Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 09/03/2024 at 09:29, Froglet said:

I have a question for you! I was given some money for my birthday and Christmas which I haven't spent yet. This company release these 'Women who made history' doll patterns for just two weeks of each year to celebrate International Women's day. I'm quite tempted by one. Which would you go for?

https://www.toftuk.com/home.aspx

They are all fabulous but I particularly like Amelia Earhart and Emmaline Pankhurst.

• Like 2

On 09/03/2024 at 11:18, zigzag said:

They are all fabulous but I particularly like Amelia Earhart and Emmaline Pankhurst.

How funny - we are a great help to you young Froglet - we have chosen differently 🤣

Do tell us, please, which one you go for and of course we will need a photo of the finished article!

• Like 2

On 09/03/2024 at 11:58, sunnyday said:

How funny - we are a great help to you young Froglet - we have chosen differently 🤣

Do tell us, please, which one you go for and of course we will need a photo of the finished article!

I asked a few other friends too - they've all chosen differently as well! I like them all for different reasons. I have always admired Rosa's quiet dignity (and I love her hair in the pattern). Marie and Beatrix are personal favourites but I'm less keen on the dolls. I love the Harriet Tubman doll but don't really know much about her. Emmeline because well - she just needs to be remembered, Amelia Earhart because she has a very cool costume with some great stitches in it but then so does Nina Simone. Wangari Maathai is a really impressive woman (we sang a song about her in my old choir) and her costume is so colourful.

In a way I'd like all of them but the subscription would just be overwhelming, I still have a Santa from about 3/4 years ago to finish. Maybe I should make Easter my holiday of finishing things rather than starting and buying new projects!!

• Like 1

On 09/03/2024 at 13:47, Froglet said:

I asked a few other friends too - they've all chosen differently as well! I like them all for different reasons. I have always admired Rosa's quiet dignity (and I love her hair in the pattern). Marie and Beatrix are personal favourites but I'm less keen on the dolls. I love the Harriet Tubman doll but don't really know much about her. Emmeline because well - she just needs to be remembered, Amelia Earhart because she has a very cool costume with some great stitches in it but then so does Nina Simone. Wangari Maathai is a really impressive woman (we sang a song about her in my old choir) and her costume is so colourful.

In a way I'd like all of them but the subscription would just be overwhelming, I still have a Santa from about 3/4 years ago to finish. Maybe I should make Easter my holiday of finishing things rather than starting and buying new projects!!

You are going to have to update us on your choice!

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

How is everyone?

Off to explore Hobbycraft in a bit - whoop! 

In other news I am in danger of developing webbed feet any day now...

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

A quiet week again here, now got the GD for her sleepover. No arts and crafts yet.... but she has got the toot-toot village out and I'm not sure which is worse!😂

Only got two more weeks (well 1 week, 4 days!) before the end of term 🙀.... more than half way through the year now!

Didn't we have a nice Wednesday this week- not a drop of rain all day!!!!!!!!!!!😂

• Like 2

On 15/03/2024 at 15:54, louby loo said:

Hobbycraft 🙀  I went there the other weekto spend a £5 birthday voucher (from thenm)..... and came out £45 lighter!!!!

🤣 it's one of those shops isn't it - I was fairly well controlled spending just £16.00 wool for me and some sketching stuff for Mr S

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 16:37, louby loo said:

A quiet week again here, now got the GD for her sleepover. No arts and crafts yet.... but she has got the toot-toot village out and I'm not sure which is worse!😂

Only got two more weeks (well 1 week, 4 days!) before the end of term 🙀.... more than half way through the year now!

Didn't we have a nice Wednesday this week- not a drop of rain all day!!!!!!!!!!!😂

Give me arts and crafts over anything that makes noise!

End of term well in sight now louby.

Wednesday was still wet but yesterday was good here - this rain, rain, rain and more rain is really getting boring now

We had some great activities at school this week and I finally finished my new reading area. I’m a bit poorly though - cold + asthma isn’t provi mg a great combination! Hence just planning a quiet weekend.

I do need to think of a birthday present for my 15 year old nephew - have no ideas at all!

