Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

I want to make to Christmas tree ring thing with a strange name - I have a set of ring tins things that I bought about 5 years ago, they are in the cupboard untouched. The thing is, if I do make it now everyone will say 'oh you saw bake off too' :huh: and I shall feel diddled.

I want to make to Christmas tree ring thing with a strange name - I have a set of ring tins things that I bought about 5 years ago, they are in the cupboard untouched. The thing is, if I do make it now everyone will say 'oh you saw bake off too' :huh: and I shall feel diddled.

Go for it! Don't care what others think and am happy to taste test for you too!

Ooh not sure what you mean? Can't picture it. Was it this series?

• 2 weeks later...

Love that, Froglet! Also pleased that it's multiples of six. I get ridiculously peeved when I see folk have just folded paper into eighths!

I'm glad you checked! Actually, I confess to being really dense about getting sixths for ages - kept doing them in thirds until I realised I needed to make one more fold!

This is my back door which is the one I use most but as you can see not easy to put a wreath on so this is nice. I'm thinking of making snowflake garlands for my front room windows next year. They are straight on to the street but a bit too small for a tree really.

Edited by Froglet

loving the snowflake tree, do you cut hem freehand or do you draw out the shape onto the folded paper, they appear very symmetrical this year ours were a little adhoc as we just cut out any bits we felt like

For one of them I drew the shape (large one with the loops and circles at the bottom left) the others I cut freehand. I did google 'snowflake patterns ' to get a couple of ideas but then took them in my own direction. I did work really hard on getting the folds accurate which I think helped with the symmetry.

• Like 2

I'm glad you checked! Actually, I confess to being really dense about getting sixths for ages - kept doing them in thirds until I realised I needed to make one more fold!.

So what's your folding technique? I fold in half and then do the thirds bit like pieces of pie

I fold in half, then thirds then fold that in half - at least that's what I did this time, can't remember what I was doing when it didn't work!

Technically that's how I do it too Froglet, but it's getting the thirds accurate that I find tricky!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks ! I love making them but i only do it for friends and family as i just dont have time to do all the ones i'm asked to. It's not the best photo ...my favourite one ive made was for a friend who loves art ...i did him painting a naked lady on a chaise longue! (she had modesty knickers on!)

• 3 months later...

I just made these. I play an online version of scrabble with a friend and the other day beat her with a 208 point word. I had a triple triple word score with a J in. Told her I'd make cake to say sorry, asked what kind she wanted. She said "Surprise me!" So I am!

post-26037-0-69308100-1433070496_thumb.jpg

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 3

I just made these. I play an online version of scrabble with a friend and the other day beat her with a 208 point word. I had a triple triple word score with a J in. Told her I'd make cake to say sorry, asked what kind she wanted. She said "Surprise me!" So I am!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

slightly worried that the first word I found was suicide :wacko:

slightly worried that the first word I found was suicide :wacko:

Not sorry?! There's a whole tray of other letters too with the rest of the alphabet and a few extras. Except that I couldn't resist eating a spare R just to test them out!

• 1 month later...