Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

Delivered a cake for my daughter's birthday for her to take to work, then at least she could share cake with someone on her special day!  

Edit it to add that's it's gluten free, hence the xanthan gum, which you won't need if you're using muggle flour  xx

IMG_2734.PNG

IMG_4691.JPG

Edited by Cait
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Cait, my mouth is actually watering right now!

We didn't actually get to eat any of it either!  She said it was lush, and Annabelle at work squealed with pleasure!  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cait said:

Delivered a cake for my daughter's birthday for her to take to work, then at least she could share cake with someone on her special day!  

Edit it to add that's it's gluten free, hence the xanthan gum, which you won't need if you're using muggle flour  xx

IMG_2734.PNG

IMG_4691.JPG

I love the idea of muggle flour !:D

Fab cake!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Froglet said:

What a fun thing to do FM. A sneaky bite in the middle of a game could change the whole direction of play!

🤣the nearly 3 year old was struggling not to lick them all apparently!!

Thought they would be really fiddly but actually not bad in the end....their mum and dad got some gin and tonic cupcakes😉 he works for a major hospital 😟

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

I love the idea of muggle flour !:D

Fab cake!

Oops, I probably wasn't meant to let it out of the bag!  Shhhh, you didn't hear it from me! 😂😂😂😂😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zigzag said:

This is the first ever birthday cake in 27 years that my husband has made for me! Probably the last as well!

FE948E1D-03E8-421D-ADBE-3934EB9D3947.jpeg

Happy birthday..loving the presentation on the top of the tin lid...classy😉

What a lovely thing to do..can't  see my hubby doing that for me...🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zigzag said:

This is the first ever birthday cake in 27 years that my husband has made for me! Probably the last as well!

FE948E1D-03E8-421D-ADBE-3934EB9D3947.jpeg

Happy Birthday Zigzag.   I actually love this cake :) 

I handed my husband a Betty Crocker packet mix and suggested he tried making it- you'd have think I'd offered him a time bomb. He chucked it down and said he need to do something in garden..... a day later and some trellis I've be asking for for 2 years suddenly appearedxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Happy birthday..loving the presentation on the top of the tin lid...classy😉

😂Couldn't be bothered to try and dig out the cake stand from my nightmare cupboard! You know the one that I have been meaning to sort for the last five weeks!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

been married 40 years this year Zigzag and I'm still waiting, so I think he's done well😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

😂Couldn't be bothered to try and dig out the cake stand from my nightmare cupboard! You know the one that I have been meaning to sort for the last five weeks!

There's always tomorrow - at least that's what I tell myself when failing to get on with the million and one things that I could be doing!:ph34r:xD

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Oh, 40 years - me too this year- actually in a few weeks time :o ...............arh.. bet my family are going to throw a big surprise party xDxDxDxDxD

Looby Lou, so often in your posts I think we live in parallel universes, so very similar -   my anniversary is on the 30th August you never know our families  may yet get to have at least a meal in the same room! or garden when the time comes

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zigzag said:

That is one high maintenance loaf!  Hope it’s worth it! 

i probably should have started the first bit last night..then it would have been a bit more manageable. Have been cooking other things too today so just kept popping back to do the next stage. report for FM : not bad could do better, bit slow!:D (some things never change!)

• Haha 1