Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 29/12/2023 at 19:27, sunnyday said:

Sounds like a lovely Christmas young Froglet!

We did a bit of game playing too - I really enjoyed 'magnet chess' - a misnomer as it has absolutely nothing to do with chess - lots of fun and can be played by all ages.

I'm wondering what your 'mystery dinner' turned out to be 🤣

Good to hear everyone is having a good Xmas period 😊 

Loved the magnet chess too, bought for a 7 yr old but the 2 yr old, obviously totally missing the point thought it was hilarious when the stones jumped together ….I was a little sorry they took it home 🤣 

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2024 🥂 

• Like 3

So lovely to hear that everyone has had a lovely Christmas. We had a lovely evening in my son’s new house on Christmas Eve with food and games. Christmas Day and Boxing Day spent here doing the same! The three days were lovely but have to admit I came home from work on Thursday and took the tree and few decorations down as had enough of them! Getting together at my sons again tomorrow night with his girlfriends family so should be more lively than our usual pyjamas on the sofa new years!

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year. Xx

Sunnyday top marks for knowing the day by the way! Im fed up telling my husband and Mother what day it is!

• Like 4

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone?

Hope the new term has got off to a good start?

I want to moan about the rain - but I shall contain myself - I do hope that no-one is affected by the terrible floods.

Nothing much to report on Mr S - he is expecting a video call with surgeon midday today - he has written a list of questions (knew that I would one day get him round to list making!)

We have a 'bit of a do' to look forward to on Sunday - eldest granddaughter's birthday!

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

Morning, everyone

Stressfull start ot the day, my daughter woke up to find her car had been stolen overnight! 😬  

I went in to work yesterday we had an inset day - but I only stayed a couple of hours, and then just left the staff to get on with whatever needed doing (I didnt even leave a list!!!)

So far I'm not really liking 2024! 

• Sad 1

On 05/01/2024 at 15:59, louby loo said:

Morning, everyone

Stressfull start ot the day, my daughter woke up to find her car had been stolen overnight! 😬  

Oh louby I am so sorry, what an awful thing to happen

• Love 1

On 05/01/2024 at 15:59, louby loo said:

Morning, everyone

I went in to work yesterday we had an inset day - but I only stayed a couple of hours, and then just left the staff to get on with whatever needed doing (I didnt even leave a list!!!)

So far I'm not really liking 2024! 

Oh so sorry what a terrible start to 2024. I had a car stolen from a car park years ago. It was a case of shock, disbelief, anger and lots of othe emotions. I spent ages and ages walking round the car park even though i was sure where i had parked - stood there staring at the empty space. It was found a week later with damage to the ignitiion but i didn't want it back!

Hope your daughter is ok

• Love 1

On 05/01/2024 at 23:11, Gezabel said:

Oh so sorry what a terrible start to 2024. I had a car stolen from a car park years ago. It was a case of shock, disbelief, anger and lots of othe emotions. I spent ages and ages walking round the car park even though i was sure where i had parked - stood there staring at the empty space. It was found a week later with damage to the ignitiion but i didn't want it back!

Hope your daughter is ok

She been throught the full range of emotions - she's more upset about a couple of teddies and a small 'pouch bag' I made her for quick nappy changes! Luckily the granddaugher has a wide range of favourites this one was a reindeer-  so that can conveniently 'disappear' with the Christmas decorations for now giving plenty of time to find a new one, and as for the pouch I pointed out I could make a new in in 30mins!

• Like 4

Goodness - can't say Good morning - the morning has been and gone!

So...hello - 'tis Friday

Bit quiet around here - is everyone okay?

All good here - Mr S is making great progress - he is so lucky to have been given this opportunity/second chance thanks to the great skill and care from the surgical team at RBH (I will take credit for my outstanding home nursing skills too 🤣)

We have Sunday lunch at eldest son's house to look forward to this weekend.

Bit on the chilly side isn't it - wondering if we will get snow this coming week - forecasters don't seem to be able to say for sure yet so we will wait and see - much as I don't 'do' cold I do prefer it to that relentless rain!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

Afternoon sunnyday

I cannot believe it is Friday again!!! Where the flippin' heck do the weeks go 😵

Chilly here in Sussex 6* feels like 2* but this is warmer than it was at the beginning of the week and the sleet/hail and snow of Monday this week.  I was supposed to be playing golf on Sunday but I have wimped out as the forecast for Sunday is -2* when I am supposed to tee off....that is no fun so I have arranged to go and meet those girls mad enough to play for coffee and cake afterwards....far more sensible in my opinion lol

Chilly dog walk scheduled for tomorrow but wrapped up and with my audiobook in my ear I am quite looking forward to my morning stomp.  I am currently listening to Dead Lions by Mick Herron (it is the 2nd book in his Slow Horses series).  I am really enjoing this series and I understand that the TV series on Apple TV based on these books is excellent but I refuse to pay for another streaming service, apart from the cost I do not have enough hours in the day to watch it all 😆

I am so pleased to hear Mr S is making such good progress - never underestimate the power of good love and care, he's lucky to have you ❤️

Enjoy your Sunday lunch out and keep warm,

Sue x

• Like 2

Well the week's certainly are flying past!🙀

Not much excitment here this week.

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend either, although I do have the granddaughter for a sleepover tomight - so having a 'fun' 😂 afternoon of crafting planned (by her not me!)

Good to hear Mr S continues to improve (obviously due to your nursing skills) and Sue - coffee and cake is soooooooo much better than golf!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Sunnyday, so pleased to hear Mr S is doing well. If ever I'm in need I will definitely call on you to nurse me! Enjoy your Sunday lunch! 

