Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

7 minutes ago, Froglet said:

What blanket are making? Very impressed at your chair covering!

Don't be impressed they are only the seat part- each chair seems to have 5,000 staples that need removing though 😩

Blanket is Persian Tiles- Eastern Jewels colour way. I've never done an actually kit before but it saved my brain needing to choose the colours 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Don't be impressed they are only the seat part- each chair seems to have 5,000 staples that need removing though 😩

Blanket is Persian Tiles- Eastern Jewels colour way. I've never done an actually kit before but it saved my brain needing to choose the colours 😃

I know the one you mean, it’s stunning! Get making, I want to see it! 😉

19 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

sorry ive been quiet on here this week...have painted most of the house and now working on a cake creation for the weekend. Does painting the house count as an "our own makes"????😃

Definitely, my house is very overdue for some decorating! What kind of colours are you going for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I know the one you mean, it’s stunning! Get making, I want to see it! 😉

Definitely, my house is very overdue for some decorating! What kind of colours are you going for?

very subtle little green Tusk (sort of grey warm white!) its the bloomin gloss thats nearly killing me !! the fumes😝 trying to paint the stairwell was a bit of a feat . Our stairs go in a c shaped spiral with the result that the top right corner is a nightmare...resorted to a brush on a stick!!!

9 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

very subtle little green Tusk (sort of grey warm white!) its the bloomin gloss thats nearly killing me !! the fumes😝 trying to paint the stairwell was a bit of a feat . Our stairs go in a c shaped spiral with the result that the top right corner is a nightmare...resorted to a brush on a stick!!!

That sounds beautiful although painful. My stairs are straight but steep, I couldn’t do them and had to resort to getting someone else in to do them in the end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

sorry ive been quiet on here this week...have painted most of the house and now working on a cake creation for the weekend. Does painting the house count as an "our own makes"????😃

Definitely counts - well done fm!

• Like 2

On 30/07/2020 at 18:29, louby loo said:

I think they changed it a while a go, so post on 'chatty threads' no longer count. :) 

I don’t think the Lounge/Golden Time ones ever did count.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

Oh that's really sweet of you. The chap I made it for has incredibly bad depression....it made him smile that's all I could ask for 💝

I’m so very glad to hear that - you achieved a very special thing.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2020 at 13:28, finleysmaid said:

Oh that's really sweet of you. The chap I made it for has incredibly bad depression....it made him smile that's all I could ask for 💝

I know how rare those smiles can be, how hard the fight; but oh, that feeling you get when one comes, especially if it reaches their eyes.  The best reward.  X 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Love it :)   

I do like a teapot I really don't like bag in cup method of tea. Bag in pot is fine though.

I started using a teapot many years ago as a conscious attempt to slow life down a little.  Now I couldn't do without it (although I do still make herbal/fruit teas with a bag in a mug).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...