Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

All my productive plans for the weekend have disappeared in dozing - please tell me not to feel guilty, that clearly I needed it!

I have, though, also fixed the washing machine!

Am pondering scones for tea. I made a mini baguette yesterday - it looked 'interesting'!!

Also, just wondering if any of you lovely friends would be up for a little ideas sharing around activities for 2-3 year olds? I am out of practice (and have never worked with children that young). 

On 18/02/2024 at 15:47, Froglet said:

All my productive plans for the weekend have disappeared in dozing - please tell me not to feel guilty, that clearly I needed it!

Am pondering scones for tea. I made a mini baguette yesterday - it looked 'interesting'!!

Also, just wondering if any of you lovely friends would be up for a little ideas sharing around activities for 2-3 year olds? I am out of practice (and have never worked with children that young). 

• Do not feel guilty- you obviously did need it 😁  Just to add my two-pen'erth ... I've not done anyhting much for the last two days!
  • When can you come and fix mine! 😳  Just walked out to find a small pool of water in front of it. My plan is to not use it again today- and hope by tomorrow it will have fixed itself?
  • Scones are always a good idea 😊
  • Activities.... what kind are you looking for? In this house 'arts and crafts' has always been a top choice, if not that then playing tea parties- you can combine that with cooking if you are feeling kind- and do not wish to just lay on sofa whilst being given 'cups of tea and cake'  😂    Just going out for walks is possibly one of the best- either on a nice sunny day, or jumping in puddles if raining. 🌧️.

Note: arts and crafts =

• cutting, gluing- old cards, sequines etc. (glue sticks are good as they dry quickly at this age)
  • collecting bits from a walk and making a picture
  • painting - if I'm in the mood for the mess it creates
  • felt pens seem to go down better with the younger age as they get more colour with less pressure than a pencil - but you can't take you eyes of them  for one second whilst they have a flet pen in their hands... also this does not work well if you are 'precious' about your pen lids!😂😂
  •  
  • Like 1

I think that sounds like an excellent plan for your washing machine. Mine had just stopped mid-cycle - I googled the error message and followed instructions!

The scones were good and I'm now enjoying a mug of proper hot chocolate before an early night.

The activities are for school rather than my niblings - will send a message to explain.

On 18/02/2024 at 15:47, Froglet said:

I'm a bit late to this...

You definitely needed some extra sleep - no doubt about that!

Activities - everything louby suggested + dough ( I would make loads) ...without knowing what exactly you are doing it is hard to know what to advise - is it just a one off session or something long term that you can purchase resources for?

• Like 2

On 18/02/2024 at 18:50, Froglet said:

I think that sounds like an excellent plan for your washing machine. Mine had just stopped mid-cycle - I googled the error message and followed instructions!

The scones were good and I'm now enjoying a mug of proper hot chocolate before an early night.

The activities are for school rather than my niblings - will send a message to explain.

I feel the need to say my washing machine plan appears to have paid off... 😳 I just walked away for 24 hours, and now (touch wood) it appears to have stopped leaking, very strange!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 20/02/2024 at 19:19, louby loo said:

I feel the need to say my washing machine plan appears to have paid off... 😳 I just walked away for 24 hours, and now (touch wood) it appears to have stopped leaking, very strange!

That is very strange - but also very good!

Hi sunnyday

I am shocked to report it is a sunny day here for the first time this week I think.  Gosh I am sick of the rain and wind....we had rain and wind yesterday ☹️

Had a good week thank you ..... drama free ... that's how I measure a good week these days lol

I have a weekend of dog walking and some decorating in prospect so busy but should be fun as long as the rain doesn't make a return visit 🤞

Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are up to xx

• Like 2

Afternoon every one.

After a full on morning of 'arts and crafts' I am now about to lay on the sofa for a short nap!

Back to work next week, and I have mixed feelings, I'm actually looking foward to a bit of routine - but I think that's down to the awful weather at the moment.

Have a good weekend all x

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

I have woken up to a frosty mist but there is also bright sunshine which is lovely - the mist is disappearing very quickly!

