Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Came Today!

Well thats over! Went well really, but first had to call my Manager back from an Integrated Health Meeting!! She thought I was JOKING!! Nooooo!

Mrs O was very affable - the whole inspection was pretty relaxed. She was very focused on the quality of teaching and unfortunately picked us up on a couple of 'missed opportunities'. However she was very complimentary about our setting, empathised with the trials of being a packaway setting and said quote:

If there was a Very Good judgement then you would have it! (if only)! So we are Good and I'm content with that! She also said we don't need to keep the judgement quiet until the report comes out anymore....

So your the first to know! ha ha.

Looking forward to that glass of red......

• Like 9

Oh just to satisfy my curiosity.....can someone point me in the direction of that Ofsted Watch thingy? Would like to compare notes and see what the new reports look like.... before I can only see double. : ). Tks for cheering us on, bless you! x

Yay! So pleased for you! :1b

Very interested in your inspector telling you that you didn't need to keep 'quiet' re your result - we were inspected on Friday of last week and told in no uncertain terms that we couldn't share the result until verified and report published :blink:

Anyway top up your glass - cheers! :D

• Like 1

Very interested in your inspector telling you that you didn't need to keep 'quiet' re your result - we were inspected on Friday of last week and told in no uncertain terms that we couldn't share the result until verified and report published :blink:

Ha yes, I remembered you saying that when our inspector made that call! The word Variable springs to mind! She said Ofsted have decided that as 'so few settings query the judgements now there is no need to wait for the report!'. So guess the feeling is we all just about beaten now! ha ha

Oh Sunnyday I must have missed this, hope it went well for you.

Rafa well done on your inspection, we also had a missed opportunity, which I was kicking myself about after!! Would be nice if they had a grading between good and outstanding.

• Like 2

Could you give us an idea of what she thought were the missed opportunities?

Yes I can! My manager was leading a group and said: Lets find out whos turn it is to do the 'tick tock' - her name begins with 'S'.....children offer Sarah! Yes its Sarahs turn! Ofsted said missed opportunity to say "What other words begin with 'S'. (doh!)

And..... adult setting the scene for an obstacle course - didnt invite childrens input? ( double doh!)

And......adult said: Thats 12 children here today! Child said Vxxx isnt here today! She replied No he has Chicken Pox! Ofsted said missed opportunity to have said.....And how many would there have been if Vxxx had been here?

So STAY ON YOUR TOES!!! Think on your feet and don't miss a Trick! : ) x

Everydays a Learning Day!

Edited by Rafa

Yes we were told the same, 3 weeks ago

Well done Rafa, enjoy the great feeling as I said to Sunnyday it didn't seem to last long! :P

• Like 1

Ha yes, I remembered you saying that when our inspector made that call! The word Variable springs to mind! She said Ofsted have decided that as 'so few settings query the judgements now there is no need to wait for the report!'. So guess the feeling is we all just about beaten now! ha ha

We were told last week to keep quiet! She said her notes and recommendations go to someone else and they can change her grading so its not set in stone yet.

• Like 1

We were told last week to keep quiet! She said her notes and recommendations go to someone else and they can change her grading so its not set in stone yet.

Oh! Hope she was a REAL inspector!!! : ) Like I said, she told us no need to wait, so inconsistant advice again! However might need to watch this space.....there could be tears at bedtime...Yet!!

........best put the top back on the bottle : (

Yes I can! My manager was leading a group and said: Lets find out whos turn it is to do the 'tick tock' - her name begins with 'S'.....children offer Sarah! Yes its Sarahs turn! Ofsted said missed opportunity to say "What other words begin with 'S'. (doh!)

And..... adult setting the scene for an obstacle course - didnt invite childrens input? ( double doh!)

And......adult said: Thats 12 children here today! Child said Vxxx isnt here today! She replied No he has Chicken Pox! Ofsted said missed opportunity to have said.....And how many would there have been if Vxxx had been here?

So STAY ON YOUR TOES!!! Think on your feet and don't miss a Trick! : ) x

Everydays a Learning Day!

Oh dear! That seems a bit hard. I can't imagine we could do much differently there.

• Like 1

They've not put anything to that effect in all the billions of updates we get...I'm rather of the opinion that it is not so. The report still has to go through QA and can be challenged and changed based on her evidence submitted.

Cx

They've not put anything to that effect in all the billions of updates we get...I'm rather of the opinion that it is not so. The report still has to go through QA and can be challenged and changed based on her evidence submitted.

Cx

Actually this did happen to us at our 2011 inspection and we were given an extra Outstanding!

It's was under the old system where you were judged over many points

So sometimes it can be to our advantage :1b

• Like 1

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the missed opportunities, great to reflect on own practice. Hope you enjoyed the wine...but not too much!! ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)