Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf Software Upgrade

Steve

Hi all -

This is to let you know that later this week we will be upgrading our forum software, and consequently there will be a period of possibly a few hours when you will be unable to login, read or post messages. We currently intend to carry this upgrade out on Wednesday morning, although this may change if circumstances dictate.

This is going to be quite a significant change, and the forum area will look slightly different afterwards. I'll be posting again with more detail on this and a few pictures so you're not too disorientated. Hopefully, if we have done our work properly, you'll find it is still pretty familiar, and there will be a number of new features which we hope you'll enjoy! :o

Thank-you for the advance warning............... I have started my deep breathing exercises already!!! :( :( :(

It is important to read Steve's post carefully louby "a few hours".....not days or weeks just hours :o :wacko: xD

You're gonna love it when it's back though....all shiny and new although the lord and master has done his best to make it look familiar too so you can still find all your favourite things xD :rolleyes:

I am sure sunnyday had a linked one.. from what I remember hers was the only one that worked a while ago when we all had avatar issues..

looking good, will take a bit of getting used to, now I have found my new posts link I will be happy. There are still a lot of little boxes where pictures or images seem to be missing, so far under Steve, Maz, and Jacquie names at the side..and the smilies but I am sure they will be sorted..

now there is one under my name too..

my cat now looks very fat!

Edited by Inge

Wow, that wasnt as scarey as I thought it was going to be at first sight. Looks very swank. Maz, I very briefly thought you said bra! Sorry :o

P.S Where's the banana and the bouncing smiley?

It looks very posh! It might just be me but when I click on the "go to first unread post" button it just takes me to the first post in a thread, not the first one I haven't read.

Hi all,

I've been assisting Steve with the upgrade. Thankfully, it's been pretty smooth so far!

If you do spot anything, please let me know.

Don't worry about older posts (older than this afternoon) appearing broken. I'm running a program that is fixing those up currently. It'll take a good few more hours to finish.

Thanks!

• Like 1

We do need a round of applause smiley for Matt (another Matt - I try to ensure all the technical gurus working on the FSF are called Matt!).

He's done all the difficult work today, giving me time to sit around and gibber quietly. Many thanks Matt - a real major piece of work today and during the build up!

• Like 1

Oh help I can't fine 'view new posts' tried the view new content but it said there is no new content to display.

Not moaning at all but I am a creature of habit and every night I go to view new posts to see what I have missed and now I am lost!

It does all look very smart though and i remembered to wipe my feet on the way in. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)