Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our daughter

Steve

Hi all -

I need to tell you about something that has happened to us, and I'm sorry that it will not be easy reading. If you're feeling fragile, perhaps it is better for you not to read further at the moment - I have to leave that to you.

Just over a month ago, we lost our lovely daughter Annie, who was three months short of her eighteenth birthday. Her death was completely unexpected; until then she had been a happy healthy girl. As we have subsequently discovered, this is rare, but not unheard of, and the (unproveable) tentative cause of death is being given as Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome (SADS).

There is an accurate account of the circumstances here. Annie's funeral is on 10th April (this Friday).

I feel I should tell you this because the FSF is a part of our life, and we feel embedded in you as a community. Also, some FSF members have found out from other sources and contacted us, and we didn't want others to find out in the same way.

And also, we need to let you know that the FSF will be closed on Friday, and we won't be able to offer any of the Tapestry or FSF support you may be used to, via phone, email or support ticket. The wonderful FSF team, who have done so much to keep things going while we come to terms with the loss of Annie, will be joining Helen and me to celebrate her life.

What can we say, Steve and Helen. Our hearts are with you and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers especially on Friday.

Her happiness shines out of the photographs I have seen, and though I was not privileged to know her, it is plain to see that she was a lovely and very special girl who was a credit to you both.

Sending you love

I am SO sorry ... I am thinking of you .. I have started and re-started this so many times ... words just can't help, I know, but take care and God bless you both.

xxx