Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 03/02/2024 at 19:56, Mouseketeer said:

The whole debacle of term time staff having the same 5.6 wks has been overturned and we are back to what equates to that 12.7%/4.3 weeks, EYA payroll sent an email about the change a couple of weeks ago , to be fair it didn’t seem right to have the same paid holiday as an all year round worker (though as all managers of a term time setting know it isn’t really paid holiday, it’s pay for working the holidays).

We have a really early have term in our county -12th to 16th, maybe you have the 5 wk next half term when we’ll have a 6?

WT*! I know nothing about this!   This seems to have been kept quite?  I guess it will make a difference going fowards- but i wouldn't make staff 'pay time back'.

Yes, our half term is the following week, with a short term before Easter.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2024 at 21:06, louby loo said:

WT*! I know nothing about this!   This seems to have been kept quite?  I guess it will make a difference going fowards- but i wouldn't make staff 'pay time back'.

Yes, our half term is the following week, with a short term before Easter.

I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of this, we also had the same email from EYA, it’s reads to me that as we use them for payroll our holiday pay will automatically revert to what it was before we went to 5.6 weeks from Sept, I’m going to speak to our committee about letting staff keep a week of pro-rata hours to use as time off provided it can be covered (not easy as things are with staffing).

BDA035BA-E427-4045-9D00-34C982887831.jpeg

On 04/02/2024 at 11:53, Mouseketeer said:

I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of this, we also had the same email from EYA, it’s reads to me that as we use them for payroll our holiday pay will automatically revert to what it was before we went to 5.6 weeks from Sept, I’m going to speak to our committee about letting staff keep a week of pro-rata hours to use as time off provided it can be covered (not easy as things are with staffing).

Thank- you for adding that information, I must have missed with my new lacs-adaisy-cal  approach to working outside of paid hours!

Mind you, I am  even more confused- as when I googled I felt it implied the opposite  (although it did give your above calculations 😳) i found headlines saying 'thousands of term time staff owed money' !!!!  (Or were some people  just not paid any holiday?)

I do our wages (April-March, I follow the funding year) and use the govenment calculator to work out hoilday pay so I'm hoping I'm all good.

I really hope you manage to sort it to your benefit.  Staff (well not all I should add 😬) do so much unpaid you'd think they'd be more forgiving about small over-payments as a goodwill gesture.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2024 at 18:31, Mouseketeer said:

It’s been confusing all along, I was going on the sentence that said it will be a reduction in holiday pay 🤷‍♀️

I'm just waiting for the whole Martin Lewis "Are you owed backdated holiday pay?" fiasco I can foresee happening any time now! 😭

• Haha 1

On 04/02/2024 at 21:31, louby loo said:

I'm just waiting for the whole Martin Lewis "Are you owed backdated holiday pay?" fiasco I can foresee happening any time now! 😭

Or the ones who had the extra HP being asked for it back  🤦‍♀️

• Sad 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday (again!)

Start of half-term for some - lovely enjoy! I am always stunned to think that this half-term marks the middle point in the school year. I wonder if I will ever stop thinking/working in terms - probably not...

We had a blessed two hour power cut yesterday evening and I spent some of it looking back on my diary (kept on lap-top) from the start of my retirement - that made me realise just how 'lazy' I have become - have vowed to get back into my daily walks - would help if it would stop raining.

We are granddog sitting again this weekend - our lovely Sprocker this time - she is an absolute sweetie but full of energy and will keep me on my toes - hmmm soggy spaniel anyone 🤣🐶❤️

Hope that everyone is okay and that the weekend/half-term break is kind to all x

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hiya all,

Another week to go for us. (three days for me).

We've had a poorly cat this week, bloodtests show nothing serious (phew) Actually think she may be feeling 'put out' when the GC are here 😳... even thought the GD is the sweetest and gentlest liitle girl with all animals. However the GS is not showing the quite the same compassion!.

Awful weather here for the last 24 hours, lots of local roads flooded thankfully not homes though.

On 09/02/2024 at 19:13, louby loo said:

Hiya all,

Another week to go for us. (three days for me).

We've had a poorly cat this week, bloodtests show nothing serious (phew) Actually think she may be feeling 'put out' when the GC are here 😳... even thought the GD is the sweetest and gentlest liitle girl with all animals. However the GS is not showing the quite the same compassion!.

Awful weather here for the last 24 hours, lots of local roads flooded thankfully not homes though.

Oh no - to the poorly cat - has vet recommended anything for her?

That power cut that I mentioned played havoc with my printer - deep sigh - made the most of DIL when she delivered granddog - I thought that I had uninstalled and reinstalled - however, she did it properly 🤷‍♀️I said "thanks so much, I owe you one, oh no I don't actually I've got your dog for the weekend"🤣

On 09/02/2024 at 19:28, sunnyday said:

Oh no - to the poorly cat - has vet recommended anything for her?

