Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

Please come and wave it in mine!

Me first! It's a lovely thing - I have my first 4 stalks of lavender this year - should I turn them into a wand?!

Cait - your knitting and quilting are lovely - you're inspiring me to finish stitching the binding on the Christmas quilt I started 2 years ago... it will be on this thread before the summer is up!

• Like 1

My first attempt at a rag wreath , hoping to make some Christmassy ones with the children in the autumn term , just ordered some pinking scissors as think it needs a little tidy up

I'd like to order a nice big rug in green tones please!!! xD

• Like 1

My first attempt at a rag wreath , hoping to make some Christmassy ones with the children in the autumn term , just ordered some pinking scissors as think it needs a little tidy up

Sunnyday - I can't believe you allowed somebody to get away with using the "C" word this early!!!

• Like 2

Sunnyday - I can't believe you allowed somebody to get away with using the "C" word this early!!!

:o You are absolutely right - I am getting sloppy in my 'c word' monitoring........

Right lashes my lovely - we do not use that word here until the end of November - please don't do it again......

• 5 weeks later...

Inspired by Cait's quilting I have at last finished my winter/season which may not be named quilt. Despite the length of time on it I'm really pleased. It lies on the back of the sofa and is great for snuggling under on chilly evenings. I'd really like to have a different one for each season!

post-26037-0-67546700-1440180939_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

That is lovely froglet ...I started one many years ago, collected a huge bag of fabric pieces, cut out hundreds of hexagons and stitched about 3 together :/ it's probably stuffed somewhere with the rag mat kit, cross stitch threads, half done tapestry ...so top marks for commitment :)

I did manage this post-7120-0-22114800-1440229188_thumb.jpg

Then bought wool to make 5 speckled frogs for number song bag but that's got no further than the TDL

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

That is lovely..

As we are on the subject -

My Daughter in Law made her wedding cake for this time last year..

She did all the sugar work and brought it over from Australia in her hand luggage.. then made the cake when she got here.. was a Dundee cake inside , as my son does not like the rich fruit cakes..they also made a sponge one..

post-3735-0-08923000-1445004645_thumb.jpgpost-3735-0-68500400-1445004707_thumb.jpgpost-3735-0-87181300-1445004847_thumb.jpgpost-3735-0-69812100-1445004966_thumb.jpg

(no idea why one turned sideways.. )

Edited by Inge
  • Like 3

Inge - that sugarwork is just beautiful!

I know beauty is in the eye etc. but that is soooo lovely - beautiful in it's simplicity and not in the least bit blingy and garish. What it would be to have a creative eye

I know - she is a graphic designer and just so good at this kind of thing. The whole wedding had a sort of 'woodland' theme. My brother-in-law (a tree surgeon) was called on to cut logs of various heights which were used to hold the flowers in the church and for the table decorations (I am lucky enough to have some of them in my kitchen windowsill right now)! My brother is also very creative and between the two of them they made so many of the things for their wedding. Hand drawn/calligraphy labels for the tables - all with tree names. A 'rustic' easel to display the seating plan, bunting. My new sister-in-law even made a hobbit cloak for my niece who was flower girl to wear. They also had a 'fingerprint guest book' where she had drawn a picture of their house and then they got guests to do fingerprints in all sorts of colours so it looks like the balloon house from 'Up'. It was a special day for all the obvious reasons (although clearly I'm not old enough to have a married little brother!) but it was one of the loveliest weddings to look at that I've been to. Kind of made me glad I'm not getting married as I'd want exactly the same thing and obviously couldn't have that!

• Like 5