Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

10 hours ago, louby loo said:

Well I have finally finished my 365 hexagons for my 2019  temperature blanket - I just need to sew them altogether now o.O... I knew I should have sewn them as I worked!!, it will probably take me a whole to sew them all together.

I’m looking forward to seeing that when you’re done. I decided that my next blanket would be stripes to avoid some of the joining together!

32 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I’m looking forward to seeing that when you’re done. I decided that my next blanket would be stripes to avoid some of the joining together!

Well, I did a striped crochet baby blanket based on temperature during pregnancy - which sounded better than in looked xD.   I thought I'd weave then ends in as I went along, but that actually made the sides fatter than the middle. The baby was well overdue, and that, added to my working out made it a very long, thinnish slightly frilly edged disaster xDxD

I told my daughter I didn't think I'd make her one.  She kinda agreed! :/xDxD

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, louby loo said:

Well I have finally finished my 365 hexagons for my 2019  temperature blanket - I just need to sew them altogether now o.O... I knew I should have sewn them as I worked!!, it will probably take me a whole to sew them all together.

I had to google temperature blanket - what a great idea - get sewing louby can't wait to see the end result

15 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I had to google temperature blanket - what a great idea - get sewing louby can't wait to see the end result

Trust me it's not going to look good :/..... my brother looked at all the hexagons and said it looked like I'd raided the clearance baskets in a wool shop! xD

I will finish it,  but it will be very big and no one wants it! (especially me)

5 hours ago, Panders said:

Just why am I hiding under the blanket xD    Gorgeous colours

Because it’s very, very snuggly and the perfect place for pandas! That particular has been mine since I was a baby - he has no nose because it wore off from so many kisses. He is my ally in most things even being my stooge when trying to stay up late “Mummy, panda has tears in his eyes.” (And that was just last week! 😉)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Froglet said:

Definitely not thin! 😉

Have just started on an octopus,..

I did an octopus, no good for a premature baby so I gave it to my daughters friend for her 3month old, made as second- better but still not up to standard so I gave that one to my daughter. :).

I will persevere but find it hard to crochet so tight. :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I did an octopus, no good for a premature baby so I gave it to my daughters friend for her 3month old, made as second- better but still not up to standard so I gave that one to my daughter. :).

I will persevere but find it hard to crochet so tight. :(

I did the body last night and did one leg but it went disastrously wrong so pulled it off - will try again later!

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

So cute. You'll make lots of people smile i'm sure.:) you've made us all grin for a startxD I love the sheeps curly wool ....is that really tricky? 

It’s actually not - just sections of 8 chains which you loop down into the body.  It was time consuming and a bit fiddly but not difficult. Doing the fleece was what made him come alive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Happy birthday to Mr Panders... Cake looks lovely... but what is on the top middle ? O.o

Yes, well - they are cherries - this was a recipe from the net.     Morello cherries, in a sauce thickened with cornflour.      Next time I will seek out a proper black forest recipe, - its ok, just looks a little odd a so pale.

• Like 1