Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 30/03/2024 at 08:56, louby loo said:

did/do - and guess what?.... I don't really think anyone at work has even noticed!  (they just have to think a bit more for themselves)  🙀😳😂 

I think you hit the nail there louby, hardly anyone  seems to be able to show any initiative anymore, it very much seems a ‘someone else will do it’ work ethic these days (pick that up, change that, clean that spill, refill that….) and that someone else is usually me, this blinkered attitude drives me nuts, I sometimes just feel like the hired help now 🤯

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Sad 1

On 30/03/2024 at 08:56, louby loo said:

You two both need to put yourself first!!!!!

I did/do - and guess what?.... I don't really think anyone at work has even noticed!  (they just have to think a bit more for themselves)  🙀😳😂 

Totally agree with this! I never did and I should have done. It’s only now that I am out of it that I can see that. 

• Like 3

Did a changeover at the holiday cottage today and hope to god it’s not an omen for the rest of the season! The place was absolutely disgusting, honestly you wonder what these people’s homes are like. We then have had half a day of no rain! So cleaned the greenhouse inside and out and got some seeds planted.  Even just doing those small jobs feels like progress!  Have a a lovely rest of the weekend. Xx

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Hope everyone is okay?

Good news for Mr S this morning in a call from one of the surgical team at The Royal Brompton - he had a CT on Tuesday and they are really pleased with that - all looking as would be expected - they have discharged him from the surgical side but are transferring him back to the other part of the hospital and back to the Professor who will keep him under review - if needed in the future (hopefully not) they could operate on the other lung...it's been a long and arduous journey for him to get to this point we are so thankful to the very skilled team at that hospital.

In other news - granddog has gone home (for now!) - she has been such a good girl - wish that the weather had been better whilst she was here - soggy spaniel sums it up really!

Eldest granddaughter starts the 'on the beat' part of her training tomorrow this lasts for sixteen weeks and then hopefully she will transfer across to CID, that's where she wants to be 🤞

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Such good news about Mr S - hopefully now you can start having some more fun out and about.

I too am getting a little tired of soggy spaniel...it has been so wet here that it is even muddy up on the chalk downs that surround us and they drain well but they are just so saturated 😫

I am supposed to be golfing tomorrow but course closed again today as a result of overnight rain....I am wondering if I will ever play golf in 2024!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Fantastic news about Mr S! I'm so pleased for you. Congratulations to your grandaughter too!

Lots of rain here too - no soggy spaniels to share it with though. I do keep pondering getting a dog and really can't make up my mind.

I have had a lovely, restful week - lots of crafting, my house is clean and tidy (although I haven't done any sorting as I'd planned), plenty of sleep and a day out with a friend visiting a couple of NT places yesterday (admittedly, mostly catching up on news and chatting!).

I'm working on some new socks today and pondering baking - have always fancied having a go at babka which I've never tried before.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and lets hope for just a smidgin of sunshine!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Almost forgot it's Friday!

Sunnyday- seem's you've had a good week allround 😁

SueFN - seem's you've had a soggy week! 😬

Froglet - seem's you've have been putting yoursefl first for a change! 😇 ...Keep it up!

xx

• Like 3

The rain is relentless, the ground cannot take anymore! I too have soggy muddy spaniel fever! Trying to walk the fields this week was almost impossible, almost came a cropper and landed in the mud, just managed to save myself, good job no one  was around as it was not at all graceful!🤣🤣  Think storm Kathleen is beginning to make itself know outside at the moment! Oh joy, another wet and windy weekend.  Roll on summer.

Great news about Mr S. You must both be so pleased. Xx  Gezabel, how is that gorgeous baby getting on?

Have a good weekend all.

IMG_5404.jpeg

• Like 2

On 05/04/2024 at 21:23, zigzag said:

The rain is relentless, the ground cannot take anymore! I too have soggy muddy spaniel fever! Trying to walk the fields this week was almost impossible, almost came a cropper and landed in the mud, just managed to save myself, good job no one  was around as it was not at all graceful!🤣🤣  Think storm Kathleen is beginning to make itself know outside at the moment! Oh joy, another wet and windy weekend.  Roll on summer.

Great news about Mr S. You must both be so pleased. Xx  Gezabel, how is that gorgeous baby getting on?

Have a good weekend all.

IMG_5404.jpeg

As if these two poppets could cause muddy trouble!!!! 😂  

I had a muddy incident like yours a few years ago.... we refer back to it as my 'skating on mud' moment! (there were witnessess!🤣)

I hope it's not too wet and wild for you. I've just got back from a walk and it was already warm out - but at least it's bright if not actually sunny out.

• Love 1

On 05/04/2024 at 21:23, zigzag said:

Have a good weekend all.

