Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Such lovely news Zizag, what a relief!

I have had a huge therapeutic sort out of a very messy cupboard at school - have save loads of money because I discovered resources we need but I didn't know we had and was going to order!

Lots of rain here yesterday too but thankfully not until after the school day ended. I have no special plans for the long weekend. Well, I do but everytime I say on here what they are they don't happen and I feel like a complete fake! I'm going to keep it secret and tell you after...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi all, a lot of catching up here but hope everyone is doing well, great news zigzag ….and breath 👍

Can’t believe it will soon be half term, so much to do and so little time to do it, does anyone have a cloning machine? read a quote this week that said “I’m not cash poor but I am time poor” and that’s exactly it!

Maybe it’s time to give up and get a dog too 🐶 though I can’t say all the people walking past my house swinging their poo bags does much for me 🤪 

Enjoy the long weekend, looks like the mist is clearing to a sunny day here ☀️ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 03/05/2024 at 21:56, zigzag said:

I slept like a baby last night! 

Such wonderful news - sleep like a baby every night now 😊

On 03/05/2024 at 23:04, Cait said:

Strangely it’s a bit odd for me.  I was at the funeral of a good friend last Friday, and it feels like a month has passed since then, not just a week.  Isn’t our perception of time bizarre? 

Yes, exactly that!  It is so strange.

On 04/05/2024 at 09:18, Froglet said:

Well, I do but everytime I say on here what they are they don't happen and I feel like a complete fake! I'm going to keep it secret and tell you after...

Hope it goes well !

On 04/05/2024 at 09:24, Mouseketeer said:

Maybe it’s time to give up and get a dog too 🐶 though I can’t say all the people walking past my house swinging their poo bags does much for me 🤪

Around here many just seem to hang the bags in bushes waiting for the poo fairy to collect!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

So I actually went for a walk in some bluebell woods! It was beautiful 

Am laughing to myself though - as I was leaving I met the parents of one of my oldest friends (we were at playgroup together) - the very first thing she said to me was ‘Goodness, you’ve aged! Are you 50 yet?’

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

On 05/05/2024 at 13:27, Froglet said:

So I actually went for a walk in some bluebell woods! It was beautiful 

Am laughing to myself though - as I was leaving I met the parents of one of my oldest friends (we were at playgroup together) - the very first thing she said to me was ‘Goodness, you’ve aged! Are you 50 yet?’

How very rude 

• Haha 2

I went for a blubell walk in our local woodland burial grounds with my friend - someone asked if we were 'picking our plots too' 😳.... to be fair they were around the same age as us though😂  

• Haha 2

On 05/05/2024 at 14:56, sunnyday said:

How very rude 

I mean technical she was right - probably about 20 years since I saw her and her daughter was in my school year so she’ll know my age but probably not the greeting I’d have chosen!

Progress on my weekend TDL - I have done some more on the baby blanket I’m making and had a nap!

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 18:49, zigzag said:

The valley behind my house is just stunning with bluebells and the fresh new beech trees. Its so magical but my camera will not do it justice.

We have the most beautiful ancient woodland here in our little village - the bluebells are spectacular.

In other news - we were treated by youngest son to a pub lunch today!

• Like 3

On 05/05/2024 at 16:01, louby loo said:

I went for a blubell walk in our local woodland burial grounds with my friend - someone asked if we were 'picking our plots too' 😳.... to be fair they were around the same age as us though😂  

Oh my life 😲

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2024 at 16:01, louby loo said:

I’m sure some people just don’t think before they open their mouths!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/05/2024 at 21:56, zigzag said:

Been beautiful here today, sadly it all going to go tits up at the weekend!  I had some brilliant news yesterday, after a couple of weeks of worry I had an ultrasound scan and got an all clear after having elevated levels of ovarian cancer show up on a blood test. I’m so very relieved and it’s like a lead weight has been lifted. I slept like a baby last night! 
Hope everyone is well and has a lovely weekend. Xx

So thrilled to hear this news. Those two weeks must have felt like forever. 

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Not just any old Friday - today is Cait's birthday - happy birthday lovely lady xxx

Hope that everyone is okay?

Enjoying some lovely weather here!

Have a lovely weekend x

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Happy birthday Cait. Hope you have had a lovey day.  Good Job we have Sunnyday to remind us when all the birthdays are, thank you lovely lady.

Loads of gardening the last couple of days making the most of the stunning weather.  I have to say but my arms and face are going a very nice colour, always feel so much better with a bit of a glow! 
Hope everyone has had a good week and all have a great weekend.

• Like 2

Oh happy birthday Cait! Hope you’re doing something lovely!

I had a parent bring her child an ice lolly at pick up and she’d also brought one for me too.

Plus I had a yarn delivery arrive! What more could I want from a day?image.thumb.jpg.117968a70b30abaaf99dce0d7e888201.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Thanks all.  We had a very low key day as Zebedee really wasn’t up to anything.  A visit from our daughter and daughter in law absolutely wore him out.   Still waiting to hear about his next phosphate infusion which was deemed urgent when the GP requested it on 24th April! 😩😩😢

On 11/05/2024 at 09:28, Cait said:

Thanks all.  We had a very low key day as Zebedee really wasn’t up to anything.  A visit from our daughter and daughter in law absolutely wore him out.   Still waiting to hear about his next phosphate infusion which was deemed urgent when the GP requested it on 24th April! 😩😩😢

Sorry to hear that Cait. Hope it gets sorted soon.

• Love 1

Thinking of you both and sending much love your way xxx

• Love 1

On 10/05/2024 at 16:27, finleysmaid said:

Ahh have an Amazing Birthday Cait ...21 again? xxxx

Haha, you know it! 🤣🤣🤭

Thinking of you both and sending lots of love.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2024 at 16:55, zigzag said:

IMG_1896.jpegt

You and me both. Part of me wants to try to see it tonight but it hasn't been the most productive of days (I accidentally made some white chocolate chip cookies instead of an English plan), I'm shattered and will probably fall asleep early. Plus I live in the middle of a town...

Edited by Froglet
  • Confused 1

Afternoon. I sort of missed last weeks check-in as the weeks are going TOO fast!

It's a bit sunny here at the moment, however, I am actually laying on the sofa trying to recover from a morning out shopping with the two GC. I need to lay in a darkend room for another few hours I think!  (even my purse is worn out!)

Hope the fundraising goes well Sunnyday.

Have a good weekend eveyone xx

• Like 1

On 17/05/2024 at 08:44, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

How is everyone?

Send me some strength and good weather vibes for the weekend please - big two day fundraiser for Cancer research - I will be there in my pinny serving coffee and cakes!

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

Hope the fundraising goes well!

I’m shattered - 1 week to go until half term. I normally try to work Saturday and take Sunday off but given that I’m lying on the sofa still in pjs and barely awake I think so might need to do it the other way round this week!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

One day down and one to go - we were super busy so hopefully lots of monies raised - my feet are killing me but aside from that it was a fun day - Mr S has just volunteered to get fish and chips for tea - excellent idea!

• Love 1