Usual busy week for me at work and nothing much exciting planned for the weekend - I'm hoping there will be some cake on the horizon somewhere!

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

• Like 3

On 25/02/2024 at 18:04, Mouseketeer said:

How fast do these weekends go, is it ever going to stop raining sad

hope your 2nd half term goes well louby 🤞

To be honest the weather has been so mild my brain thinks we are now starting the summer term! 🙀😳😂!!!

• Like 1

On 23/02/2024 at 10:32, SueFinanceManager said:

I have a weekend of dog walking and some decorating in prospect so busy but should be fun as long as the rain doesn't make a return visit 🤞

Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are up to xx

There’s a village in West Cumbria called ‘Prospect’.  Which bit did you decorate? 🤣🤣

Edited by Cait
  • Haha 2

On 04/02/2024 at 22:26, Mouseketeer said:

Or the ones who had the extra HP being asked for it back  🤦‍♀️

And BINGO! I just had a memeber of staff mention Martin Lewis and holiday pay!!! I had to point out they'd all been paid the full amount - but it may go down now though. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 16:54, louby loo said:

And BINGO! I just had a memeber of staff mention Martin Lewis and holiday pay!!! I had to point out they'd all been paid the full amount - but it may go down now though. 

🤦‍♀️

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Not just any old Friday but 1st March supposedly first day of meteorological spring - hmmm - could someone please let the weather Gods know - just rain, rain and a bit more rain here🌨️🤦‍♀️ 

This month brings lots of post-op checks for Mr S - starting with a visit to The Royal Brompton on Monday for lung function testing this to be followed by a 'phone call from the surgical team a few days later.

Hope that everyone is okay?

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 1

St David's day.  Feeling a bit 'thoughtful' today as it's the anniversay of my dad's death, and my mum was Welsh. We are for afternoon tea later as we like to make it a special day 😊

Absolutely chucking it down here!

Fingers crossed for Mr S next week- hope it all goes well for him.

Have a good weekend everyone. xx

• Like 2

Well it was chucking it down this morning but currently there is some sunshine.....shhhh don't say it too loud I don't want to frighten it away 😆

The few daffoldils that had been brave enough to show themselves in my garden are looking very sad as they have been battered by wind and rain ☹️

Good luck to Mr S next week....we will be keeping everything crossed for him.

My hubby flew off to Turkey today for a weeks golfing with his mates so I have the house and the television all to myself 🎉

I have a weekend of dog walking and rubbish telly planned and because I am a bit weird I am also planning to jet wash the patio....I love jet washing the patio and seeing it go from mossy brown back to the nice light stone that it actually is.

Hope whatever things you get up to over the weekend you have fun and stay dry.

Sue xx

• Like 3

woke up to unexpected snow this morning with a pic of my little grandson out playing in it at silly o’clock, the first he’s really known anything about ❄️ soon started to rain and washed away (thankfully).

Hope you’re all having a good weekend 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2024 at 19:10, Mouseketeer said:

woke up to unexpected snow this morning with a pic of my little grandson out playing in it at silly o’clock, the first he’s really known anything about ❄️ soon started to rain and washed away (thankfully).

Hope you’re all having a good weekend 

SNOW!!!!!!

• Like 1

Brrr! pretty cold here but thankfully no snow. I only like it when i don't need to go out!!

Wishing Mr S good luck with his upcoming tests.

Hope every else is doing ok

Had my son and family for lunch yesterday. My grandaughter requested roast dinner. I must do that more often on a saturday? I thinking today was Monday and then realsied it wasn't - almost like a 3 day weekend all because i did roast on a Saturday instead of the usua Sunday.

All good on the baby front DIL is now almost 36 weeks so hopefully there will be the outcome we have been dreaming of

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just rain for us! I really don’t think the ground can take anymore! (Neither can I) We had a lovely Sunday roast at Roskillys farm on Sunday. Was a lovely treat and made a change from me cooking roast for everyone!  I’m a very happy lady tonight as just heard back from the vets that my darling dogs lumps are just fatty lumps and nothing sinister. Very relieved and thankful.

