Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Just now, Froglet said:

I haven't forgotten that I did once promise to send the FSF office some cake - it's on the TDL I promise, just needing to do quite a lot of research into which will survive the journey best!

I haven't forgotten either! B| I'm sure you'll think of something delish!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I solemnly promise that during my half-term I will make you all something!  How many people are now in the FSF office?  It won't be the G&T cupcakes - they will be too soggy by the time it gets there!

Well, there's me and Sue (don't mention the C word) in one office (it's a very sensible office as you can imagine), then there's Tim, Lauren, Louise and Joe in the back office, Emily, Sneha and Olaya in the other office downstairs. Upstairs there is Tom, Andy, Dan and Kirk (who build and fix the FSF and Tapestry) and then of course Helen and Steve. We also have up to 5 dogs at a time (but you don't need to feed them) - Finlay (who belongs to Helen and Steve), Teddy (belongs to Emily), Eric (Louise's dog), Billy (Don't mention the C word Sue's dog) and then Joey - who belongs to friends but is currently visiting. It's a lovely mix! Too much information??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Well, there's me and Sue (don't mention the C word) in one office (it's a very sensible office as you can imagine), then there's Tim, Lauren, Louise and Joe in the back office, Emily, Sneha and Olaya in the other office downstairs. Upstairs there is Tom, Andy, Dan and Kirk (who build and fix the FSF and Tapestry) and then of course Helen and Steve. We also have up to 5 dogs at a time (but you don't need to feed them) - Finlay (who belongs to Helen and Steve), Teddy (belongs to Emily), Eric (Louise's dog), Billy (Don't mention the C word Sue's dog) and then Joey - who belongs to friends but is currently visiting. It's a lovely mix! Too much information??

Just enough information although you may be overestimating my ability to do counting on a Sunday afternoon!  I think I will overestimate quantities just to be on the safe side...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

Just enough information although you may be overestimating my ability to do counting on a Sunday afternoon!  I think I will overestimate quantities just to be on the safe side...

I have done the maths for you young Froglet - the answer is eleventy billion - wow that is going to  be a very big cake!:bananas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I have done the maths for you young Froglet - the answer is eleventy billion - wow that is going to  be a very big cake!:bananas:

Thank you!!  So, I make that..... lots of eggs! o.O  I'm wondering if there's an FSF office shed it can be stored in!

Edited by Froglet
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Thank you!!  So, I make that..... lots of eggs! o.O  I'm wondering if there's an FSF office shed it can be stored in!

I'm more worried about how you are going to transport the giant cake.........hmmm s'pose you could hire a low loader......

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

12 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I'm more worried about how you are going to transport the giant cake.........hmmm s'pose you could hire a low loader......

Not sure why, but for some reason I think Froglet is in the top half of the country?  With this in mind I fell she could travel southwards -dropping off slices of cake (with a thermos of tea) to us on the way?  ..... just an idea :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

Not sure why, but for some reason I think Froglet is in the top half of the country?  With this in mind I fell she could travel southwards -dropping off slices of cake (with a thermos of tea) to us on the way?  ..... just an idea :D

I am indeed (well middle-ish), sounds like a plan to me.  I'm thinking it will need to be a fairly robust kind of cake to survive the journey - a good fruit cake maybe and Cait could get us some Wensleydale to eat with it?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Oooh good thinking Batman oops louby :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Thinking about it; maybe more of an issue is how I'm going to cook it in the first place?!  Maybe I should just make eleventy billion fairy cakes?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friday!

Didn't really relax into the half-term week:(had a safeguarding issue to deal with.......

Currently trying to finish the old TDL - well I was until I allowed myself to become sidetracked on here:D

<touching wood> Mr S continues to be well - we made the long (and expensive) trek up to the Royal Brompton Hospital yesterday to deliver a sputum sample to them, should have the results in a week and then hopefully they will give him a new date for his procedure:)

Hope you have had a good week if it has been half-term for you

Young Froglet - enjoy yours next week:)

• Like 1

Sorry you didn't get to relax Sunnyday, hope the issue is resolved soon.  Fingers are still crossed for Mr S.  

I have had a lovely day with my class celebrating the 100th day of school with my class - we made a book of 100 things that made us happy!  I got to stay a little later than is usual on a Friday so my classroom has been thoroughly tidied for once.  I've brought loads of things home to do, my TDL is epic and I'm planning to work the first half of the week but then relax I hope!!

• Like 1

I have just slightly depressed myself by writing down the parts of my school TDL that I can remember off the top of my head - it won't fit on one page!  That doesn't take into account my governor TDL or my house TDL!  How many weeks can I have off?!  Clearly I'm going to need to focus on being focused!!xD

On 17/02/2018 at 09:17, Froglet said:

I have just slightly depressed myself by writing down the parts of my school TDL that I can remember off the top of my head - it won't fit on one page!  That doesn't take into account my governor TDL or my house TDL!  How many weeks can I have off?!  Clearly I'm going to need to focus on being focused!!xD

Did you say in another post that you wanted to try paper cutting this half-term?  I was just looking for some inspiration for making an easter wreath and came across some beautiful paper cut spring  'chandeliers'.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Did you say in another post that you wanted to try paper cutting this half-term?  I was just looking for some inspiration for making an easter wreath and came across some beautiful paper cut spring  'chandeliers'.  :)

I did.  It's something I've been fascinated by for ages.  There are some truly beautiful things out there.  I'm not sure I'm skilful enough to get what's in my head out onto the paper but I think it's worth giving it a go!  I'm also determined to do a little more sewing on the bag project I've had going for a while!

I know it's not Friday!

Just had a call from the Royal Brompton - Mr S has a new date for his procedure - whoop, whoop - we have to go up on 17th and he will have the procedure early on 18th April - a long wait but we are so pleased, he now has something to aim for :)

• Like 8

Sunnyday, I am so pleased to hear that about Mr S.  Fingers will continue to be crossed that he stays well on route to April.

I can confirm that the FSF HQ cake is in the oven.  I licked the bowl and that tasted good (but I may not be the most discriminating of bowl lickers!)  I suspect Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry would not approve of the thoroughness of my mixing but I'm relying on the fact that FSF are more on my level of cake beauty and mix than Bake Off royalty.

Am now off to research suitable packaging for its long journey down south...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Panders said:

Didn't have the best start to the weekend - 2 hours in GDPR training o.O   would like to say I am now fully informed - BUT!

Yay!!  When froglet drops the cake off- we can all come round to yours for the 'cascading of training'! over coffee and cake! xDxD

• Haha 1

xDxD I will say, that one of the things which got a couple hot under the collar was about how much of the  data we keep is excessive, records going back a long way, but do we need all the information contained therein or - just the relevant stuff is enough.  I think it's going to be very time consuming going through records etc.  At one point it was almost the messengers getting shot - some of the attendees were making it seem as if it was the LA's idea to do all this.

One thing did occur, could this be the real reason why Ofsted are dropping the SEF - not for our benefit - but because they cannot continue to hold all that dataxD

Now the terms of my training are this - it has to be a very large and sticky chocolate cake with 4 layers and there must be either good quality coffee going with it or milk! Failing this, it will have to be at a time I can indulge in a large G&T.

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Didn't have the best start to the weekend - 2 hours in GDPR training o.O   would like to say I am now fully informed - BUT!

I had a county email yesterday saying there was a lot of scaremongering and companies trying to cash in on the back of GDPR followed by another email from them inviting me to their training at a cost of £35 ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2