Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I like the 'STOP ignoring 30hr funding emails' sunnyday don't they drive you mad? and I thought coolmilk was bad enough! Which reminds me I haven't done the claim update yet :-(

feel your pain louby loo, I have to start another EHCP, seems to be one after the other at the moment and boy they take some hours don't they?

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

and boy they take some hours don't they?

Yes! My husband is home today and just said 'how long will you be doing that......half hour or so? ' .................. I think I must have giving him the real stink look - as he just backed away and said he'll make lunch in an hour or so ::1a ::1a

• Like 1

Yes! My husband is home today and just said 'how long will you be doing that......half hour or so? ' .................. I think I must have giving him the real stink look - as he just backed away and said he'll make lunch in an hour or so ::1a ::1a

I like the 'STOP ignoring 30hr funding emails' sunnyday don't they drive you mad? and I thought coolmilk was bad enough! Which reminds me I haven't done the claim update yet :-(

feel your pain louby loo, I have to start another EHCP, seems to be one after the other at the moment and boy they take some hours don't they?

Hi you two...just interested in how you have got to the point of getting an ehcp assessment. I really feel our borough is dragging its heels at the moment when it comes to SEND. It is taking us months to get SALT involved and TBH the way we get children to an assessment is through them. I'm just really frustrated and interested in what works in other counties

(sorry probably should have asked on another post!)

Hi you two...just interested in how you have got to the point of getting an ehcp assessment. I really feel our borough is dragging its heels at the moment when it comes to SEND. It is taking us months to get SALT involved and TBH the way we get children to an assessment is through them. I'm just really frustrated and interested in what works in other counties

Good to share anywhere fm - (bearded lady) ;)

I got fed up with the TDL so set about sorting out my airing cupboard instead ::1a

• Like 1

SALT- our parents can self refer to drop in centres. I've heard that it can be hit or miss as to whether you actually get seen or not due to it being a 'drop in' though.

What I have noticed just lately is that we seem to have more parents that want us to do it all for them, and we have had a couple that have to be reminded more than one to go as we cannot refer them ourselves.

Our other case this term - the parents actually attended some training via the Heath Visitor and that has started the ball rolling.

Our area has been contracted out to 'Virgin Care' and it may be early days but they do seem to be getting on with things. AND they actually seem to have the sense to ring first on appointment day to check the child is in!!

• Like 1

The last couple I've submitted I've just done because clearly no other professionals involved were going to do it, and the reason I'll be doing the next ....it's funny how you suddenly become a 'professional' in everyone else's eyes when they don't want to do them, I complete the requests, include our latest individual plan and eyfs progress, an Ed Phsyc comes in to meet (also parent) where we look at outcomes for the end of yr 2, (I never understand why their report can't just be put in the correct section of the EHCP request and forwarded to you to add in rather than send you a report that you then have to figure which bit goes where) I then ask parent to sign ( making them aware that it will be difficult to read) and then send in to county, they then ask others involved with the child to submit their reports within a 6 wk period, the theory is another 6 wks to make the decision but it's usually much longer, thankfully they've all been agreed?

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

I got fed up with the TDL so set about sorting out my airing cupboard instead ::1a

So, what you are really saying is that you used distraction techniques and never actually started your TDL Sunny??????

I, on the other hand, have met up with a friend who I haven't seen for a while and indulged in a 3 course, 3 hour lunch in a local pub. Lots of talking and not a drop of alcohol. Had a lovely catch up.

• Like 1

Nope not the case at all - I worked really hard all morning and then thought 'I've had enough now' and decided to sort out the airing cupboard instead :1b

Ok. Let you off then. I m not starting mine yet. Will be going in tomorrow to start cleaning and sorting. Thought I would have the first day of the holiday off.

• Like 1

vacuumed up stairs, 2 loads of washing out....it will be all downhill from here though as that's out of the system :-D

Arhhh...See, that the problem.. I have no stairs to hoover, and it's been chucking it down all day so haven't bothered with the usual 'first day of hols binge cleaning session' where I wash everything that is not physically attached to something solid.

I even used to swap rooms around- but my husband started making built in furniture as he was getting fed up of having to look for the sofa when he got in from work :ph34r: :lol:

• Like 6

Notify Ofsted of change to our delivery pattern (email)

Change our prospectus to reflect changes

Review + update policies

Make new:

Register

Daily check record

Fire drill record

Accident record

Existing Injury record

Prospectus for parent's waiting area

Update SEF (groan)

Accounts (groan)

Renew Insurance

September newsletter

Research Tapestry

Research setting up website (enlist help of DIL for this!)

Buy lots of new folders (yippee)

Prepare folders for new starters

Update:

Progress matters file

SEF folder

Registration Document folder

Add plans to all LJ folders

Update Progress Matters sheets for my Key Group

Make name cards for self-registration

Run 30 hour eligibility checks

Chase up the one outstanding Parental Declaration Form

Prepare Registration Packs for October starters

Work out Headcount Info for September (already aware that my 'estimate' was incorrect)

Work out pay for 4th August + email accountant

STOP ignoring emails re 30 hours delivery!

Wash - all 'soft furnishings', dressing up clothes etc etc

Deep clean setting

Maybe buy new 'carpeting' for Small World area and Book Corner (recommendations gratefully received!)

My progress so far :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

The rest of us are just working off yours sunnyday....though sef folder (don't have one) and chase parent dec form(haven't given them out, way to long for them to lose and want another) worry me :-/......but on the bright side I can rule out 'research Tapestry' :-)...oh but have to add new intake :-(

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

Have made a great start on the SEF - need to stop now - can't even spell the most simple of words - that tells me enough is enough and tomorrows another day :1b

Away from the TDL - weather has been a bit brighter and all the animals that I am caring for are still all present and correct - phew!

Did have a dodgy moment with one of the ducks - she escaped and try as I might I couldn't catch her........along came a very nice young man (a rep from one of the companies my sons deal with) - he said would you like me to catch 'it' and he did, was quite entertaining to watch and I'm not sure his smart suit will ever be quite the same again :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 4

Working on the flippin' SEF now :( not my favourite task........

Hey - where are lists from others - am I the only one mad enough to publish one :blink:

A least I was honest and said I wanted to copy peoples - so far yours has been perfect :1b ...even down to the researching tapestry and websites! :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

I do have staff rotas on mine ...and that's always a real headache

Not something I have to worry about - we are all in all of the time :1b

Have thought of some more items for my list - why does that always happen? :ph34r: :lol:

Mr S is watching 'Extreme Fishing' or something like that - am tempted to have another go at the SEF......

• Like 1

I wish sunnyday, some do a couple of days or half days, some do full time, to be honest most are very good if they end up doing a specific duty more than once a week, but one thinks everyone should cover the same duties over the week the same number of times regardless of how many hours everyone works :-(

Wet weather has stopped play so off to tackle the TDL .....

Same here!

My additions to list are -

New key-person display

A selection of various import letters/emails -( 2 done, 3 left to do)

Clear out all old paperwork and box up.

Work out how to get rid of a slide that some parent from years ago kindly dumped donated to us :angry: sort of kind- but as we actually don't have a proper outside area and we use the park we are situated in, the park keeper is not particularly happy!

• Like 2