Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 1/12/2018 at 17:02, Panders said:

Hello - yes I'm finding it tricky to find some older posts, but put it down to me .   Sorry Mr S is still on the poorly list - let's hope the a/b's are just the ticket.

Have you set yourself an activity stream? Here's how Also, if you go to the 'All activty' stream and there is a little 'my activity streams' tab by the side, you can click there to see 'content I posted in' that will quickly help you find threads you are already talking in! Give me a nudge if you need more help - here all day today, tomorrow and Thursday :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well where did that week go?

Here we are with another Friday - pretty good week for me - the 'newbie' who wasn't settled last week is doing really well now (touch wood!)

Touching wood again - Mr S seems a little better - I don't want to tempt fate because we have been here before - but fingers crossed.......

No exciting plans this weekend - I have my 'headcount' to do tomorrow and some other paperwork for one of the village charities that I am involved in

Hope the weekend is kind to you all:)

Another week over. We have a newby that has become attached to me... literally xD  Only a two year old- so I have a good excuse to sit and cuddle all morning :) 

Finally getting my new laptop this weekend - I've been putting it off for over a year, but at Christmas the cat sat on top of this one** and she's well and truly  killed the screen ... Half the screen is now stripy, and although I'm getting very good at squinty reading it's really not good.  I'm not sure the staff will not  have the required reading techniques when I ask them to do their online training in a few weeks.

** It is rather old and is held together with gaffer tape- so I can't totally blame the cat xD

• Haha 1

Sunnyday - my fingers are crossed for Mr S too.

It was (as seems usual these days) a week with a few more than the normal challenges in it.  Really cross with myself because without thinking I said something which was joking/teasing my children but which scared my little boy with ASD.  I think we resolved it but just kicking myself.  Had a lovely catch up meal with friends last night.  Late night but I have had the best night's sleep I've had in months!  This weekend, just working on the TDL which is never ending but I did get one of the jobs which was hanging over me sorted out last week so it feels a little lighter at the moment.  Cold, grey day today so I'm thinking it might be a jacket potato, or shepherd's pie or the like for tea...

Here we go again - it's Friday!

Pretty good week here, apart from a rise in my rent from 1st May, should be able to cope with it but have told the management committee of the building (I am actually secretary on this committee) that I will tell them if it looks to be too costly for us:D they confirmed that would be more than okay!

Mr S is so, so really - his latest test came back clear - i should be jumping for joy, but he isn't 'right' if you know what I mean.......

Went to see 'The Post' on my day off on Wednesday, it's ages since we last went to the cinema - I asked for their 'senior citizens' deal and then was slightly miffed when they didn't even ask whether or not we really qualified for that:ph34r:xD - anyway film was very good:)

Need to spend some time out in the garden this weekend, we suffered a little bit of damage in those high winds Tuesday/Wednesday, thankfully nothing too serious but I have some clearing up to do

Other than that I hope to see the youngest of our grandchildren at some point:) they can only visit us if they are 'snot' free as we can't have any 'snottiness' around Mr S

Hope the weekend is kind to you all:)

A snot free zone - almost unheard of at work!!!  I upset one of newbies today - I dug a hole for myself, which I can't believe I did,  upshot of which he had tears and a tantrum - still feeling guilty now and trying hard to process it all.     Not my finest hour.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Panders said:

A snot free zone - almost unheard of at work!!!  I upset one of newbies today - I dug a hole for myself, which I can't believe I did,  upshot of which he had tears and a tantrum - still feeling guilty now and trying hard to process it all.     Not my finest hour.

Oh poor you - I'm sure we have all experienced similar scenarios - its hard not to beat ourselves up

• Like 1

Ha ...don't bring Mr S around here...if i find another little one with their finger rammed up their nose i shall ****$£%"^!

2 hours ago, Panders said:

I dug a hole for myself, which I can't believe I did,  upshot of which he had tears and a tantrum - still feeling guilty now and trying hard to process it all.     Not my finest hour.

i did something similar with one of my 8 year olds the other day....can't tell you how cross i was with myself (he is really dyslexic and i didn't handle it well) i apologised to his parents to which the response was " oh we're SO glad he's done that here ...we thought he only did it for us!O.o:$^_^ sort of helped a bit but i guess if you care about the children then this is going to happen sometimes :ph34r: try not to stress^_^

• Like 1

I did something similar the other day and as soon as I had said it, I was kicking myself, I am sure we have all done it at sometime or another.  Had a few off poorly this week and endless green noses there is just so much going around.  The weather has also been so miserable, it’s been storm after storm and it just has not stopped raining for the month!  It’s become quite depressing opening the curtains to rain and high winds everyday.  Our forest school site has been completely decimated and is currently unusable so having to work with alternatives.  

