Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

If you speak nicely to young froglet she might make you a lightweight balaclava! :P :lol:

No problem. How about me making it out of some recycled carrier bags in order to maximise waterproof potential?

Well, I have had little people to stay for a few days which was lovely (trip to a wildlife centre which had baby meerkats, toasting marshmallows over tealights to make s'mores, movie afternoon, lots of cooking together and stories).

My niece made me smile (and inspired me a little) as we were walking to the park one day when we had the following conversation:

Her: I wish I could be a god [like Te fiti in Moana] so that I could live forever.

Me: Why do you want to live forever?

Her: Because there are SO many things to see!

Apparently the other day she told her mum she wanted to live to 100 so she could spend more time with her.

This week I am trying to get back into a state of doing things. I have been really struggling recently with motivation. Not just for the good old TDL but with anything, no crafts, social stuff etc etc. Have been in a little bit of a hole and I don't like it in here any more. I miss the me that used to always be making things and doing things so this week I am going to try and make some (realistic) plans to get going again.

• Like 2

This week I am trying to get back into a state of doing things. I have been really struggling recently with motivation. Not just for the good old TDL but with anything, no crafts, social stuff etc etc. Have been in a little bit of a hole and I don't like it in here any more. I miss the me that used to always be making things and doing things so this week I am going to try and make some (realistic) plans to get going again.

Good for you - hope that you find the required 'oomph' :1b

Mr S has this week off - in my imagination we were going to do all sorts of exciting things - but then he bought himself a new 'toy' - a chainsaw........this is the second new 'toy' this year - the first was a ride on mower + trailer.......

Currently he is busy cutting up a fallen tree and transporting logs back to our woodstore in his trailer - oh well - it is making him happy and it will make me happy when the fruits of his labour are keeping me warm throughout the winter ::1a

So I am having a 'catch up' this morning with admin tasks - not really pre-school TDL - just the domestic stuff........plan to spend the afternoon pottering about the garden :1b

Think we may have a trip to Canterbury tomorrow - that always involves a visit to Prezzo for lunch - yum :1b

• Like 2

Good for you - hope that you find the required 'oomph' :1b

Mr S has this week off - in my imagination we were going to do all sorts of exciting things - but then he bought himself a new 'toy' - a chainsaw........this is the second new 'toy' this year - the first was a ride on mower + trailer.......

Thank you - I'm hoping I can find some oomph too!

My brother-in-law qualified as a tree-surgeon several years ago and after being made redundant 8 years ago set up his own business. Consequently he has a whole range of chainsaws for different types of work. It wasn't long before both my Dad and my brother decided they really couldn't manage without their own chainsaws too!

• Like 2

Oh no... I know the feeling :(

Perhaps we need a 'motivation' thread. I have a big list of fun type things I want to do- but can't seem to find the motivation to actually get started.

I blame the weather! It seems grey and miserable...which makes you think of long evenings all hunkered down to make things ...., but when you try and get going with things its actually really warm and you start to get all hot and bothered!! :wacko: :mellow:

• Like 2

Thank you - I'm hoping I can find some oomph too!

My brother-in-law qualified as a tree-surgeon several years ago and after being made redundant 8 years ago set up his own business. Consequently he has a whole range of chainsaws for different types of work. It wasn't long before both my Dad and my brother decided they really couldn't manage without their own chainsaws too!

Mr S is now making me very nervous - he is getting to the end of his sawing up of the fallen tree and is now eyeing up what he might like to cut down :o

• Like 2

Perhaps we need a 'motivation' thread. I have a big list of fun type things I want to do- but can't seem to find the motivation to actually get started.

Desperately trying to thinks of words to motivate you :blink:

Will keep thinking! ::1a

• Like 1

Oh no... I know the feeling :(

I just seem to find myself getting to the end of each day and heading for bed and I'm not really sure what I've achieved. I'm not even reading as much as usual. Still today I have done a few overdue admin jobs (mine not school) and will hopefully keep going.

I desperately need motivating! So come all of you help out.

By the way just incase of you know my keyboard has gone funny instead of @ I am getting a " and I can't find a pound sign at all.

Have checked google they have suggested changing languages but this has not helped. Anyone else had this problem?

I desperately need motivating! So come all of you help out.

By the way just incase of you know my keyboard has gone funny instead of @ I am getting a " and I can't find a pound sign at all.

Have checked google they have suggested changing languages but this has not helped. Anyone else had this problem?

I've had this happen - most annoying. It was on my husbands laptop though. In the end I just stuck a post it on with the 'swaps'. I think it was using the US English?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So.........not only is it Friday but it's September - how on earth did that happen? :wacko:

Hope the summer has been kind to everyone - actually it is still summer in my view - weather forecasters, however have been announcing that today is the start of the 'meteorological autumn'........

When is everyone back to work? It's Tuesday for me :1b have to admit that I am looking forward to it :1b

• Like 3

My summer has been odd; very quiet, lots of reflection. I'm not sure that it's got me anywhere very far but I'm hoping. Today I have been doing a little sorting out in my living room - putting some of my collections of memories in nice boxes, finding a few books to donate. It struck me (as it has before) that people say such lovely things when you are leaving a job or their children are leaving your class. I vowed a long time ago to try to make sure that I said those lovely things to people during the time I knew them instead of at the end of it. Today has been a good reminder to do that.

