Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

• 9 months later...
20 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Wanted to resurrect this thread to show off my first crochet blanket. It is only dolly sized for a friend’s little girl but I’ve never managed to master the squares before. Haven’t done anything crafty for ages and ages either!

1BCCB138-7468-4B30-8DEB-3829BC6A42F7.jpeg

That's lovely :)    It's reminded me I was half  thinking about making a 'temperature blanket' (one square a day, and the colour used relates to the day's temp)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, louby loo said:

That's lovely :)    It's reminded me I was half  thinking about making a 'temperature blanket' (one square a day, and the colour used relates to the day's temp)

What a great idea!  I think I've got the bug now - I want to make an autumn one but with colours that remind me of blackberries rather than the usual reds/oranges.

• Like 1

I spent much of my summer creating something for my very bestest friend in the whole world - who has just left my setting :-(

3 months before she joined my team in 2007, her 15 year old son had died and working at pre-school was her next step in her healing journey - she describes us as her 'haven'....

Anyway, for 11 years his clothing has been tucked away.. and I have made her children a special toy from his clothing fabric.... and then a quilt for her and her husband, and cushions for other family members....

I don't class myself as a 'sewer' (ie. one that sews B|) so I'm incredibly proud of what I achieved, but also that my friend entrusted me with something so special....

elephants.jpg

quilt.jpg

cushion.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thought it may be time to resurrect this thread again, as it’s been nearly a year since anyone posted on it!  These are my two makes, my first attempt at painting wooden people and I hope to improve and make a beautiful nativity scene they I have seen and also some superhero ones.  Need a lot more practice first!  The next item was part of a single bed frame which was waiting to go to the dump. It is now ready for children to pop curtain rings on, thread on and whatever else they will think to do with it!023871C0-0E3D-4B42-BD33-7DC5191B77B7.thumb.jpeg.f051182795dbc06b4dcbc3a24d68cd73.jpeg0DCCF566-68F9-4D9F-8907-60488BF6A93F.thumb.jpeg.54f620f39fac5d36f6fbf49dada67964.jpeg0DCCF566-68F9-4D9F-8907-60488BF6A93F.thumb.jpeg.54f620f39fac5d36f6fbf49dada67964.jpeg

• Like 7

All my own makes have been a boring this summer :(

I have made a few sequin cushions.

Most proud of 'make' was a Repair Shop project in which I  repaired a 20+ year old rag doll.  I managed to have the owner in tears when returned. (in a good way I should add!)

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, louby loo said:

All my own makes have been a boring this summer :(

I have made a few sequin cushions.

Most proud of 'make' was a Repair Shop project in which I  repaired a 20+ year old rag doll.  I managed to have the owner in tears when returned. (in a good way I should add!)

Did you happen to see the repair shop program a few days ago when they repaired the elderly ladies squeeze box that belonged to her Grandfather.  I was in tears it was so emotional. 😢

19 minutes ago, Panders said:

been watching that programme some time now, so many of the stories are very moving, the gentleman with the radio to be restored nearly did for me!

(Rather than strike through today I appear to have underscore causing probsO.oxD)

I look forward to your 'interesting' postings styles xDxD

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

Thought it may be time to resurrect this thread again, as it’s been nearly a year since anyone posted on it!  These are my two makes, my first attempt at painting wooden people and I hope to improve and make a beautiful nativity scene they I have seen and also some superhero ones.  Need a lot more practice first!  The next item was part of a single bed frame which was waiting to go to the dump. It is now ready for children to pop curtain rings on, thread on and whatever else they will think to do with it!023871C0-0E3D-4B42-BD33-7DC5191B77B7.thumb.jpeg.f051182795dbc06b4dcbc3a24d68cd73.jpeg0DCCF566-68F9-4D9F-8907-60488BF6A93F.thumb.jpeg.54f620f39fac5d36f6fbf49dada67964.jpeg0DCCF566-68F9-4D9F-8907-60488BF6A93F.thumb.jpeg.54f620f39fac5d36f6fbf49dada67964.jpeg

Zigzag - I love both those projects!  You're inspiring.

I discovered The Repair Shop by chance in the Easter holidays - I think I've become addicted!  I posted these on the Friday thread but I'm going to add them here too - meet Bert the frog!

5d610ec2f3527_Bertthefrog(3).thumb.JPG.a8f3decd4ad6b1152ffca411b082b6e9.JPG

5d610ee4e09ce_Bertthefrog(4).thumb.JPG.40de456aba082dea71ab7a0c2ca6d445.JPG

• Like 3

Gosh I wish I was as clever as you.  Try as I might, I really am not a naturally arts and crafty person. I am in awe of anyone who can knit, sew or crochet etc. I love your frog and really think you should write the stories down about him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh Froglet, that was funny!     I painted some pumpkin stones to display in the hallway when the grandchildren came round , then they wanted to have a go  themselves today when they visited - they didn't look too bad either, just takes sooo long to dry, but they were happy.  They are off to Cadbury's World tomorrow and were highly excited at the prospect.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

haha no there IS an elephant in the room...he's standing behind the pumpkins!!xD:DxD:D

So there is! He’s so familiar I didn’t even notice him - I‘ve  had him 25 years and his back is too uneven to be the plant stand I think he’s meant to be but my small people like to sit on him when they visit.

Panders that sounds like a lovely time you’re having. 

I think I’m going to experiment with making a miniature pumpkin to use as a gift tag for some bonfire gifts...

Edited by Froglet
  • Haha 1