Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

As for myself, I said to a member of staff today ...I feel that i'm on a set of hills....one day success and the next ...well!! Mondays are awful and by Friday I've got them sorted ...then back to square one Monday again:| So they're not really embedding anything. OOSC getting busy though so that's good :)

Well it felt like a Friday today.  We had the dreaded phone call Tuesday lunchtime.  Panic arrived.  The inspector arrived on Wednesday and it was a really positive day.  It was all about the children and how they benefited from everything we did.  Lots of talking and justification rather than reading through reams  of paper. We are happy with our grading and it's exactly as we predicted.  Stressful but very useful day.  

• Like 7

And here we are yet again, how the weeks are flying by.  Well decorations went up yesterday at school and Eric the elf is arriving on Monday!  Little bit of work to do today then off to a Christmas market tomorrow and a football free Sunday!  So will actually be able to cook roast for everyone.  And husband coming home today after working away for the last three weeks and hopefully will not have to go away again for a while?. Hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 1

Another week gone - unbelievable!

Our only 'nod' to Christmas so far - children made a post-box this morning - they will be able to post cards for their friends:) my deputy led this activity - I silently noted that was no use of glitter involved - she was being really earnest about this a couple of weeks ago - I'm still undecided........

Lost a staff member this morning at 10am - she was sick:( poor thing - good job we always work over-ratio......... 

Quiet weekend in store here - Mr S is not well - this is a double whammy because he is scheduled for a hospital stay this coming week - will have to try and get him fit and healthy for that, he is meant to be having a procedure early Wednesday morning - lets hope the anti-biotocs and steroids work their magic......

Have a lovely weekend all:)

Visit to a local church’ Christmas tree festival today. Ours looked the best! ;) tomorrow I’m at a Christmas treasure hunt followed by a hog roast. I’m hoping to wrap my classroom door next week. Other than that trying to catch up on some seriously overdue marking! 

Zigzag enjoy your glitter. Sunnyday hope Mr S recovers soon.

• Like 1

Get better soon Mr S , your wife's got babysitting to do!:D

Have our nativity on Tuesday...got about 4 children who should steal the show if I get them on stage!

Just organising a bear hunt for the end of term...bear arrived today and the snow machine is nearly sorted:o^_^:) !!

now just need to wrap a few presents for FC to give out and my reports to do too...ah relaxing weekend then^_^

• Like 3

So here we are again..........

Not a very good week for me - so pleased to see the back of it really

Mr S is still unwell - I won't bore you with the details - but, in short, we trekked up to London on Tuesday for his hospital admission - they admitted him and discharged him all within 30 minutes - he was just too poorly for the procedure:(

Today I have attended the funeral of a dear friend, my youngest son's Godfather - Mr S too poorly too attend but I was proud to stand with my wonderful sons.......

Onwards and upwards - hope the weekend is kind to you all:)

15 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Mr S is still unwell - I won't bore you with the details - but, in short, we trekked up to London on Tuesday for his hospital admission - they admitted him and discharged him all within 30 minutes - he was just too poorly for the procedure:(

Today I have attended the funeral of a dear friend, my youngest son's Godfather - Mr S too poorly too attend but I was proud to stand with my wonderful sons.......

I'm sorry to hear of your week, tough times. Big FSF hugs xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Ahh Sunnyday, sorry to hear that Mr S is still unwell, must have been horrible psyching up for the hospital procedure only to have it cancelled.  Hope he gets better quickly and can then have it done.

I hope the weekend is kind to you and you are able to enjoy some of it. Xx

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Image result for poop emoji

• Like 1

So here we are again - it's Friday!

Pleased to report that I have had a much, much better week - Mr S is 'on the mend' - now all he has to do is keep well for his new hospital date 30th January

Lots of Christmassy fun at preschool this week - no glitter though:o deputy is taking this all very seriously and I am just letting her have her way with it - let's hope we have saved a whale:)

Looking forward to looking after that gorgeous baby boy tomorrow when his mum and dad take his sister to the Panto:)

Have a lovely weekend everyone:)

• Like 3

Newborn baby sitting is there anything better?   Think we saved three quarters of a whale this year - easy Peasy as there aren't that many of us!  Christmas songs for the families today They only ran through the whole thing for the first time yesterday, having done bits and bobs in the last 10 days, some only attend 2 mornings anyway - they really did well and were so funny parents loved it I think - but we see it as a whole, whereas they concentrate on "the one".  

Have a good weekend all

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Goodness - struggled to find this thread - but I rather like our Friday updates:)

So here we are it's Friday again - not a bad week - one of my 'newbies' is proving slow to settle - the other three have taken to it like 'ducks to water'!

Mr S is still not very well - so his next chance for his procedure 30th Jan has already been cancelled - he needs to be at least six weeks free of infection before they will consider operating - sadly he is still battling this lung infection - but at last they have identified which particular bacteria is at the root of this which hopefully means that his current 14 day course of anti-biotics might be the right ones - fingers crossed:)

No exciting plans for the weekend for me - have some paperwork to do tomorrow morning - not pre-school stuff for a change.......

Hope the weekend is kind to all:)

Hello - yes I'm finding it tricky to find some older posts, but put it down to me .   Sorry Mr S is still on the poorly list - let's hope the a/b's are just the ticket.

our newbie has been proving a real hit with the adults - quite the little helper and happy to have a go at most things, certainly his starting point record is going to be good.

i shall be continuing with my audits this weekend?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Panders said:

Hello - yes I'm finding it tricky to find some older posts, but put it down to me .   Sorry Mr S is still on the poorly list - let's hope the a/b's are just the ticket.

our newbie has been proving a real hit with the adults - quite the little helper and happy to have a go at most things, certainly his starting point record is going to be good.

i shall be continuing with my audits this weekend?

I think perhaps I should find myself a copy of that audit so that I am well prepared

Sorry Mr S is still poorly. Overall good first week. My new little one has settled like she’s always been there. A few issues but it’s the weekend. I’ve lots of governor stuff to do but mostly and trying to spend the weekend staying on top of the basics! Can’t go under only one week into the term!

• Like 1