Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

33 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

i probably should have started the first bit last night..then it would have been a bit more manageable. Have been cooking other things too today so just kept popping back to do the next stage. report for FM : not bad could do better, bit slow!:D (some things never change!)

Easily distracted? 🤔

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

I had to order more kitkats so i have a few spare too....was short by one!:o:D (got them on delivery from the coop via deliveroo....they were here in 20 minutes!)

Deliveroo doesn't do my area :ph34r:.... yes I went away and actually looked it up.  I'm thinking putting a shout-out for kitkats on the village Facebook page is a bit off ? 

I was given a bar of dairy milk today though :) 

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

She is lovely! How did she get her name?

The designer whose book I have the pattern from names all her creatures. So far I have made Emma the bunny and Hank the sheep. I chose this one because the friend it is for is also called Natalie. She is moving in with her partner and there happens to be an animal with his name too so I’m going to make him too and give them as a pair. The designer writes a little character profile for each of her animals too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

The designer whose book I have the pattern from names all her creatures. So far I have made Emma the bunny and Hank the sheep. I chose this one because the friend it is for is also called Natalie. She is moving in with her partner and there happens to be an animal with his name too so I’m going to make him too and give them as a pair. The designer writes a little character profile for each of her animals too.

Oh that is such a lovely thing to do, I'm sure your friends will love them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

OOh can I have the name of the book please? 

2 minutes ago, GFCCCC said:

OOh can I have the name of the book please? 

Of course! She has several. Edward’s menagerie was the first. The two I’m working on at the moment are from ‘Edward’s Menagerie The new collection’.

If you order from her website: www.toftuk.com you often get bonus digital mini patterns. She has a dogs book too...

• Like 1

How do you get on with the assembly of the bits?  I was looking at the reviews for them and a few people complain that whilst the instructions are good for the making, the assembly instructions aren’t good.   

Looking at the start of this thread, I began it when I had 9000 posts.  I see that I have fewer than that now, so was there a recount? 🤔

Edited by Cait

17 minutes ago, Cait said:

How do you get on with the assembly of the bits?  I was looking at the reviews for them and a few people complain that whilst the instructions are good for the making, the assembly instructions aren’t good.   

I went and read some of the reviews and I can see what they mean but so far I’ve found them mostly  ok. She has done some great videos both for specific techniques and for stuffing/stitching up which I found really helpful. It can be hard to figure out the positioning of eyes, ears and noses, you need to rely on the pictures to help and they’re not always taken at the angle you need! Having said that I think that individual ‘quirks’ are what give them personality.  Some reviewers said that there was no direction on angle or direction of head positioning but I just put them on facing forwards! Maybe I’m a bit too hasty?! 

I have also emailed before to ask a question and got a prompt and helpful reply.

Edited by Froglet

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Looking at the start of this thread, I began it when I had 9000 posts.  I see that I have fewer than that now, so was there a recount? 🤔

I think they changed it a while a go, so post on 'chatty threads' no longer count. :) 

8 hours ago, Froglet said:

My latest finished creation - Natalie the otter. Soon to be part of a housewarming present.

A11C4AD1-787C-4988-B9DE-6CB8E4AB8293.jpeg

He's beautiful 😍

My makes so far this holiday- two dinning room chairs covered. Masks made for friends and family, and the crochet blanket still in the kit pack unopened 🤣

Just now, louby loo said:

He's beautiful 😍

My makes so far this holiday- two dinning room chairs covered. Masks made for friends and family, and the crochet blanket still in the kit pack unopened 🤣

What blanket are making? Very impressed at your chair covering!