Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Children Say

Shhhhh - don't tell everyone :lol:

Cosy knickers and waterproofs are the order of the day here today - weather is dire :(

And therein lies a new knitting project.... ;) If it makes you feel any better I've just put the fire on and am really wishing I had some cosy knickers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back at granny and grandpas after a long day and my niece said 'Aunty Froglet' let's play schools. She was (obviously) the teacher and had us all in stitches as she had all the mannerisms down pat; including a slightly exasperated tone and look and "quickly " when one of us asked to go to the toilet.

The high point though was when we had to do our lunch choices for the school trip.

Sandwiches: tuna, ham or cheese

Fruit: apple, satsuma or grapes

Drink: black currant, apple juice, water or Prosecco!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So one of our littlies has just had a baby sister to add to the family as Mum they were having a discussion about getting an au-pair to help out

Little girl looking very cross about this...

"But Mummy" she says " I don't like mango and pears!"

• Like 4

My niece got her first ever prize for dancing yesterday. Freestyle (or as her mum put it - boogieing!). She was very happy and face timed me this morning to tell me about. She ended with this:

J (her big brother) was so proud of me he smiled up to his eyes!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

So chatting to the children today, my colleague was asking them about what their parents did for a job....little girl said to her my daddy does drawing ......as we know he's a builder we assumed she meant plans....so the next questions my colleague asked was Oh what does he draw at work? she hesitated for a second and then said "pictures of you!!!!!" :o:o:o:P:P:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So chatting to the children today, my colleague was asking them about what their parents did for a job....little girl said to her my daddy does drawing ......as we know he's a builder we assumed she meant plans....so the next questions my colleague asked was Oh what does he draw at work? she hesitated for a second and then said "pictures of you!!!!!" :o:o:o:P:P:P

Love it! Should we ask what colour your colleague's face went?! ;)

One of our little girls that has gone off to school came back for lunch today. Her aunty is one of our assistants and I said, maybe when you have one of your inset days you can come back to pre-school for the morning. She then asked "what if I can't find any insects?"

• Like 2

One of our little girls that has gone off to school came back for lunch today. Her aunty is one of our assistants and I said, maybe when you have one of your inset days you can come back to pre-school for the morning. She then asked "what if I can't find any insects?"

Oh that is so sweet

Out for a walk the other day and little boy points to a plant that looks similar to Lavender and says (or so we thought) "we put this in pop socks". Lovely, I thought, they have been making smelly bags. Emailed Mum to tell her as had not seen her at collection time. Received an email from her the next morning to say "pork chops" the little boy had been helping prepare dinner and they had picked rosemary to put on the pork chops!! Still laughing at how we must have misheard him and put our own interpretation on what we thought he had said.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

5a5e5ff42aa2c_sandf.jpg.e69d573e68f42056f079264cacc0ee51.jpg

So this was the picture one of my littlies did today. If you didn't recognise it ...it is of course Finley and myself!!!

conversation went like this.

Little girl.....i can't find the colour of your hair

Me try adding a bit of white to the brown

little girl....no that's still not right

Me ...hum add a bit more white

After several more splashes of white...oh that's better she said!

BLOOMIN CHEEK!!!:D

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...