Did anyone happen to see the breakfast news yesterday? They were discussing the new funding and lack of early years workers. Then to my horror they were highlighting a three week boot camp to be able to work in early years settings!! Oh my goodness is this seriously what it has come to? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Morning - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay?

I seem to have had a busy week which is unusual for me - Monday was London for Mr S and his Lung Function testing (all as well as it could be which is wonderful), Tuesday joy of joys a mammogram for me, Wednesday Church cleaning,  yesterday Knit and Natter which had a great attendance and was really enjoyable, my little group is two years old now and I am so glad that I started it, today Mr S has had a video call from surgical team which went well, although comment was made that it was actually a bit early for him to have had the Lung Function testing yet (well 'scuse me, they called him for it 🤦‍♀️. Also today - eldest granddaughter has her 'passing out' parade, we are so proud of her...I'm waiting now for DIL to deliver celebration balloons here which will go straight into my car as tonight the whole family (both sides) are meeting for a meal for her, she has no idea, she thinks she is just going out with her mum, dad and sister when in fact there will be 16 of us - whoop!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all and that you get to spend it doing things that you enjoy with your special people x

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Good to her MrS is doing good.

Quiet week here, we do however have the grandson's first birthday tomorrow! Where did that year go!🙀

Today I've been doing the usual 'Firday Arts and Crafts' session witht the 4 year old 😂 We made a resin coaster for mummy.... not going to lie it was a bit stressful making sure she didn't actually touch the resin- but she did manage to fill it with all sorts of glittery/ diamond/ sequiny items  which made her happy! 😂

Have a good weekend all. xx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Glad to hear Mr S is doing well and your plans for your granddaughter sound lovely, Sunnyday!

Louby - nothing like a bit of sparkle and glitter!

I have had a fun week in that we have been creating a new space for some children in school - a couple of late nights painting and decorating but it was so worth it, we've created something really special. This weekend my nephew is getting awarded with a music bursary which he applied for himself at a concert of my sisters so I'm combing the two and going down to see them. I'm not staying over I don't think but am hoping to try and restore a little order around here - it's somewhat chaotic rather than calming!

Have a good weekend everyone, whatever you're up to!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 09/03/2024 at 09:29, Froglet said:

I have a question for you! I was given some money for my birthday and Christmas which I haven't spent yet. This company release these 'Women who made history' doll patterns for just two weeks of each year to celebrate International Women's day. I'm quite tempted by one. Which would you go for?

https://www.toftuk.com/home.aspx

So many to choose from!  For me I'd probably start with Emmaline Pankhurst.... but she's a very 'safe' choice, and really I feel maybe I should go with someone else, so possibly Frida Kalho for me- because I love her art.... but then again there are some other very good candidates!!!!

On 09/03/2024 at 09:29, Froglet said:

I have a question for you! I was given some money for my birthday and Christmas which I haven't spent yet. This company release these 'Women who made history' doll patterns for just two weeks of each year to celebrate International Women's day. I'm quite tempted by one. Which would you go for?

https://www.toftuk.com/home.aspx

Oooh - they are very special - I would go for Rosa Parks 'the only tired I am, is tired of giving in' - what an incredible woman.

• Like 1

The night out for our eldest granddaughter went to plan - we had to be at the venue first as we had the balloons for the tables - Mr S insisted on parking fairly close to the door - I said "we can't park here, she will see our car" - clever DIL spotted our car as they turned into the car park and distracted her - phew!

We were in a quite wonderful room off the main eating area - the room is dedicated to the 'Stevenson Brothers' who make the most incredible rocking horses - there was the hugest, beautiful rocking horse high up in the ceiling rafters, we all spent some some time marvelling at that and all of four of the children aged between 3 and 8 were very interested in it- but the old woodworking tools which line the walls were only of interest to our littlest grandson who wanted daddy and granddad to explain the use of each one - the girls couldn't have cared less!

Anyway - lovely surprise for our eldest granddaughter - she had been a bit worried about her passing out parade as she found the 'marching bit' quite challenging! She has her 'warrant card' now which she has to carry 24/7, who knew!

• Like 1
  • Love 1