Sunnyday, sorry to hear that things are still not right for Mr S.  

Sunnyday, so sorry to hear Mr S is not yet right.  Thinking of you.

Panders/FM/Zigzag - see my last Friday message, I did exactly the same last week.  

It's been an ok week - a few tricky issues to try to resolve.  I've just got back from 40 minutes stood on the side of a freezing cold football pitch - I have no children, it was just the only way my co-chair of governors and I could get together to chat!  I already have soup planned for lunch and the fire is on but I'm thinking it might be a day for baking - iced buns maybe?  I've never made them but am in the mood for something 'doughy'!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you young froglet

Talking of 'doughy' food - we have just eaten hot cross buns - shop bought - yummy!

So have we xD.... Only problem is- the husband said  'these taste really funny,  I think there's something wrong with them'  Turns out on closer inspection that he has picked up 'salted caramel and chocolate chip'. 

I DO NOT recommend them!

• Haha 2

I 'popped' down to see the youngest two grandchildren - lovely - Have volunteered to look after that beautiful baby boy on a regular basis on Tuesday afternoon so that his sister can resume her swimming lessons (mummy needs to go in with her) - they think that I am doing them a huge favourxD:bananas:

Tis particular granddaughter has a sticker reward chart on the fridge - this is a new thing - she gets a sticker for going to bed 'nicely', for staying in bed all night (don't think she has had many for that), for taking her vitamins without fuss and for eating her meals, again without fuss.........all good but my DIL accidently bought emoji stickers - granddaughter thinks the 'poo' one is chocolate ice-cream - i was a little taken aback to see a row of poo emojis on her chart until all was explained!xDxD

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Here we go again!

Pretty good week at pre-school:)

Mr S not doing very well at all - waiting for results of chest x-ray - Dr thinks he may have pneumonia:( (I don't think so, but what do I know) what a rotten winter this has been for him...........

Have a good weekend all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Here we go again!

Pretty good week at pre-school:)

Mr S not doing very well at all - waiting for results of chest x-ray - Dr thinks he may have pneumonia:( (I don't think so, but what do I know) what a rotten winter this has been for him...........

Have a good weekend all

Ahh Sunnyday so sorry to hear that Mr s is still unwell, seems to be going on a very long time for him.  I think a bit of warmth and sunshine would go a long way to improving people’s physical and mental health.  It has just been the longest most miserable winter!  I will keep everything crossed that he returns to good health soon.

cannot believe it’s Friday again, the weeks are flying by, it’s quite scary.  

Happy weekend all.🙂

• Like 2

you bang on as much as you like...part of being on this forum is that we are forum friends ready to support each other...sending you both hugs xxxx

As for my week a bit of an odd one  ...as were talking partners....hubby was 'let go' from work rather unexpectedly so having been living away for 18 months is now back....!

In terms of work I'm struggling a bit to keep everyone motivated on the staff team. Working under staffed for a year is beginning to show. not helped by the weather. Have a trustees meeting this week with two new members....one is an expert in finance and the other in education, so I'm beginning to feel rather nervous about it all

• Like 2

Sunnyday - you 'bang on' as much as you like, we're here for you.  FM - the same goes for you too, I bet it's a bit strange having him around again.

Sounds like it's the time of year when 'greyness' is beginning to get to people.  I joined a choir this week and had a great evening doing that - haven't sung in ages.  Both my schools (the governor one and the one I work in) are having something of a rough time at the moment - for different reasons.  I'm trying to do my best to support but at the same time keep my own head above water!

No particular plans for the weekend other than I must do the cleaning!!

• Like 3

Thank you - you are all very kind - currently he is sat in front of the wood burner with his guitar and I am trying really hard not to say "oh give it a rest now":ph34r:xD

fm - must be very odd for you to have him back home........will he find it relatively easy to find another job? (I had typed 'position' but I know that might well have started an altogether different conversation :P)

Choir sounds great young froglet:)

I have been 'cooking on gas' in terms of the old TDL today - I am trying not to have to much to do over half-term........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I have been 'cooking on gas' in terms of the old TDL today - I am trying not to have to much to do over half-term........

That is great ambition. I have re-written my TDL into a different layout but not actually done anything on it!