Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Sunntday I loved The Educating Yorkshire series, and agree I wonder how anyone works at high school age, they seem more like social workers than teachers - hats off to them.

I know what you mean but I have to say that I have friends who work in secondary or even some of KS2 people and they feel just the same about those of us who work with younger people. That's even once they've realised that they don't actually wet themselves all the time! Each to their own. I even had a student earlier in the year who had done most of their placement with Y3 and just came to join my Y1s for 6 weeks. He couldn't believe how fast paced things were and was also completely exhausted - to the extent that when he was sat in on a meeting with the rest of the KS1 team after school one day there were several points when I looked up and he had his eyes closed!

• Like 2

As someone who doesn't have a summer TDL anymore, I quite miss it!! :o

I still can waste hours on Pinterest though!

Sunntday I loved The Educating Yorkshire series, and agree I wonder how anyone works at high school age, they seem more like social workers than teachers - hats off to them.

ooh Thumperrabbit what's it like in noTDL heaven? I've heard you get time to go and do exciting things you haven't done for a long time, can that really be true?

• Like 3

I know what you mean but I have to say that I have friends who work in secondary or even some of KS2 people and they feel just the same about those of us who work with younger people. That's even once they've realised that they don't actually wet themselves all the time! Each to their own. I even had a student earlier in the year who had done most of their placement with Y3 and just came to join my Y1s for 6 weeks. He couldn't believe how fast paced things were and was also completely exhausted - to the extent that when he was sat in on a meeting with the rest of the KS1 team after school one day there were several points when I looked up and he had his eyes closed!

That is so interesting and really quite pleasing to hear :1b

• Like 1

As someone who doesn't have a summer TDL anymore, I quite miss it!! :o

I still can waste hours on Pinterest though!

I have a sneaking suspicion that I do would miss the old TDL if I didn't have one..........

It has worked out quite well that I have had to be up and dressed and out early every morning to let those chooks and ducks out, then back here to take the dog out for a run..........that seems to have given my the oomph to then get on with the TDL :1b

Mr S is taking a day off tomorrow so won't get anything done, Thursday and Friday will be accounts, accounts and then some more accounts..........I am off to Norfolk for five days next week, then Mr S is taking the following week off :1b

But hopefully if I get the accounts done and taken to the accountant there really won't be anything to onerous left to do :1b

• Like 4

It has worked out quite well that I have had to be up and dressed and out early every morning to let those chooks and ducks out, then back here to take the dog out for a run..........that seems to have given my the oomph to then get on with the TDL :1b

That's what I could do with - oomph! Plus something to make me get up and going in the morning. I'm currently not getting up late but am getting up and burying my head in a book!

Edited by Froglet

That's what I could do with - oomph! Plus something to make me get up and going in the morning. I'm currently not getting up late but am getting up and burying my head in a book!

Would you like to come and sort the chooks and ducks out tomorrow then - it's all quite easy.......let them out of their house, feed, give them clean water, collect eggs........... :lol:

Would you like to come and sort the chooks and ducks out tomorrow then - it's all quite easy.......let them out of their house, feed, give them clean water, collect eggs........... :lol:

No problem! Have never been to Kent and always fancied it.

• Like 1

ooh Thumperrabbit what's it like in noTDL heaven? I've heard you get time to go and do exciting things you haven't done for a long time, can that really be true?

Honestly? it's a strange place to be! I still have teenage children so can't quite just disappear for a whole day but they are at the age where they don't want to go and do 'things' with mum! I have noticed that teachers are in the primary school opposite and feel like going round and offering some help!!!

Yes, I know I'm odd :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

Honestly? it's a strange place to be! I still have teenage children so can't quite just disappear for a whole day but they are at the age where they don't want to go and do 'things' with mum! I have noticed that teachers are in the primary school opposite and feel like going round and offering some help!!!

Yes, I know I'm odd :lol: :lol:

You can always come and help me! :rolleyes: :lol:

The 'holidaymakers' are home! :1b

Have handed over all of the animals - yay! ::1a Actually I will miss their beautiful dog - but not the chickens or flippin' ducks :ph34r: Anyway - all present and correct - one dog, three cats, three chickens and two ducks which is what I started with - phew! :lol:

Need to get an answer from LA re funding for next term - painful process that is - I thought it was quite an easy question - but hey apparently not :ph34r: I need to know how to express 11 hours 15 mins on my headcount - I though 11.25, but then I thought should it be 11.15........then I started to really worry.......can I even claim that odd 15 mins :(

Right - I am meant to be sorting my accounts out - think I really should have a cup of tea first though :rolleyes:

