Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer holiday 2018

sunnyday

I'm free! :D

Usual apologies to those who don't get a break...….

Thought we should have a thread to share what we are up to (or not up to as the case may be!)

Finished today with a lovely picnic!

As always I have an extensive TDL - but I will not be looking at/thinking about that until next week at the earliest :ph34r: for now it's a case of show me to my sun lounger!xD

We've just had the last of five 'Little Leavers' ceremonies. We have the last of three Family Fun days tomorrow, After school club party on Wednesday, After School Club Summer Trip Thursday and then inset day Friday (First Aid Training). Then all the term time staff finish and the rest of us get stuck into Maintenance and catching up with admin. and accounts :(

Edited by GFCCCC

I'm in for a few days this week putting the TDL together then have 2 fab weeks away from it all.

Exciting start to September as we are offering longer days and all sorts of combinations.  Bit scary but...

Will be watching during the summer for tips, guidance and fun.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GFCCCC said:

We've just had the last of five 'Little Leavers' ceremonies. We have the last of three Family Fun days tomorrow, After school club party on Wednesday, After School Club Summer Trip Thursday and then inset day Friday (First Aid Training). Then all the term time staff finish and the rest of us get stuck into Maintenance and catching up with admin. and accounts :(

Oh my goodness - do you get a break at all?

Did I say that I wasn't going to engage with my TDL at all :ph34r: I found myself 'finishing off' two Learning folders and submitting my milk claim - right - that is it - I mean it this time I am giving myself the rest of the week off xD

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my goodness - do you get a break at all?

I'm having a week off in August and then a lovely long three weeks off in October. I don't mind working through school holidays because we only have a dozen children each day and it's so quiet that we get loads of work done. Hope you all have a great summer, whatever you're doing.

• Like 1

Well we are finished boy was that hot today.   Quite ugly early on because 3 of the children found it very hard to cope with how different the start to the morning was, and so many parents hanging about for so long.

Anyhoo - that was our last session, we closed today - have contacted Ofsted this afternoon and done things officially.   I will be going in tomorrow and a few more days this week tidying up and still selling resources, then no TDL except for "normal life"

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Panders said:

Well we are finished boy was that hot today.   Quite ugly early on because 3 of the children found it very hard to cope with how different the start to the morning was, and so many parents hanging about for so long.

Anyhoo - that was our last session, we closed today - have contacted Ofsted this afternoon and done things officially.   I will be going in tomorrow and a few more days this week tidying up and still selling resources, then no TDL except for "normal life"

:o   ......... was this planned?  I am in shock!

22 minutes ago, Panders said:

:(:(:( - obvs I knew - but I still feel really sad about this

Please don't disappear from the forum

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

:o   ......... was this planned?  I am in shock!

Yes planned Loubyloo  but, obviously there was the final push - which came down to low numbers for September this year, decisions needed to be made, so we took those back at Easter, my parents all stood together and those children who were about to start funding remained, so that allowed us to do one final term.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

:(:(:( - obvs I knew - but I still feel really sad about this

Please don't disappear from the forum

Cant get rid of me that easily Sunnyday, however, how much real use I would be now is another thing.   But I am as ever, interested in people and what they say, so \I don't intend to leave the forum.

• Like 6

Was thinking of you today Panders.  Cannot begin to imagine how hard it was.  We had sports day and a leavers presentation today and it was fabulous. Loads of parents and grandparents and was just lovely.  Last day tomorrow which will be very sad as we are saying cheerio to such a brilliant group of children. Think my TDL will wait until we either get rainy days or days when it is just too hot to be outside!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Panders said:

Panders  Sorry to hear.  Can't imagine how hard that decision was for you.  You have been full of helpful advice and a support.  Thank you.  Please stay here you Sunny and many others have kept me giggling over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LKeyteach said:

Panders  Sorry to hear.  Can't imagine how hard that decision was for you.  You have been full of helpful advice and a support.  Thank you.  Please stay here you Sunny and many others have kept me giggling over the years.

