Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On the Friday front...not been too bad a week in fact i have just offered a lovely lady a job and she's just accepted! :) first decent applicant in 18 months!

Had one girl said their reward system for the children was to give them half an hour on the ipad at the end of the week (REALLY!) and none of them have been able to answer the safeguarding questions...but are all experienced and working in the fieldO.o

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

personally I'm not sure that the LEA's will know any more than the well informed forumites who have been following Rebecca's info! save your £35 squid and have a read of the info on here and the stuff on dot Gov.! 

fm - I am banking on that:D

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

personally I'm not sure that the LEA's will know any more than the well informed forumites who have been following Rebecca's info! save your £35 squid and have a read of the info on here and the stuff on dot Gov.! 

I wasn’t planning on going fm, I usually find my county doesn’t offer anything until you’ve already been there and got the t-shirt and then wonder why no one goes on the training.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I wasn’t planning on going fm, I usually find my county doesn’t offer anything until you’ve already been there and got the t-shirt and then wonder why no one goes on the training.

Yes, sometimes I just think I could just pay myself for 3 hours on the internet, and I can learn far more than I would on a 3 LA course anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

I work in one authority and am a governor in another and have several friends who work in schools in others.  Everyone is getting slightly different messages about what we 'must' do.  I'm planning to go to the source!  The cost implications of what some of my friends were being told are huge and I'm not sure achievable given the tightness of budgets however, my school doesn't seem to be getting the same messages!

PS Cake is on its way - I hope it arrives in a fairly edible state!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 5

So day 3 of the 'big freeze' and I am playing hooky again and will be tomorrow too :ph34r: emailed all parents yesterday afternoon to tell them we won't open again until Monday (lets hope that we can do that) - had the most supportive replies, they are a good bunch :)

Conditions are pretty awful here - of the four main routes into our village only one remains passable and that is only with a 4x4 really - other routes are blocked by snowdrifts and/or accidents :(

No 2 son and family are currently living in a mobile home (or the chavavan as I like to call itxD bit naughty I know but makes me laugh!) anyway this is as they are in the middle of a self-build (this is their 2nd) so the chavavan water is frozen this morning :o he has put a heater under there and is hoping all will be well - I have said "look just move in with us" (I would love it!) so that might happen if things don't thaw!:)

Bit of a blow for Mr S - they must have left that (yuck) sputum sample growing at the hospital - had an email from them on Tuesday afternoon, followed by a 'phone call, it is now showing that he has candida (thrush) in his airways, this has to be treated and gone before they can carry out his procedure :o so the poor thing has to take another 14 day course of tablets for that - however they are still saying 17th/18th April is booked for him so not all bad news - have to say my heart stopped when I first read the email - luckily our GP has come up trumps and we were able to collect a prescription from there yesterday morning - well no 1 son did in his 4x4 :) good lad

Mr S rings his elderly mum every morning to check that she is OK - this morning I was standing behind him silently praying "do say yes, do say yes" - the only way to reach her now would be a long walk across fields and that would be me then :o but thankfully she confirmed all good with her :)

Dear me - I started this post at around 12 o'clock then one of my dearest friends rang and we have been chatting for the last 2 hours+ - lovely catch up but fairly recording breaking length of time!:D

Right a late lunch today then!

• Like 4

We've caved in today, we did do a short day Tues, and closed today at 1pm due to the pipes in kitchen starting to freeze up!

We normally do until 3.30 tues/thurs.

All our parents have been fantastic though and have thanks us for staying open. We had a big box of chocolate biscuits gifted to help us today  :D

That said I do seem to have that 'one parent' who seems to have failed to keep us up to date with contact details.>:(..  well I've tried on three numbers- so hopefully she'd may get a message back from one of them! If she does turn up tomorrow then she may have learnt a valuable lesson about keeping details up-to-date, and is lucky that this is not a real medical emergency or similar  :(.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Stop it! I'm confused enough as it is xDxDxDxD

....still,   I do sometimes treat myself to a little 'end of week' afternoon nap on Fridays ..........:o:D:D

Wakey, Wakey louby it is only Thursday - no napping on a Thursday pleasexD

Right I really must go and do something vaguely useful.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

....still,   I do sometimes treat myself to a little 'end of week' afternoon nap on Fridays ..........:o:D:D

I already did!

That May have had more to do with only gett 3 1/2 hours sleep last night. Just about got enough energy to face the TDL again tonight.

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I have guilt!!!

Going to start the GDPR stuff, that might make me feel like I'm not being unproductivexD

That's quite enough guilt for one day xDxD  Crikey, how much information do i collect!   Time to have a bit of a re-think

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Panders said:

That's quite enough guilt for one day xDxD  Crikey, how much information do i collect!   Time to have a bit of a re-think

Glad i didn't start then - I am feeling pleasantly chilled out - no need to spoil that with work stuff :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1