• Like 2

The 'holidaymakers' are home! :1b

Need to get an answer from LA re funding for next term - painful process that is - I thought it was quite an easy question - but hey apparently not :ph34r: I need to know how to express 11 hours 15 mins on my headcount - I though 11.25, but then I thought should it be 11.15........then I started to really worry.......can I even claim that odd 15 mins :(

Right - I am meant to be sorting my accounts out - think I really should have a cup of tea first though :rolleyes:

We claim (unless anything's changed that is) in half hour blocks as XX-5 I always round it up on each claim. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We claim (unless anything's changed that is) in half hour blocks as XX-5 I always round it up on each claim. :rolleyes:

Thank you

This has come up because we are changing our pattern of delivery to 4 mornings - 9am -12:45pm............we have been told (Kent) that we will be fined for any 'misinformation' on our Headcounts - fair enough - just please answer my query :ph34r: .........being fined would be the last straw for me :(

Thank you

This has come up because we are changing our pattern of delivery to 4 mornings - 9am -12:45pm............we have been told (Kent) that we will be fined for any 'misinformation' on our Headcounts - fair enough - just please answer my query :ph34r: .........being fined would be the last straw for me :(

I'd like to 'fine' ours (Essex) for the amount of times we've had to reprint stuff they've made mistake on!!

• Like 1

Oh no sunnyday, the differences in counties are just ridiculous, we carried the .25hrs for many years, it luckily it was an unpopular session take up (1 full day + 2 or 3 mornings instead of the usual 2.5 days) that caused it so only ever a couple a week, how many will you have to carry ? I'm still chasing the parents to get their 30hr codes, I know we will get to September and it will be 'I didn't do it in time can I drop back to 15 hrs?' Well they will be in for a shock when I bring the notice period payment due into play :-D

• Like 2

Oh no sunnyday, the differences in counties are just ridiculous, we carried the .25hrs for many years, it luckily it was an unpopular session take up (1 full day + 2 or 3 mornings instead of the usual 2.5 days) that caused it so only ever a couple a week, how many will you have to carry ? I'm still chasing the parents to get their 30hr codes, I know we will get to September and it will be 'I didn't do it in time can I drop back to 15 hrs?' Well they will be in for a shock when I bring the notice period payment due into play :-D

I am still waiting for a definitive answer from Kent - a lot of 'buck passing' going on......it will be four children I think - doesn't sound a lot - but if my maths is correct (that is questionable) I am going to be 'down' by £148.00 per academic year :(

I will hold on for an answer and then make some decisions.......

Certainly know now that 'hiding' this problem from parents is now a complete no, no - they need to see the full picture I think......

Perhaps I will have to start asking for 'voluntary contributions' - I so don't want to do so

Re the 30 hour codes - it's my understanding that all needs to be dealt with by the end of August - but I could be wrong - worth checking though for your own peace of mind........

• Like 1

It's gone very quiet in here, everyone must be beavering away on their TDL ....today's pleasure is cohort tracking :-/

::1a ::1a ::1a mine clearing out the car, which, sadly stores our outside resources in the boot! Very neat now and ready to go! Also an e mail to Mrs. O about "records" going home over night.

PLUS - you know who is away at the moment!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 3

I have been shopping. Scouring Poundland for all these bargains everyone else finds. Lost the will in the end and went and bought myself something. Had an eye out for any reduced light weight balaclavas - nothing about though. I expect the holiday makers have bought them all to combat this beautiful August weather.

PS. I would like to add that I didn't treat myself in Poundland - other shopping and browsing emporiums are available.

Edited by lsp
  • Like 3

I've just washed some stones ready to paint, probably numbers on them for outside play. Such an exciting life I lead sometimes. I rarely find anything in Poundland that everyone else appears to find :wacko: it must all be down to locality and being there at the right time. Yesterday I walked around an entire The Range shop and bought absolutely nothing - hardly had to restrain myself either!

• Like 1

::1a ::1a ::1a mine clearing out the car, which, sadly stores our outside resources in the boot! Very neat now and ready to go! Also an e mail to Mrs. O about "records" going home over night.

PLUS - you know who is away at the moment!

Ahem - I am back! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I have been shopping. Scouring Poundland for all these bargains everyone else finds. Lost the will in the end and went and bought myself something. Had an eye out for any reduced light weight balaclavas - nothing about though. I expect the holiday makers have bought them all to combat this beautiful August weather.

PS. I would like to add that I didn't treat myself in Poundland - other shopping and browsing emporiums are available.

If you speak nicely to young froglet she might make you a lightweight balaclava! :P :lol:

• Like 2