• Love 1

Hope you feel better soon froglet, take it easy.  So sick of rain and mud, there seems no end to it, the ground here literally cannot take anymore!  Brighter days are coming (I hope)

Found out today that my brother has been diagnosed with prostate cancer this week. Sounds like they have caught it early, he starts radiotherapy next month and seems very positive.  So we will keep everything crossed for him.

No major plans here this weekend, more mud wading and dog washing! Have a good weekend all.

• Like 2

On 15/03/2024 at 19:46, Froglet said:

We had some great activities at school this week and I finally finished my new reading area. I’m a bit poorly though - cold + asthma isn’t provi mg a great combination! Hence just planning a quiet weekend.

I do need to think of a birthday present for my 15 year old nephew - have no ideas at all!

Hope that you can get a rest this weekend and that you soon start to feel better x

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 20:43, zigzag said:

Found out today that my brother has been diagnosed with prostate cancer this week. Sounds like they have caught it early, he starts radiotherapy next month and seems very positive.  So we will keep everything crossed for him.

Wishing nothing but the best for your brother x

• Like 1

On 17/03/2024 at 08:29, sunnyday said:

Would have been Pander's birthday today - still keep expecting her to pop up to talk with us - I will raise a glass to her later ❤️

That's a lovely thing to do - I will do the same.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2024 at 08:29, sunnyday said:

Would have been Pander's birthday today - still keep expecting her to pop up to talk with us - I will raise a glass to her later ❤️

Yes, I thought that this morning.   Still can’t quite believe it 😢

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 20:43, zigzag said:

Hope you feel better soon froglet, take it easy.  So sick of rain and mud, there seems no end to it, the ground here literally cannot take anymore!  Brighter days are coming (I hope)

No major plans here this weekend, more mud wading and dog washing! Have a good weekend all.

I’m glad they caught it early.  My husband hasn’t been so lucky as he started with it at the start of lockdown and didn’t get to see a GP until too late.  It’s 3 years this week since his diagnosis.   

• Love 3

On 17/03/2024 at 18:32, Cait said:

I’m glad they caught it early.  My husband hasn’t been so lucky as he started with it at the start of lockdown and didn’t get to see a GP until too late.  It’s 3 years this week since his diagnosis.   

❤️❤️❤️

On 17/03/2024 at 18:32, Cait said:

My brothers Dad had it and sadly passed away in December so this made my brother request a test. Thank goodness he did.  Cait I’m so sorry that your husband wasn’t able to catch it earlier. Xx

• Love 1

On 18/03/2024 at 16:07, louby loo said:

My thoughts are with zigzag and cait.

So much bad news around at the moment. We too have a diagnosis for cancer in a family member this week. Hopefully found early but we have to wait and see.

Everything crossed louby x

• Love 1

On 18/03/2024 at 16:07, louby loo said:

My thoughts are with zigzag and cait.

So much bad news around at the moment. We too have a diagnosis for cancer in a family member this week. Hopefully found early but we have to wait and see.

Fingers crossed Louby. Xx

• Love 1

Shhhhh - we might have had a couple of days without rain 🌨️

Hope everyone is okay?

We are going to see youngest granddaughter in her theatre school production on Sunday - not quite sure what it is - sounds like a bit of a 'mash up' (think that's the right expression 🤷‍♀️) anyway, really looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 22/03/2024 at 09:30, sunnyday said:

Shhhhh - we might have had a couple of days without rain 🌨️

Hope everyone is okay?

We are going to see youngest granddaughter in her theatre school production on Sunday - not quite sure what it is - sounds like a bit of a 'mash up' (think that's the right expression 🤷‍♀️) anyway, really looking forward to it.

Enjoy the show!

How is your sister now?

Another quiet week again here.  Just back from nice pub lunch, and now ready for a lazy weekend! Although sunnyday has managed to remind me I do have a few sewing jobs to do for the local dance show 😂

Hope everyone has a good weekend.xx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for asking about my sister louby - all terribly sad really - she is back living at home which is good, but is so disabled now that she needs carers which she finds very difficult to accept...who would ever have thought that a knee replacement op could go so horribly wrong.

• Sad 1

On 22/03/2024 at 15:49, sunnyday said:

Thanks for asking about my sister louby - all terribly sad really - she is back living at home which is good, but is so disabled now that she needs carers which she finds very difficult to accept...who would ever have thought that a knee replacement op could go so horribly wrong.

Oh that is sad. :(