Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Never been so pleased that it's Friday........rubbish week :(

I have been quite 'poorly' - awful cold with a really sore throat........then I lost my voice.........

Anyway - here's to a good weekend :1b

Sunnyday, so sorry to hear you have been on the poorly list. One of my staff, too, has been fighting a bad throat all week, at one point she began to think mumps - she is beginning on the mend today we think.

My week at pre-school has been good on the whole. All seem very settled in and responding to invitations to sit! when needed ::1a ::1a

• Like 1

Thank you Panders - I think we need a new thread something like 'Ten top tips for avoiding colds' - of course top of the list would be 'don't work in early years' ::1a

I swear by berocca....don't go to work without it at this time of year....although seem to have a blocked ear for which I don't think it will help! ::1a

Ive had a hard week ..have learnt how to say shoes/boots /now and 'toilet now then outside' in Polish :P:P :P My Arabic is not doing so well and ive given up on the Czechoslovakian! :o :blink: I can still say however that my skill in telling the children to go to the loo in any language is still working ;)

• Like 2

Well on the subject of illness...

We were asked by a parent today if it was correct they we ( as a sessional preschool) would be giving the children their flu vaccinations, as they were told be the local Drs we should be doing them! :o :huh:

Right - so add medical nurse to the list of hats needed then :angry:

Note - I should add that said parent was actually fuming - but wanted to double check her facts before kicking up a stink at the Drs surgery. She was actually gobsmacked (her words) when they told her.

Well on the subject of illness...

We were asked by a parent today if it was correct they we ( as a sessional preschool) would be giving the children their flu vaccinations, as they were told be the local Drs we should be doing them! :o :huh:

Right - so add medical nurse to the list of hats needed then :angry:

Note - I should add that said parent was actually fuming - but wanted to double check her facts before kicking up a stink at the Drs surgery. She was actually gobsmacked (her words) when they told her.

:o:o well i've heard it all now - that really does take the biscuit

Well my ghast is well and truly flabbered :o

Bit late on parade today - have had my youngest granddaughter here for the afternoon :1b mummy is 34 weeks pregnant and is struggling a bit - so nana to the rescue! ::1a

Been a great week - I will, however have the 'fluffy duck police' after me - on Tuesday we made binoculars and then went for a 'seeing/looking' walk - tell you what it was quite surprising how much more they saw through their binoculars! :lol:

Looking forward to a girlie (hmmm more like granny) lunch with two of my closest friends tomorrow :1b

Hope the weekend is kind to everyone :1b

• Like 2

All I can say is that I fell asleep on the sofa at 5.50pm and that says it all about this week. I’ve been in school before 7 every day, the school I’m a governor at had Ofsted so I was heavily involved with that for 3 days, yesterday was a full on ‘normal’ school day then I had a 2 hour meeting after school then my journey home took an hour instead of 15 minutes.

No let up for me with every day being manic until the 21st! Sorry if that sounds moany but I’m struggling to breathe right now - literally and metaphorically!

Well after having a good 2-3 years with very easy going children, this year has hit us with a bang!

Not that they are really challenging as such........ just quite a few seem to have that certain 'uniqueness' that by the end of the day you actually feel like you have been working in an old fashioned asylum. :blink: :rolleyes: :lol:

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 3

I cannot believe how quickly this half term has gone, its flown by. It has been a smashing start to the year and I have to say that all of my team have found their love for the job again now that a situation has been resolved. It has been a place filled with fun and laughter and happy children and staff again. Hope everyone has a fab half term and that Brian moves away quickly, it is just starting to blow madly here!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - took me a while to find this thread:D

Quite pleased that it is Friday - been a funny old week really - have had to play real manager a couple of times this week:ph34r:

All seemed to be much better today though - here's hoping!

hope your weekends are full of things that you enjoy:)

• Like 3

Know what you mean about finding things - not that it matters one  jot, but I did post something Wednesday evening, can't find it at all!  Maybe it got "vapourised".     I was trying to tell Zigzag that Doc Martin had a thing about gig racing this week!

Firework weekend with Granddaughters that's about all on the agenda, apart from the same old usual stuff.

Have agood one all.

Sunnyday, now you have found it - try not to lose it:o

• Like 3

Another lovely week.  We are off to visit the fire station on Monday and according to the children they are going to squirt me with water from the hoses?. Think I may just take a change of clothes just in case! (One of the firemen has got quite a character so you never know). Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 2

Really rough week - significant safeguarding issues for two of my class this week. I got home tonight and burst into tears. 

On the positives I’ve just got back from helping to decorate a birthday cake.

This weekend I need to just chill. Have a good one everyone.