Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 21/01/2024 at 07:50, Mouseketeer said:

Lovely news zigzag 💍 

a Covid kind of weekend here 🙄 probably expected as we’ve had a couple of chn in this week who’s parents have it, feels like it’s giving up the fight today though 🤞

hope no one is affected by storm Isha 💨 🌧 

Hope you feel better soon. Xx

On 21/01/2024 at 07:50, Mouseketeer said:

Lovely news zigzag 💍 

a Covid kind of weekend here 🙄 probably expected as we’ve had a couple of chn in this week who’s parents have it, feels like it’s giving up the fight today though 🤞

hope no one is affected by storm Isha 💨 🌧 

Hope you feel better soon. 💐

Has anyone esle not had Covid? My staff joke and call me 'Billy no mate" and that I must have no life or friends! 😂

On 21/01/2024 at 11:55, louby loo said:

Hope you feel better soon. 💐

Has anyone esle not had Covid? My staff joke and call me 'Billy no mate" and that I must have no life or friends! 😂

I hardly like to say it <touch wood> we have escaped so far. It's bloomin' rife again around these parts

• Like 2

On 21/01/2024 at 13:48, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks all, much better today, it’s ramping up here too and chn are coming when parents have it as no reason not to anymore and with no vaccine boosters now I guess there’s no avoiding it.

Pleased to hear you are feeling much better Mousie

The situation at the moment is 'proper tricky' if you live with someone who is vulnerable - having said that, I do accept that life has to carry on for others...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 21/01/2024 at 12:33, sunnyday said:

I hardly like to say it <touch wood> we have escaped so far. It's bloomin' rife again around these parts

Well I don't feel so alone now. I have even been places- theatre, the underground train etc... (plus going around a bit at work again)

On 21/01/2024 at 13:48, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks all, much better today, it’s ramping up here too and chn are coming when parents have it as no reason not to anymore and with no vaccine boosters now I guess there’s no avoiding it.

Good to hear you are feeling better.

• Like 2

On 21/01/2024 at 17:58, sunnyday said:

It's blowing a flippin' hoolie here already - think it is going to be a very noisy night!

Same here! 🙀

Sister in law currently stuck in Portsmouth waiting to go on a cruise 😳

On 26/01/2024 at 09:12, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday (again!)

Hope everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

How's Mr S doing now?

I've only worked two days this week, and have recruited a new bank staff member therefore looing at more time off now! 😁😂 x

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 21:39, louby loo said:

How's Mr S doing now?

I've only worked two days this week, and have recruited a new bank staff member therefore looing at more time off now! 😁😂 x

Mr S is coming along nicely, thanks for asking louby

Pleased to hear that you have been able to cut down your working week!

• Like 2

Glad to hear Mr S is doing ok. 

The usual busy week for me! I’m currently contemplating a short nap before continuing the planning. This evening I’m off to the theatre and don’t want to fall asleep in the middle of it!

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 21:39, louby loo said:

How's Mr S doing now?

Good news Louby, my recruiting isn’t going so well and now looking like the deputy wants out 😭 

On 27/01/2024 at 12:14, Froglet said:

Glad to hear Mr S is doing ok. 

The usual busy week for me! I’m currently contemplating a short nap before continuing the planning. This evening I’m off to the theatre and don’t want to fall asleep in the middle of it!

Oooh - what are you going to see?

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Hope everyone is okay and for those still working half-term is nearly here!

We are granddog sitting this weekend - two lovely boys - looking forward to it 🐶🐶

In fact my daughters-in-law have both furnished me with dates for dog-sitting duties through the year 🤣

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi everyone!

I'm just checking in quickly before off out for the day- nothing exciting i should add!😂

I loved having dog sitting duties, but it doesnt happen now since our regular passed. I do say we are getting a dog once I have finally left the preschool though 😊

Another week flown by- it's already happening...... January seemed forever- yet I can already see the end of Feb just around the corner!!!!

My daugher has just returned to work, and yesterday I had to look after both 🙀😳 Granddaughter off sick from her nursery (school based) it wasn't that bad to be honest, but I do hae the granddaughter again tonight for her weekly 'sleepover" ... more 'arts and crafts' then!😂

Have a good weekend all,.   xxx

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thank goodness January is done and dusted, it honestly seemed never ending this year!

Very quiet weekend for me now unexpectedly. My husbands been working on the Isles of Scilly this week and because of the bad weather all flights were grounded today and looks like they will be tomorrow as well! So looks like he won’t be home until Monday (weather permitting) to add to that my son is in London for the weekend so it’s just me and the dog and oh my goodness is the house quiet! (Beautifully tidy though) 

Have been hearing about this idea that the government have to try and entice early years workers back, would take a lot more than that to get me tempted to return!  Why didn’t they listen to the sector years ago? It may not be in the dire straights that it is now if they had of done! 

