Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-opening our nurseries after lockdown

nomski100

3 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

I am considering a kind of temporary override policy as it were....so along the lines of our policies will continue to be upheld in the most part with the following exception during the period of June 2020 until September 2021...

then listing any alterations we might need...was hoping this might suffice

Many thanks, sounds like a good plan!

33 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

was on a twitter thing from them i think ...i'll try and find it but i think they were just trying to keep track! (so that they can inspect the rest of us:ph34r:)

Don't suppose you have a link to where we email ? (please :)).  Thankfully I've never had to contact ofsted [finger crossed I've not jinxed it O.o]

Obviously it's not that I'm to lazy to look up myself........... I'm just asking for a friend .....:ph34r:xDxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Don't suppose you have a link to where we email ? (please :)).  Thankfully I've never had to contact ofsted [finger crossed I've not jinxed it O.o]

Obviously it's not that I'm to lazy to look up myself........... I'm just asking for a friend .....:ph34r:xDxD

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Make sure you put your details in (DOB/Home postcode etc) as they won't accept otherwise 

• Like 1

We at least had confirmation that we will receive funding even if closed, unless a parent wanst to use the funding elsewhere.  However - if funding is used elsewhere the other setting will be expected to cover costs from un-attendance funded children first before claiming off the closed setting. (hope that made sense)

Seems our LA want to try and support closed settings as much a possible :).......... although I wouldn't be surprised if it did change.

On 16/05/2020 at 14:24, sunnyday said:

Exactly - I am an owner/manager which means that the buck stops with me

I not sure who you are insured with - Morton Michel for me, bizzylizzy posted on one of these threads that she had been in contact and the answer was 'no' :o

I'm still waiting for a reply from Morton Michel....has anyone had a definite response re insure from 1st June?

28 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

I'm still waiting for a reply from Morton Michel....has anyone had a definite response re insure from 1st June?

Morton michael/pacey /and poundgates have all confirmed Suggest you check on their website ....

47 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

Somewhere - probably on this thread 'valp' posted a fact sheet from MM - which I printed off - have a ferret around and I'm sure you will find it :)

As a retired manager of a committee run setting, for those of you who have committee pressing for opening, it might be worth reminding them that in the eyes of the law they are personally liable if anything goes wrong.   Especially in light of the insurance debacle at the moment.   They might change their tune then! 

• Like 2

I think if I am to have any kind of future with the pre-school we need to move away from being a parent led committee. This has really angered me that I am good enough to make all the decisions, run the place etc etc with little support until it comes to the fundraising side and now they are not listening to me and doing what they want.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Grrrr- this is what I most dislike about Committee run settings - never worked in one, but I would find it extremely hard to be led by people without basic knowledge of childcare and development

🤬is my response to having a committee during all of this (well anytime really)

DebBrad - I wish them luck ....dream world comes to mind 😉

2 hours ago, tawny222 said:

Has anyone completed the EYA survey, I let them know that the delay is causing us all stress.

I also included that one of our biggest concerns is that we don’t know where we stand with ‘your’ insurers if we open.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Make sure you put your details in (DOB/Home postcode etc) as they won't accept otherwise 

Well, spookily I just had an email saying it was a survey on opening - I had to put our reg-no, and postcode etc... do you recon I still need to email?

I decided not to re open before September> it would have meant compelling staff to find care for their children that they weren't happy with. Have spent two days phoning all parents to explain decidion and to catch up and they were all supportive and quite glad the decision had been made for them. Deputy told me that this was the first time in a while that she had slept and didn't have a panicky feeling! Me too I suppose, when I think about it. Trying not to transfer that panic to thinking about September.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

🤬is my response to having a committee during all of this (well anytime really)

DebBrad - I wish them luck ....dream world comes to mind 😉

I also included that one of our biggest concerns is that we don’t know where we stand with ‘your’ insurers if we open.

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Morton michael/pacey /and poundgates have all confirmed Suggest you check on their website ....

thank you wll have a peak

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

cant see anything on their Morton Michael website or their facebook page....I think my brain is fried!

4 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

cant see anything on their Morton Michael website or their facebook page....I think my brain is fried!

Did you see that I had answered above - valp posted their factsheet - hang about I will look back through and see if I can find it

It is on page 5 of this thread

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Sorry you may not see my edit - it is on page 5 of this thread 

I’m not with MM but it’s interesting that it was from 17th March and they were recognizing covid as part of their public liability cover but then wouldn’t pay out on many policies for loss of revenue as it wasn’t a recognized disease 🤔 

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’m not with MM but it’s interesting that it was from 17th March and they were recognizing covid as part of their public liability cover but then wouldn’t pay out on many policies for loss of revenue as it wasn’t a recognized disease 🤔 

Yes I see what you mean - I don't have 'loss of revenue' cover

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Yes I see what you mean - I don't have 'loss of revenue' cover

I contacted them again but via their facebook page and they have responded and are going to give me a call....so hopefully I shall know for certain.   Public Liab yes and loss of earnings no suits me fine.

On 5/20/2020 at 14:19, louby loo said:

I'm just hoping the PSLAs delay about insurance clarification is because they are updating polices inline with  any changes 9_9

I have just downloaded a COVID-19 Policy from them. If you have the book of policies and put the code in, you can download it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

I have just downloaded a COVID-19 Policy from them. If you have the book of policies and put the code in, you can download it.

have they answered the insurance question on there? apparently the RSA told them their decision a few days ago!.

No? COVID 19 notice re: implications of the latest government guidance about childcare providers re-opening on 1 June: The Alliance's Scheme's Insurers, RSA, are examining the government announcement and more information will be available soon.

Still the same

8 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

No? COVID 19 notice re: implications of the latest government guidance about childcare providers re-opening on 1 June: The Alliance's Scheme's Insurers, RSA, are examining the government announcement and more information will be available soon.

Still the same

>:(>:(>:(

• Sad 1