Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Children Say

• 3 weeks later...

two boys today having an arguement one wanting to put a piece of wood on the construction the other wanting to top it off with a timer (!) . Did the comic thing or going at it for a while until i had no choice but to intervene. "now boys we can't behave with our friends like this...how do you think we could sort it out.

!st boy looks blankly at me

2nd boy looked me in the eye with a steely gaze "FIGHT" he said loudlyO.o

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 04/12/2020 at 16:00, sunnyday said:

Snowing here today....

One of my little boys said "it's snowing but it's not Christmas yet because baby Jesus isn't on the roof"

Think he is a little mixed up 🤣

I don’t know about that in my personal experience at this time of year Baby Jesus can regularly be found in a cupboard, on a shelf and occasionally in a bin bag! Why not on the roof?! 😉

• Haha 1

Lesson today...

Me: Why might people put stars on mince pies at Christmas time?

J: Because the wise men made biscuits and put stars on the top to take to Baby Jesus!

and...

A boy brings me his picture and apologetically says “Miss Froglet, I got a little bit of snot on it!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 7 months later...

Not so much a 'funny things children say' but more of a 'how do i answer this one!"

My little granddaughter  told me:

"Alexa is very clever she listens but hasn't got any ears and she talks but she hasn't even got a mouth. How does she do that?"

Answers on a postcard......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

so we have a pretty international group this year with two Italian children one of which is tricky at lunch time ! it has become a bit of a joke that we say "mangiare" in a terrible Italian accent! 

We have a little polish girl who was telling her Mum about all the English words she was learning ....she announced proudly in polish that she knew the word for eating in English was Mangiare!😜😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My reception teacher told me today that after listening to the creation story in RE one little girl was devastated because God hadn’t made houses. Her teacher explained that in the story God made the people who made the houses. “Oh, God must have made the hard hats then!”

• Haha 2