Sue - I love that bright chilly weather, the only problem at the moment is that the gas fire in my front room is not working - doesn't make for a cosy warm up evening after being out!

Louby - I'm dying to see your crafting!!

It's been the usual busy weeks at school for me - 7 days back already!! One of my 'want to do' resolutions this year is to try to regain my school free day at the weekend. I used to be able to do it and it makes such a difference to the week if I can. Last weekend it worked because I'd got a ticket to go and see The Box of Delights at the RSC in Stratford on Sunday. It was lovely, brilliantly staged and acted but also brought back many happy childhood memories and the travel time needed meant that I could only whizz through some of my must do housework before leaving.

This weekend, my Sunday plan is a pootle round Calke Abbey at some point and making marmalade. My veg box had some Seville oranges so that's what I'm going to do with them. My sister thinks I should watch Paddington 2 and dress up in accidentally dyed pink prison garb before making it just to get in the true spirit of things!

I'm also 'doing' the Murdle book - I got it for my sister for Christmas, bought online and accidentally ordered 2 so I kept one for me. I love logic puzzles but am currently VERY stuck!

• Like 1

Hi Sue, louby and young Froglet

Sue - coffee and cake sounds very sensible to me - enjoy!

louby - what did your lovely granddaughter have planned for your craft afternoon? Hope you really did have fun!

Young Froglet - I googled 'Murdle book' - looks good - I really should attempt to 'wake up' my sleepy retirement brain with something like that! 

On 13/01/2024 at 10:42, sunnyday said:

Young Froglet - I googled 'Murdle book' - looks good - I really should attempt to 'wake up' my sleepy retirement brain with something like that! 

Well, I'd recommend it although I've just got to the next stage up section and I'm finding it much harder! I've always loved logic puzzles.

I've had a change of plan. I was going to work hard today and take tomorrow off. Part of my work plan was to pop back to school this afternoon to do some of the jobs I can only do there. I woke up at about 4.30am today and have been dopey since about 11.00. It was a real struggle to keep going. I told myself I'd feel better after lunch and I did but was still sleepy. As I was driving to school I just decided to turn around and come home! My brain is mushy, if I try to push myself to work today I actually think it will take way longer than it should so I'm going to take the rest of the day off, get an early night and work tomorrow morning but not in the afternoon. 

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do this afternoon - probably mindless TV and maybe a little knitting but also probably quite a lot of dozing! I'm trying not to feel bad about it - I will have to work tomorrow but hopefully it should be quicker.

• Like 2

Glad to hear everyone is ok, especially Mr S, that is great news Sunnyday.

We have had my son’s 11 month old dog for the last week and a half and have another week to go! She is gorgeous and so good but my goodness you forget how much energy a puppy has. My dog has been very tolerant but I think she cannot wait for some peace!  I have walked my legs off this week just to stay on top of her energy! 
It’s been so bitterly cold down here, which we are not used to but am loving the dry weather. My sons been in Scotland, in the Cairngorms and they have had cold but beautiful sunny weather. Think they may be having snow this week.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Xx

• Like 3

Hi All

that’s week one down….roll on half term or at least a snow day (though not looking likely here)  😜

good to read about the positives of the week and sorry for the lows, hope your daughter at least got her things back louby 🤞

• Like 2

On 14/01/2024 at 18:51, Froglet said:

Well, I didn’t get my walk in, nor have I quite finished the schoolwork but I did make marmalade, a loaf of bread and some butter! I feel very domesticated!

83353229-9934-408E-9F86-64B00CEBA6B4.jpeg

I hope you made good use of your buttermilk! 

In the words of Sunnyday ‘Tis Friday again’ my last day of doggy sitting today as hopefully my son will get home tomorrow! They did start their journey a day early as it was snowing quite heavily in the highlands and a lot more was forecast overnight. So they made the sensible decision to move to lower ground last night. Going to make the most of our dry weer today as it looks like the wind and rain are returning from tomorrow!

out on Sunday for a celebration lunch as my son got engaged whilst in Scotland! Still can’t quite believe it! My baby boy!  But so happy for them both and couldn’t wish for a nicer girl to join or family.

Hope everyone is ok, have a good weekend all.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 19/01/2024 at 08:35, zigzag said:

In the words of Sunnyday ‘Tis Friday again’ my last day of doggy sitting today as hopefully my son will get home tomorrow! They did start their journey a day early as it was snowing quite heavily in the highlands and a lot more was forecast overnight. So they made the sensible decision to move to lower ground last night. Going to make the most of our dry weer today as it looks like the wind and rain are returning from tomorrow!

out on Sunday for a celebration lunch as my son got engaged whilst in Scotland! Still can’t quite believe it! My baby boy!  But so happy for them both and couldn’t wish for a nicer girl to join or family.

Hope everyone is ok, have a good weekend all.

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Lovely news all round there zigzag - safe journey home for your son and many congrats on his engagement!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Love 2

Lovely news zigzag 💍 

a Covid kind of weekend here 🙄 probably expected as we’ve had a couple of chn in this week who’s parents have it, feels like it’s giving up the fight today though 🤞

hope no one is affected by storm Isha 💨 🌧 

• Sad 1

I've achieved a 'school-free Sunday'! Worked hard yesterday and I have the day to myself. Some of it will be cleaning and tidying and I must write overdue thank you letters but apart from that I have no idea. I need to decide on something some dinner and might fit a little baking in.

• Like 1
  • Love 2