IMG_5404.jpeg

Just to say it is not recommended that you ACTUALLY put a spaniel in the washing machine😱😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/04/2024 at 09:23, finleysmaid said:

Just to say it is not recommended that you ACTUALLY put a spaniel in the washing machine😱😂😂

🤣🤣 This made me laugh Finleysmaid!!  This is my Grandog who I have everyday and she very happily climbed into the washing basket and snuggled up! I highly  recommend a mud buddy for anyone that has a dog, they are brilliant.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2024 at 09:23, finleysmaid said:

Not! 😲

Damn are you sure - she came out so well - guess I shouldn't do that again then 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GReat news about Mr S you must be thrilled - hope all continues to go really well.

Baby George is doing so well - he has come into our world and wrapped his fingers around all our hearts.

The initial l couple of days were a bit unpredictable feed wise but only to be expected. He is breast feeding really well and going between 3 and 4 hours between feeds now so Mum and Dad are managing to get some sleep. My grandaughter, a very proud 5 yr old big cousin had the honour of pushing the pram on the first walk.  All in all going really well.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Good morning and all that but can I ask how is it Friday again already?????

It seems like 5 minutes ago I read your message last Friday!

Needless to say I did not get out on the golf course last Saturday but I did manage a round on Monday in the sun in my shirtsleeves 🌞

No playing golf for me this weekend but will be mostly walking the dog, pottering around doing a few chores then spending hours watching The Masters from Augusta, Georgia (big golf tournament for those not interested in golf).

Hubby left about 10 minutes ago to travel up to Preston to spend the weekend with my son & gorgeous grandson so I have the house all to myself.  I went yesterday and brought all my favourites to eat over the weekend and a bag of malteasers might have fallen in the basket next to the wine....these accidents happen but what's a girl to do eh???

Have fun weekends whatever you are up to xx

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Fridays keep coming around so fast I keep forgetting.

I'm well and truly ready to go back to work for a rest!  It's been a lovely warm day here today, and we've just booked a holiday for the end of June- so ending the week a high! 😁

Sunnyday I hope you've had a good day with your GS, I've had mine over for the day... and we have renamed him as 'the wrecking ball', nothing and I mean NOTHING is safe when he is around! 😂

Have a good weekend everyone xx

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lazy week for me pretty much - I meant to tackle my school TDL but have mostly been sleeping and crocheting a baby blanket for a friend with her first little one and reading a lot - just finished the third Thursday Murder Club book which I loved. Back to school on Monday. I'm determined to finish the TDL tomorrow and have one last school free day on Sunday. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

That seemed like a quick 2 weeks, lots of TDL done, broken up with a couple of friend catch ups which obviously involved food.

Nice to see the ☀️ Work garden tidied and a bit of own garden pottering.

Feeling thankful that I’ve managed to recruit a new staff member to join the team shortly, hopefully I can get out from under this cloud of feeling like I’ve been having to do 2 peoples jobs for 1 persons pay since September 🤞

Enjoy the weekend all and Best Wishes to all who start back next week ….roll on the Summer hols 😁 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It was so nice to see the sun yesterday. Everyone just feels a million times better for it. It’s going to take so long to dry up though! The mud on one of my favourite walks is now three quarters of the way up my welly boots. Even the dogs are fed up of mud now! Today will consist of hopefully getting the masses of laundry from my changeover dried on the line, I’d forgotten just how much there is!   I do also have the rest of my Dahlias to get planted today, love being able to potter about in the greenhouse again.

Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 3

I totally agree that Fridays are coming round quicker and quicker. I have a bit more of a 'problem' with the passing of time. I share my birthday with my youngest son. I swear it was yesterday that i celebrated my 40th and my son his 12th. Please can someone tell how can it be possible that we have just had our birthday on Friday. I am now 69 and he is 41 - how, just how????

Had a lovely surprise today, thought i was nipping round to see little George and the whole family were there - they are quite spread around!

George has already met my 5yr old granddaughter  and today he met my four year old grandson. I love how children's minds work. He looked at George and said "Oh George i am sorry you are sooo tiny and can't play with Lego but when you are bigger I promise i will share my Lego with you and i will teach you how to build things."

If anyone has the answer to slowing down time please share!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Good morning - 'tis Friday (again!)

Have just been stalking zigzag via her profile to try and find out which day is her birthday - no luck with that so I will just say:

Happy birthday dear zigzag for the coming week - hope that you have a very special day xxx

Also a belated happy birthday to Gezabel! xxx

Hope that everyone is okay and that the summer term has got off to a good start for those still working.

Can I get through a Friday post without moaning about the weather - no - fed up with rain and wind now - enough already!

Have a lovely weekend x

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Ahh thanks guys. Birthday is next Tuesday. We are off to stay in Wells tomorrow. So hoping to walk up Glastonbury tor tomorrow and have a wander around Glastonbury town. Then we are planning to visit Cheddar gorge, Wells, Bath and maybe Wookey hole. If anyone knows this area would appreciate any advice of places to visit, things to do etc. 

Have a lovely weekend all and I hope the sun stays shining for all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1