Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

- currently he is sat in front of the wood burner with his guitar and I am trying really hard not to say "oh give it a rest now":ph34r:xD

Oh no!! It's you who get my sympathies now!:o   My husband is one of those people that pluck :ph34r:  He took early retirement last year and all he ever does is pluck!  we have had 'words' today about cleaning and cooking instead xDxDxD

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Oh my!  He sounds a bit clever!   

Sitting in front of the fire relaxing sounds the best sort of therapy for him just now too! 

He is clever and very creative:) I agree sitting in front of the fire is the best place for him - just wish he would do it quietlyxD particularly when I am trying to work in the next room!

19 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you - you are all very kind - currently he is sat in front of the wood burner with his guitar and I am trying really hard not to say "oh give it a rest now":ph34r:xD

fm - must be very odd for you to have him back home........will he find it relatively easy to find another job? (I had typed 'position' but I know that might well have started an altogether different conversation :P)

Choir sounds great young froglet:)

I have been 'cooking on gas' in terms of the old TDL today - I am trying not to have to much to do over half-term........

I always wanted to learn to play the guitar...maybe when i retire!

Well this is the second time this has happened to the old hubby ...last time he took a year to find a position(O.oxD) ....just blinking bad luck unfortunately. He's going up to the flat this week to clear it out...but with both my girls at home too he's had to get a storage unit to put the things in. If anyone wants a 6 month old ikea corner sofa with pull out bed (used once!) give us a shout! (the thought of taking it apart drives me mad ...it took me ages to put together!:ph34r::ph34r:)

xxx

Granddaughter just left for home, I must crack on now with weekend jobs, just thought I'd gave a quick whirl on here first:D   I remember only too well when Number 2 son wanted guitar lessons, my ears only recovered a few months ago!!   Alas, he still doesn't really play, all those lessons and practice, but we do have the guitar still, but of course, that's here and he has a flat of his own.

My best wishes to Mr. S.  but it's going to be a cold week I fear, so stoke up the old wood burner.    I have an "annual conversation" coming up on Thursday, can't wait for that one,   so best crack on as I've said I would:D:D

• Like 1

Thank you my little black and white furry friend :) dare I tempt fate by saying he seems much better today :)

He has a telephone consultation booked with GP for tomorrow afternoon, should find out result of chest xray and latest sputum (yuk) test then......fingers crossed that all will be good, he then intends to talk to him about how he can keep well for the long awaited and twice cancelled op

Good luck with the 'annual convo' don't want mine any time soon:ph34r: 

5 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

not even a flake here!

I'm thinking lucky you - I don't 'do' snow and ice!

Wen I posted we had a covering and it was snowing hard, those very big flakes - but it didn't actually amount to much at all, sun came out at 10 o'clock and it's almoat all gone now - hooray! 

I would just love a couple of hours of snow, we would have such fun, it’s been years and years since we even had a light dusting!  My fingers are crossed to see a snowflake over the next couple of days!  All we ever get is rain, rain and more rain!

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

I would just love a couple of hours of snow, we would have such fun, it’s been years and years since we even had a light dusting!  My fingers are crossed to see a snowflake over the next couple of days!  All we ever get is rain, rain and more rain!

I am happy, very happy to keep my fingers crossed that it snows in Cornwall as opposed to KentxD

• Haha 3

On 2/3/2018 at 20:37, louby loo said:

Oh no!! It's you who get my sympathies now!:o   My husband is one of those people that pluck :ph34r:  He took early retirement last year and all he ever does is pluck!  we have had 'words' today about cleaning and cooking instead xDxDxD

:o Oldest grandson, day off college, so decides to visit his poorly granddad - lovely so far, but he has brought his flippin' guitar with him so now I have two 'pluckers' to contend withxD

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

:o Oldest grandson, day off college, so decides to visit his poorly granddad - lovely so far, but he has brought his flippin' guitar with him so now I have two 'pluckers' to contend withxD

:o:o:o:o!!!!!!

I'm not one to brag but Tuesday Night is my 'bliss' Night..... the plucker goes out to pluck with a group of pluckers :)  xxx

................... sometimes I even have wine :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Few flakes of snow as the children came to school, they were so excited! 🤪 so we booted and suited and went out in it, nothing was laying at all but at least they got to see snowflakes falling.  Sadly it was all over before it had even begun, but I guess that’s what you get for living down here! It is now raining (again)

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

:o:o:o:o!!!!!!