Have a good weekend all. Xx

• Like 3

On 02/02/2024 at 20:15, zigzag said:

Have been hearing about this idea that the government have to try and entice early years workers back, would take a lot more than that to get me tempted to return!  Why didn’t they listen to the sector years ago? It may not be in the dire straights that it is now if they had of done! 

I get that more people need to train and believe dropping the need for all to have maths (rightly or wrongly) should entice school leavers back into training, but what about keeping the experienced staff in Early Years, they are leaving on mass, mainly to become assessors if Fb is anything to go on ….who the hell will be left to assess 🤣 

only a week to half term ….. I love that holidays were created to get the work done you can’t do in your employed weeks …and now we have to to give one of them back 😞 

have a good weekend all

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hello all!

I love the sound of all the dog sitting. My sister has said that they may let me mind their dog when they go away later in the year. I keep changing my mind with whether to get my own or not. Part of me would love one, part of me is way too selfish. My lifestyle at the moment definitely wouldn't work with one although lots of people say it would be good for me!

This weekend I am planning to work today although part of that will be a proper 'fun work' job - creating an author display which I'm really looking forward to. Sunday will hopefully be a quiet day - am contemplating making a carrot cake and I'm also hoping to go on a snowdrop walk somewhere.

After that, just one week to go.  I'm with you Mouse on the holiday to get work done - I did have to remind myself that it's only a week but it's also an opportunity to get some of the major sorting out type jobs one which I actually quite enjoy! Nothing like a good cupboard emptying and decluttering session!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 02/02/2024 at 20:56, Mouseketeer said:

only a week to half term ….. I love that holidays were created to get the work done you can’t do in your employed weeks …and now we have to to give one of them back 😞 

have a good weekend all

Mousie, what do you mean that you now have to give a week back?😮

have a good weekend all

On 03/02/2024 at 07:41, Froglet said:

Hello all!

After that, just one week to go.  I'm with you Mouse on the holiday to get work done - I did have to remind myself that it's only a week but it's also an opportunity to get some of the major sorting out type jobs one which I actually quite enjoy! Nothing like a good cupboard emptying and decluttering session!

Well, all I can say with regards to work is - COVID broke me!  I completely changed my attitude towards working in my own time. 

You both need to be kind to youselves.  It's important to have time to take care of own wellbeing💞

I have now have a list of things that 'should' be done, and one for  'must' be done.  It taught me I was putting pressure on mself to be running a perfect setting, and what I also learnt was that the parents really don't care as long as the children are well cared for, are developing as expected and are happy!  (Froglet- your school needs to respect your homelife too x)

However, as a side note how have you two only got one week left??!!!! We have two to go 🙀

xx

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 03/02/2024 at 09:56, louby loo said:

have now have a list of things that 'should' be done, and one for  'must' be done.  It taught me I was putting pressure on mself to be running a perfect setting, and what I also learnt was that the parents really don't care as long as the children are well cared for, are developing as expected and are happy!  (Froglet- your school needs to respect your homelife too x)

Totally agree with you, it was something that I just couldn’t manage to do and I think that’s what broke me in the end.  

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 20:15, zigzag said:

Thank goodness January is done and dusted, it honestly seemed never ending this year!

Very quiet weekend for me now unexpectedly. My husbands been working on the Isles of Scilly this week and because of the bad weather all flights were grounded today and looks like they will be tomorrow as well! So looks like he won’t be home until Monday (weather permitting) to add to that my son is in London for the weekend so it’s just me and the dog and oh my goodness is the house quiet! (Beautifully tidy though) 

Have a good weekend all. Xx

Hope your husband gets home safe and sound x

I had a little chuckle to myself about the promise of £1000.00 to lure EY staff back - pity they couldn't value us and fund properly in the first place!

• Love 1

have a good weekend all

Hold up Mousie - why have you got to 'give a week' back?

I came across some old TDLs whilst having a sort out this week - I can't believe what I used to do...

On 03/02/2024 at 08:39, zigzag said:

Mousie, what do you mean that you now have to give a week back?😮

The whole debacle of term time staff having the same 5.6 wks has been overturned and we are back to what equates to that 12.7%/4.3 weeks, EYA payroll sent an email about the change a couple of weeks ago , to be fair it didn’t seem right to have the same paid holiday as an all year round worker (though as all managers of a term time setting know it isn’t really paid holiday, it’s pay for working the holidays).

On 03/02/2024 at 09:56, louby loo said:

However, as a side note how have you two only got one week left??!!!! We have two to go 🙀

We have a really early have term in our county -12th to 16th, maybe you have the 5 wk next half term when we’ll have a 6?