Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 22/03/2024 at 16:40, louby loo said:

Oh that is sad. :(

It is, what makes it so much harder for her is that she has the most awful Rheumatoid Arthritis on top of her fused leg, so she can only walk with the use of a huge frame, I can't see how she can make any progress really...

• Sad 1

i know i have shared some of the emotional journey my son and daughter-on -law have travelled in their quest to become parents. Over 7 year we have travelled this journey with them whilst trying  to support them through the ups and the downs. Two IVF attempts resulted in pregnancies both of which ended in miscarriages,

the third attempt also resulted in pregancy, we have been cautiously optimistic throughout  and unbelivably she is now 38 weeks pregnant. We know they are having a boy, all is well and he is due to arrive some time this coming week by C section. They have chosen to keep the date and the name to themselves - they just want to give us all a suprise and i get that. My hunch is Wednesday 27th but no idea why.

The nursery is ready, they are ready, we are all ready and we now just have to wait a little bit longer!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 22/03/2024 at 20:09, Gezabel said:

i know i have shared some of the emotional journey my son and daughter-on -law have travelled in their quest to become parents. Over 7 year we have travelled this journey with them whilst trying  to support them through the ups and the downs. Two IVF attempts resulted in pregnancies both of which ended in miscarriages,

the third attempt also resulted in pregancy, we have been cautiously optimistic throughout  and unbelivably she is now 38 weeks pregnant. We know they are having a boy, all is well and he is due to arrive some time this coming week by C section. They have chosen to keep the date and the name to themselves - they just want to give us all a suprise and i get that. My hunch is Wednesday 27th but no idea why.

The nursery is ready, they are ready, we are all ready and we now just have to wait a little bit longer!

That is such good news and I'm actually really excited for you 😁.  IVF is such a journey for everyone involved including the extended family.

My daughters friend went through years of hearbreak too- like you with two failed attempts. Happy ending for her too 😊

• Like 1

On 22/03/2024 at 20:09, Gezabel said:

What fantastic news.  What a journey you have all been on. Let us know when he is here! Xx

• Love 1

Youngest granddaughter's show was just brilliant, one very proud nana here! ❤️

It was a 'mash up' - Under the Sea and Beauty and the Beast - sounds bizarre but was actually really clever.

Have a great week/part week all in the lead up to Easter!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Her's here, he's here, he's here I can't believe it - all our hopes and dreams for a lovely couple and us as a family have become a reality today.

Baby George arrived at 12:59 today and weighed in at 7lbs 8ozs,  

Thank you all soooo much for you thoughte, prayers and support over what has been a long, difficult journey - its been a great help 🥰

• Love 4

On 28/03/2024 at 19:04, Gezabel said:

Her's here, he's here, he's here I can't believe it - all our hopes and dreams for a lovely couple and us as a family have become a reality today.

Thank you all soooo much for you thoughte, prayers and support over what has been a long, difficult journey - its been a great help 🥰

YESSSSSSSSS!      Congratulations to EVERONE!  (I'm actually tears for you - I'm so happy!)

• Love 1

Oh my word - I also appear to have something in my eye...

Hugest congratulations to all and welcome to the world baby George!

• Love 1

What wonderful news Gezabel, soooooo happy for you all 💙💙💙

A2AB5C23-BD5B-4D35-A2FB-96EB08757938.jpeg

• Love 1

The hairs on the back of my neck are sticking up!  That is the best news, so very happy for you all. Enjoy your beautiful Grandson. Xxxx

• Love 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

What lovely news from Gezabel!

I am granddog sitting - she arrived yesterday and we will have her for nine days ❤️ her family are off caravanning hope that the weather improves for them...

Actually I hope the weather improves for all of us, this rain is just depressing.

Have a lovely weekend and Easter break x

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 29/03/2024 at 07:43, Mouseketeer said:

What wonderful news Gezabel, soooooo happy for you all 💙💙💙

A2AB5C23-BD5B-4D35-A2FB-96EB08757938.jpeg

Oh wow! this is beautiful thank you. I had a video call last night i could hardly listen to what my son was saying as the camera was focused on the cot! I just watched Geroge wide awake gasing around as if to say where am i and what just happened? Still can't quite believe hs is here.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 29/03/2024 at 09:07, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

What lovely news from Gezabel!

I am granddog sitting - she arrived yesterday and we will have her for nine days ❤️ her family are off caravanning hope that the weather improves for them...

Actually I hope the weather improves for all of us, this rain is just depressing.

Have a lovely weekend and Easter break x

I am very, very glad to have reached the Easter holidays! I have spent today mostly in pjs, reading a book completely guilt free - it was bliss! I had a little walk round the park with mum and dad in a moment of sunshine. I did find myself thinking 'can I go to bed yet?' at about 6pm!

Weekend plans include Sunday lunch at my sisters - I'm taking pudding but have no idea what at the moment. I also need to finish her long overdue birthday present and properly plan out my TDL for the holiday. I took no real time off at all over half-term and am not doing the same again!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 29/03/2024 at 20:02, Froglet said:

. I took no real time off at all over half-term and am not doing the same again!

I didn’t either Froglet and it’s seemed like a bloody long term even though it wasn’t and not at all ready to face the Summer term 😔 enjoy the break

• Like 2

On 29/03/2024 at 20:02, Froglet said:

I am very, very glad to have reached the Easter holidays! I have spent today mostly in pjs, reading a book completely guilt free - it was bliss! I had a little walk round the park with mum and dad in a moment of sunshine. I did find myself thinking 'can I go to bed yet?' at about 6pm!

Weekend plans include Sunday lunch at my sisters - I'm taking pudding but have no idea what at the moment. I also need to finish her long overdue birthday present and properly plan out my TDL for the holiday. I took no real time off at all over half-term and am not doing the same again!

On 29/03/2024 at 20:50, Mouseketeer said:

I didn’t either Froglet and it’s seemed like a bloody long term even though it wasn’t and not at all ready to face the Summer term 😔 enjoy the break

You two both need to put yourself first!!!!!

I did/do - and guess what?.... I don't really think anyone at work has even noticed!  (they just have to think a bit more for themselves)  🙀😳😂 

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 4

On 30/03/2024 at 08:56, louby loo said:

I did/do - and guess what?.... I don't really think anyone at work has even noticed!  (they just have to think a bit more for themselves)  🙀😳😂 

Seconded!

• Like 2

I don't know if I dare mention this - I will whisper - the sun is shining here this morning - two loads of washing out and third load in machine now - granddog has had a fabulous run in our little field, I have said before I'm sure she must have some greyhound in her, she runs like the wind! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 30/03/2024 at 08:56, louby loo said:

I do try but for various reasons this term (since Christmas) has been busier than usual.

On 30/03/2024 at 11:05, sunnyday said:

I don't know if I dare mention this - I will whisper - the sun is shining here this morning - two loads of washing out and third load in machine now - granddog has had a fabulous run in our little field, I have said before I'm sure she must have some greyhound in her, she runs like the wind! 

Up here too. I have a load of washing on the line have done the menu plan and food shop and am just sitting down to some elevenses. I 'should' be doing the cleaning but a cup of tea and mini eggs were more tempting. I have settled on a passion fruit tart for my contribution to Easter lunch which I've never made before. Beetroot and feta risotto for tea tonight and purple sprouting broccoli - it's a very colourful veg weekend!

• Like 3