I'm not one to brag but Tuesday Night is my 'bliss' Night..... the plucker goes out to pluck with a group of pluckers :)  xxx

................... sometimes I even have wine :)

Such a shame they ditched 2nd part Silent Witness for flipping football!    Glass of wine and no plucker about and Silent Witness would have been heavenly for me!   Just not having to explain who did what to whom and why!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Few flakes of snow as the children came to school, they were so excited! 🤪 so we booted and suited and went out in it, nothing was laying at all but at least they got to see snowflakes falling.  Sadly it was all over before it had even begun, but I guess that’s what you get for living down here! It is now raining (again)

Better than nothing - that must have been all my finger crossing that did it :D

Was snowing here again earlier - there is nothing on the ground but my car has a white overcoat........my day off tomorrow so not too bothered :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Such a shame they ditched 2nd part Silent Witness for flipping football!    Glass of wine and no plucker about and Silent Witness would have been heavenly for me!   Just not having to explain who did what to whom and why!

No Holby city and no silent witness just because the flaming football is on, it’s just not good enough!! So my husband is not ‘plucking’ but watching some other rubbish so I am currently watching reruns of Friends!

Yay - not only is it Friday but it is now officially half term (with apologies to those who don't get a break now) can't believe that this marks halfway through the school year - i'm sure we only went back a couple of weeks ago!

Expecting one half of our family to visit this evening which should be fun:)

Seem to still have a lengthy TDL despite my best efforts - its a case of 'cross one thing off and then add two more' O.o:D

Now - I need to whisper this very quietly........Mr S is feeling much, much better - phew - Dr has now prescribed some preventative antibiotics which he will take on just Monday, Wednesday and Fridays until he has his procedure, these should hopefully keep any nasties at bay:)

Happy weekend and happy half term break :)

• Like 6

Fab news for Mr S.  Hope he is able to have his procedure soon.

Well my half term consists of a committee meeting on Monday and paediatric first aid on Thursday and Friday 🤨🤨.  Hope to do something nice on Tuesday and Wednesday if it ever stops raining!  Hope everyone has a good week.😉

Edited by zigzag
  • Like 2

Woohoo - so glad to hear about Mr S.  My fingers are still very tightly crossed (which is making typing a little difficult but I'm persevering!).  Busy week, one more week to go.  My children are lovely but so loud at the moment.  I have no idea why.  My TA and I keep looking at each asking what happened - it's not like our expectations for behaviour changed in any way but they are pushing every boundary as far as it can go and then pushing again just in case we didn't really mean that firm 'no'!!

Ah well, am sure we'll survive and although I'm tired I've been really working on my sleep since Christmas and am not quite as exhausted as I usually am  at the end of term so that makes it easier to cope.

Epic TDL this weekend and I MUST do some things for my governor role.  No particularly fun plans although I may well make a cake at some point.  I want to try a little paper cutting too as a new crafty thing - there are some beautiful ideas out there.  My nephew joined Warwick choristers in the autumn and had his first proper concert yesterday - he is just beaming in the photos and I'm so proud of him.  He's never been one of the 'sporty' gang and for various reasons has found school tough but he's always been musical (and that's not just proud aunty talking) and it's so lovely to see him being recognised for his strengths at last.

OK, better get on with things... the washing up is calling (well it's not really but someone has to do something about it!).

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts re Mr S :)

Think that (finally) he might just begin to be a little more sensible with regard to keeping well - he has been staying indoors and keeping warm apart from a gentle wander around a local garden centre and a trip to the cinema - this morning he announced "I am going up to the workshop for a couple of hours" - I said "oh please don't stay and up there too long and please don't let yourself get cold" - he was back down and back in front of the fire within about 20 minutes saying "it's too bl**** cold to be up there"xDxDxD

fm - I hope you have a wonderful holiday

young Froglet sorry to hear that it is not yet half-term for you - hope your week goes well and that your class 'quieten down' a little:) one of my youngest little boys managed to get our whole group speaking in whispers this week as he wandered round saying "shhhhhh be quiet the baby's asleep" - very sweet.......

• Like 3

You are to mean sunnyday - you should let Mr S moving his workshop into the house!   (mine seems to have done this- and I feel others should have to endure this too xD)

Hope every one has a good break, and froglet...at least you can watch us all go back to work when you are off :):)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

You are to mean sunnyday - you should let Mr S moving his workshop into the house!   (mine seems to have done this- and I feel others should have to endure this too xD)

Hope every one has a good break, and froglet...at least you can watch us all go back to work when you are off :):)

I shall make you all return to work cake!

• Like 3