Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-opening our nurseries after lockdown

nomski100

3 hours ago, enuffsenuf said:

well one of my colleagues dropped her children at school today as she has been doing throughout lockdown only to discover her schools onsite pre-school had reopened today.....all the children.🤧..all the parents🤢 no social distancing🥶, no staggered starting times etc😵  all standing alongside the poor keyworkers bubble.   🥵

Can i suggest she questions the headteacher about this?  This would be against all of the advice we have been given as you know. If she doesn't get a good answer maybe an email to the local LEA. It really isn't on when all of us are working so hard to get it right.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Can i suggest she questions the headteacher about this?  This would be against all of the advice we have been given as you know. If she doesn't get a good answer maybe an email to the local LEA. It really isn't on when all of us are working so hard to get it right.

She has said she will but trouble is she isn't the most confident of people.  I hope she will.  Its not our borough otherwise I would have said something via official channels to our team......having had an extra week you would have thought they had considered the guidance even more than those of us in last week.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, enuffsenuf said:

well one of my colleagues dropped her children at school today as she has been doing throughout lockdown only to discover her schools onsite pre-school had reopened today.....all the children.🤧..all the parents🤢 no social distancing🥶, no staggered starting times etc😵  all standing alongside the poor keyworkers bubble.   🥵

Good grief!! We reopened this week with very few children, staggered starts, not open every day, social distancing for parents etc, as per the guidance. You'd think the parents would know better than to stand near each other as well :/ Poor staff, as you say. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, anju said:

Good grief!! We reopened this week with very few children, staggered starts, not open every day, social distancing for parents etc, as per the guidance. You'd think the parents would know better than to stand near each other as well :/ Poor staff, as you say. 

To be honest I think a lot of people don't actually follow whats going on at all.  

We've not opened so far (very low uptake not financially viable), we've been out delivering busy bags this week etc- one of the 3 parents that wanted to come back asked if we would still be having our end of year party this year.... even if it's for one big party for them on what would have been their/our last day!  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

To be honest I think a lot of people don't actually follow whats going on at all.  

We've not opened so far (very low uptake not financially viable), we've been out delivering busy bags this week etc- one of the 3 parents that wanted to come back asked if we would still be having our end of year party this year.... even if it's for one big party for them on what would have been their/our last day!  

Love the idea of 'busy bags' what have you put in them?

16 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Love the idea of 'busy bags' what have you put in them?

We did a leavers bag and a younger bag.

The leavers was mainly transition type bits- usually this half of term we would be working on 'All About Me' type booklets to pass onto school (our schools don't actually like the formal transition documents from the LA 😂). We've gone against the grain this year - and I've actually printed off work books from Twinkle 🙀  for parents to do with the children.   Set set of coloured  pencils , a few scavenger hunts.... that type of thing.  Information for parents to about what the children need to be able to do independence wise.

Note: when I say workbook - it is more - A drawing of- me, my family, my favourite things etc and not actually 'work' :)

The Youngers had a book each (curtesy of The Booktrust :) ) and a packets of sunflowers seeds (home grown from last year) asking them to plant and bring a photo back in September. The book was 'My Pet Star' -so we added a star to decorate and make own pet, recipe for a star biscuit ..... and again bits from Twinkle 

Them we added bits of collage type bits and card to make a Father's Day card.

Having paid for Twinkle I was getting my money's worth!   Usually I am against the printed fodder type things, but this year is defiantly different.

• Like 3