This afternoon I am going to go for a walk (maybe after tea) and work on some governor 'stuff' as well as writing down a few of my resolutions for the school year ahead. I am planning a 'normal' working weekend - TDL tomorrow morning, housework, shopping etc in the afternoon.

I go back to school on Tuesday and the children arrive on Wednesday but I'm planning to behave as if Monday is a working day too and do school work then. It's a change of pattern from my usual summer holiday routine but I think it needed to happen.

• Like 2

::1a ::1a ::1a mine clearing out the car, which, sadly stores our outside resources in the boot! Very neat now and ready to go! Also an e mail to Mrs. O about "records" going home over night.

PLUS - you know who is away at the moment!

Will be interesting to hear Mrs 'O's reply panders.

This is a section of my email - replying to theirs asking for information regarding how and why records need to go home.

Our pre-school operates as a term time only pack away, open for only 15 hours per week. We do not have access to the Internet at the hall and so our learning journeys are hand written. In order to maintain up to date records and keep ratios we need for children, we would like to be able to take home records. These can easily be kept confidential as no identifying logos or children's photographs will be going home. We propose an overnight stay at staff home and return the next day.

All staff are DBS checked and are required to complete a confidentiality clause annually in their contracts, this amongst other things requires that staff do not discuss children or leave paperwork accessible. Staff team is mature, Level 3 qualified,and been together for some time and are fully understanding of the need for confidentiality. All staff live locally and in the event of sickness or leaving the job I feel retrieving records does not present a problem; and we must remember that only a small amount of information will be going home at any one time. The main learning journey will remain at the setting.

The records will be transported by private car and stored overnight in lockable files.

Their reply:
I confirm that you may keep records off the premises for the circumstances as stated in your email dated 30 August 2017.

Please note that as stated on 3.68 - 3.70 of the EYFS framework:-

*records must be easily accessible and available for inspection by Ofsted

*confidential information and records about staff and children must be held securely and only accessible and available to those who have a right or professional need to see them

*be aware of your responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000

*records relating to individual children must be retained for a reasonable period of time after they have left the provision

• Like 3

Thanks panders, so do I ask or if asked (and wasn't at last inspection) tell them we have regard for 3.68-3.70.

The 'reasonable' time to retain records is pretty grey isn't it .....my reasonable and theirs might be two very different things, a bit like junk mail, my reasonable is letter box to recycle bin in less than 6 seconds, I go to my parents and they've accumulated 6 months worth in case :-/

• Like 1

Thanks panders, so do I ask or if asked (and wasn't at last inspection) tell them we have regard for 3.68-3.70.

I suppose you would - (a) it would show that you understand that that clause exists ::1a and (b) your practice and policy would prove it ::1a

• Like 2

Amazing week here, it seems very quiet after losing 14 to big school but lovely to be able to focus on the younger children and not be interrupted all the time! One new starter who has had no tears and is really happy and confident. Happy children, happy staff, long may it continue.

• Like 2

AHHH Frida.....

hubby home and cooking dinner ;)

returning children all fine ...like louby loo no new starters till next week .!

however have done LOTS of showrounds and had our rent review meeting today :o parents meeting last night (for newbies) and after school club has started again..so all in all ok but exhausting (can't fit in my own ironing let alone anyone else's!!!)

• Like 3

Goodness - it is Friday again - how did that happen? :blink:

We have had a brilliant week - all newbies have 'found their feet' - excellent :1b

I'm in for a busy weekend with all three of my granddaughters arriving early afternoon tomorrow and staying overnight - should be fun! :1b

Wishing you all the best of weekends :1b

• Like 2

We had lunch for our leavers today. They virtually all start staying for lunch at school next week, so we had to get it done quickly. They are so grown up in their uniforms, but they came together again quickly, 5 went off to one school and 3 to 3 other schools. The noise after lunch was occasionally earsplitting - all the parents stayed. I enjoy it and know it is going to be bonkers at the same time, but wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 2

Busy and happy week for us as well. Two new children came to look around today which is great as we need a numbers boost and they are both new to the village so we were unaware of them. We are beginning forest school session again next week after a couple of years break, so looking forward to that. Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 3

Well here we go again........it's Friday! :1b

Overall a really good week, but several poorly children so we have been 'quiet'

Favourite activity this week was our walk to find conkers - unbelievably we found 191 - these are now in our tuff spot along with tools and bowls :1b

Looking forward to lunch with friends tomorrow :1b

Have a good weekend all :1b

Well here we go again........it's Friday! :1b

Overall a really good week, but several poorly children so we have been 'quiet'

Favourite activity this week was our walk to find conkers - unbelievably we found 191 - these are now in our tuff spot along with tools and bowls :1b

Looking forward to lunch with friends tomorrow :1b

Have a good weekend all :1b

Sunnyday I have complete Conker envy! We have no conked trees near us.