Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Children Say

I've also had the little girl who re-told the nativity using a selection of finger puppets. When I asked who was in her story she said "Joseph, Mary, an angel and a reindeer". A little surprised I queried 'reindeer'? And then she explained that the reindeer was pretending to be a donkey because there wasn't a donkey puppet!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We have a group snack time for all our rooms during December so that we can sing some festive songs and open the giant advent calendar. One morning this week, one of our 3 year olds was asked what song she would like to sing and replied "rice pancakes".

Took us ages to work out she meant "Dance like snowflakes"!

• Like 1

Just looking back over a video observation I had of a little boy in my class which reminded me of something I wanted to share with you. He is a very able little boy academically but has various behaviour 'challenges' we are working on. He currently has a card where his achievements get acknowledged with consequent rewards at different points. We were discussing it and I had just explained to him that 2, 4, 6 and 8 were even numbers. His reply...

They are not nice numbers?

I hastily replied that I had said 'even' not evil!! All the while trying not to chuckle out loud!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We've been doing lots about the 3 little pigs story....one of my older girls drew a lovely picture of the three houses the wolf and the 3 little pigs.....one of which was striped....I asked why he was stripy " because he's camouflaged so that the wolf can't see him! (laughing as she told me!) Oh I said winking is he disguised as a tiger? "NO don't be silly a zebra" ::1a :lol:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

seem to be taking over this thread........!

I was chalking with a little Russian girl this afternoon drawing plates and adding food. She followed me up the garden and started to draw another she announced clearly chicken nuggets as she drew I then added chips she then added small ball shapes and shouted "penis" ...she meant peas :rolleyes: :wub: ::1a

• Like 6

oh and have just had a parent ring to say their child has been sick and she said we had fed her fish at school (!unlikely we only do snacks)....somewhat confused ! Mother then carries on to say that she said it was prawns and perhaps we hadn't cooked them properly (why is it always our fault????!!!)

Deputy who took the phone call was a bit confused...no we don't give them fish......we gave them pear ......oh hang on a minute they had little fish crackers!!!!!!

instead of laughing parent said oh she must have eaten too many ....

Hummm cant win !

• Like 3

seem to be taking over this thread........!

:1a

Don't worry you aren't. I used to feel like that but clearly this year's class just aren't as funny!

I did have one little boy who kept telling me some other boys were touching the stinker. Turned out he meant fire extinguisher!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

One of my lovely little girls - at the play-dough table - 'making faces' - my deputy asked her

"what do we need eyes for"

Quick as a flash she answered

"to make our drinks cold"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly just what my G&T will need later!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

4 year old girl - A

A: did you know my rabbit died because a wild rabbit got into the garden and made it poorly

Me: oh that's very sad

A: I can't remember what it was called 'what' it had

Me: was it myxomatosis

A: oh no, I know it was tonsillitis

:wacko: :blink: ::1a :lol:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Staying with sister the last couple of days. I got up and went downstairs with my book one morning. My niece (4) looked across at me and then disappeared returning a couple of minutes later with half a dozen Mr Men and Little Miss books. She smiled at me and asked "Can you read with your mouth?"

Apparently her mum and big brother had been talking about reading out loud or in your head.

She and I were also making pretend 'Orange soup' in the park one afternoon. We were stirring away and then she went to get some more ingredients: card, coranda and multi-cheese. I thought she was just making things up but it turned out she meant "chard, coriander and melted cheese"!

• Like 4

outside today I had 'planted' a range of veg for the children to dig up and explore. In the mix were small leeks. Young lad came and ask me what they were....I said "smell it" then my colleague asked what it was he said "oh its a smellit!!!!!" :wacko: :blink: :ph34r:

must be more careful how I say things ::1a

• Like 2

Love it FM! Apparently when I was little I used to ask for some "heeyahs". They were raisins - my mum often gave me a few when she was baking saying "Here you are." As she did so and I thought "heeyahs" was their name!

• Like 2

Just read a great one on Facebook. Nana walking in a shop with granddaughter. Granddaughter sees a pile of long draught excluders "What are those nana?" "They are for stopping draughts getting under doors". Granddaughter stops, hands on hips. "Nana, why would giraffes be coming in under the doors?!?!"

• Like 4

I moved to Norfolk from Essex and had not yet got used to the accent.

In my year 2 class we were thinking of lots of 'ooo' words - the sound, not the spelling. The children were coming up with all sorts of examples. One boy piped up with 'acoustic'

'Fantastic word' said I, 'Does anyone know what 'acoustic' means?'

The answer came back 'It's what you play snooker with'...

• Like 6

I moved to Norfolk from Essex and had not yet got used to the accent.

In my year 2 class we were thinking of lots of 'ooo' words - the sound, not the spelling. The children were coming up with all sorts of examples. One boy piped up with 'acoustic'

'Fantastic word' said I, 'Does anyone know what 'acoustic' means?'

The answer came back 'It's what you play snooker with'...

This gave me a laugh out loud moment - absolutely love it! :1b

• Like 1

I had a lovely discussion with one of our 3yrs about the Queen... The only problem was he was convinced it was his grandma on the photo! Even when mum picked him up he told her!

I think my dad truly looks like Father Christmas... (apologies Sunnyday for mentioning the C word!)

• Like 1

I had a lovely discussion with one of our 3yrs about the Queen... The only problem was he was convinced it was his grandma on the photo! Even when mum picked him up he told her!

My grand daughter decided at about 3 years old that the lady on the money looked like her Gt Grandma Edna, ever since we have called paper money Nanny Ednas! To be sure it's that hairstyle I think.

• Like 4

I think my dad truly looks like Father Christmas... (apologies Sunnyday for mentioning the C word!)

Oh my word - it's June, JUNE - no more mentions until end of November please, thank you :o :lol:

Ah but how lovely to have a dad that looks like 'Santa' - you see what I did there? :rolleyes:

• Like 1