That power cut that I mentioned played havoc with my printer - deep sigh - made the most of DIL when she delivered granddog - I thought that I had uninstalled and reinstalled - however, she did it properly 🤷‍♀️I said "thanks so much, I owe you one, oh no I don't actually I've got your dog for the weekend"🤣

Vet recommended spoiling her with food - which is not easy with the most unmotivated by food cat ever!!! Weight loss is one of her symptoms but she's just interested in food and never has been 😬

Please dont mention printers! Andy has had a very stressful week with ours 😂 He wanted to print 1 page, but managed to print the whole document 39 pages..... he did this 3 times! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 09/02/2024 at 19:51, louby loo said:

😬

Please dont mention printers! Andy has had a very stressful week with ours 😂 He wanted to print 1 page, but managed to print the whole document 39 pages..... he did this 3 times! 😂😂

🤦‍♀️🤣

• Haha 1

I'm on holiday! I woke at 3.10am today but managed to make myself go back to sleep and not get up until 8. Now I'm still in pjs! I'm planning some therapeutic sorting and tidying this week, the snowdrop walk I didn't get to last weekend, some good cooking (soup feels like it should be on the cards) and possibly a trip to see a friend in her annual Gilbert & Sullivan production.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/02/2024 at 17:41, zigzag said:

Enjoy every minute of your holiday Froglet. 

Oh I will! I have just treated myself to two new craft kits - I want to make a spring display at home. I have a paper daffodils and a felt daffodils kit arriving this week. The timing should be just at the point at which I have finished my 'must do' jobs and can just have fun. I also have some new yarn for stripey socks (which I got for Christmas) and a hobbycraft voucher which I really need to spend! I may need more than a week off!!

• Like 2

On 11/02/2024 at 07:23, Froglet said:

Oh I will! I have just treated myself to two new craft kits - I want to make a spring display at home. I have a paper daffodils and a felt daffodils kit arriving this week. The timing should be just at the point at which I have finished my 'must do' jobs and can just have fun. I also have some new yarn for stripey socks (which I got for Christmas) and a hobbycraft voucher which I really need to spend! I may need more than a week off!!

I love felting!!!  I haven't done it for a good few years though.  I bought myself a resin kit- not my normal kind of thing at all 😳, but I'm totally fasinated by the whole thing. (although part of me thinks I shouldnt be added plastic cr** to the world 😢, my usual hobbie/crafts are genrally more environmently friendly! x

• Like 1

Resin fascinated me too although I’ve never tried it. My felt kit is making flowers out of sheets of felt (cutting petals and gluing together) rather than making the felt. I have done that in the past though and loved it.

I do need to find my hot glue gun though - I know I have one somewhere! 

On 11/02/2024 at 10:29, Froglet said:

Resin fascinated me too although I’ve never tried it. My felt kit is making flowers out of sheets of felt (cutting petals and gluing together) rather than making the felt. I have done that in the past though and loved it.

I do need to find my hot glue gun though - I know I have one somewhere! 

I very nearly bought myself a cutting maching just so i could make felt flowers- I had to give myself a serious talking to! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Morning all! Half-term Yaayyyy!!!   (Well I guess mine started Wednesday really)

Busy week here- elderley neighbour had a very bad turn but refused to go to hospital....  however, thankfully is now settled into the local community hospital 🙂

Sunnyday did you have a fun 'nanny sleepover' did you do arts and crafts, cooking or dancing? These are our usual 'go too's' for me - although she has just discovered 'duck, duck, goose' which is interesting with just two people (for some reason grandpa always seeems to be asleep when that's played! 😂)

Hoglet- how did the crafting go? Did you manage to get the felt daffs completed?

Anyone else got anything interested planned? (or completed last week)

Cx

• Like 2

Sleepover was great fun, thanks louby!

She is very entertaining - never stops talking - we had some singing, dancing, colouring and film watching - also sorted out some toys that now need to be passed on - hmm - she would hang on to everything given half a chance! 🤣

I was a bit confused when at bedtime she said "nana, that cat bowl is creeping me out" - no idea what she was talking about, until she said "look on the shelf, that cat is looking right at me" - I have some shelving on my landing - top shelf is various very pretty bowls including one with cat faces...🤦‍♀️🤣

Your sleepover sounds like lots of fun! I was thinking of you the other day - one of the crochet designers I follow has been working on a sort of loose balaclava - a bit like a cowl with a hood you can pull up. She was calling it a 'grannyclava'!

Louby - sorry to hear about your neighbour, hope they are heading in the right direction now.

Well, I have spent a lot more of the week working than I intended to but a lot of it was very therapeutic sorting and throwing things out which I kind of enjoy. Now though, I have my laptop off and it is not going on again until next week. The craft kits I ordered only arrived yesterday/today so I am planning a cosy few days! I will let you have the photos.

• Like 2

HL- I need a grannyclava in my life!  I shall wait patiently for photos of the flowers.

SD - Colouring! How could l forget colouring!!! Your GD is a little older than mine I beiieve......... has she passed the stage to telling what part you can colour and which colour you can use!? 😂😂

xx

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 17:17, louby loo said:

HL- I need a grannyclava in my life!  I shall wait patiently for photos of the flowers.

SD - Colouring! How could l forget colouring!!! Your GD is a little older than mine I beiieve......... has she passed the stage to telling what part you can colour and which colour you can use!? 😂😂

xx

Much older than your little darling she is eight now - but still very particular about any input in her drawing and colouring! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 16/02/2024 at 17:59, louby loo said:

I just tried googling...... an interesting 20 mins 😂😂

I tried googling to show you all a picture but couldn't find anything - partly because at first I was accidentally searching for 'granny lava'! I promise I wasn't making it up!

On 16/02/2024 at 19:30, Froglet said:

I tried googling to show you all a picture but couldn't find anything - partly because at first I was accidentally searching for 'granny lava'! I promise I wasn't making it up!

I found a strange youtube clip of granny vrs floor is lava.... seems this is a 'thing' 😳😂

... then i found some rather unflattering balaclava's made using 'granny squares' 😂  I did find some nice/interesting pictures when I searched for 'ladies balaclava' though.

• Like 1