scuse me I am always deadly serious :ph34r:xDxD

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

So lovely lazy start to the day - but then - I just can't help myself...…...have ticked a couple of thing off the old TDL - nothing major just paid accountant and emailed over payroll details for 3rd August - enough now - put the list away and get my book out! :)

Really need to go and water the polytunnel but can't leave the house as I'm waiting for a delivery - had one of those updates saying 'Boris will deliver your parcel between 10:21 and 11:21 - ahem no sign of Boris yet

• Like 1

:D:D hope Boris has arrived by now    Sometimes I get e mails and texts about the same delivery just hilarious how much these companies feel we need to be informed, must be the younger generation who live on their phones who feel the need.

I was phoned 3 times twice by the same person within 24 hours to make an appointment with GP - 3rd time |'m ashamed to say it was obvious I thought it rather odd, staff said that the receptionist would have "heard" I was being polite through gritted teeth:D:D

• Like 1

All finished.  Very sad but happy at the same time!  I got as far as moving all the rugs into the next room ready to give the floor a very good clean and then I ran out of enthusiasm and thought it can wait until another day!  My TDL is long as always and I never know whether to spend the rest of the week getting it done and dusted or leave it and do it on odd days through the holiday!  Think this year may be the days when it’s to hot to be outside that work stuff happens.  The veg garden has gone crazy so am madly picking, blanching and freezing as well as giving it to all the neighbours!  The wine making starts tomorrow!

• Like 2

Made it! Last day and party today. Very sad as deputy leaving. Not just us but childcare all together. Such a shame.

Panders - really sorry to read about your news. We are hanging on from one year to the next as so many groups are. Are you hoping to stay in childcare?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

scuse me I am always deadly serious :ph34r:xDxD

Well deadly something! ;):P

Panders, really sorry to hear your news and please do stay around, someone needs to help me manage Sunnyday! :ph34r:

I have one more hot, sticky and probably a bit grumpy day to get through then I’ll join you here with a vengeance!

• Like 3

Oh Panders, I am also sorry to read your news :-(, though happy to hear you are not leaving us,  we are also lower than the norm for Sept, an unusually low school cohort for next yr but hoping it will sort itself out :-/ 

Best wishes for whatever you are planning on doing next (or not if that’s the case).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lsp said:

Made it! Last day and party today. Very sad as deputy leaving. Not just us but childcare all together. Such a shame.

Panders - really sorry to read about your news. We are hanging on from one year to the next as so many groups are. Are you hoping to stay in childcare?

Probably not in any great capacity, bit of volunteer work maybe

• Like 3

Panders, I remember my last day well, although it wasn't the last day for the whole preschool of course.   Volunteering is good - I've learned all sorts of other, very useful skills, well out of the field of childcare!  

I wish you every success in whatever you do next - but have a well deserved break first.

( by the way, you'll still find yourself looking at 'useful things' in shops for a good long while yet!) 😂 

Edited by Cait
  • Like 5

Well I'm up! 'Slothing' on the sofa - just thinking about moving.  The plan is to go into work this week and start sorting, clearing and cleaning.  I would like to add that this plan has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is air conditioning there ........ honestly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, sunnyday said:

So lovely lazy start to the day - but then - I just can't help myself...…...have ticked a couple of thing off the old TDL - nothing major just paid accountant and emailed over payroll details for 3rd August - enough now - put the list away and get my book out! :)

Really need to go and water the polytunnel but can't leave the house as I'm waiting for a delivery - had one of those updates saying 'Boris will deliver your parcel between 10:21 and 11:21 - ahem no sign of Boris yet

Well Boris Johnson managed to get a new job fast didn't he xD:PxD

• Haha 4

I'm still waiting for my 'mad bust of energ' to arrive....    "Boris, Boris... where are you with my delivery?"

I did have a bit of a spurt on on Monday, thought I'd give the house a good tidy/declutter  before spending the afternoon lazing.. kept thinking I was already really hot,  then checked and it was actually  30c at 12 midday!

• Like 2

Well I got into the veg garden at 7:30 this morning and did a couple of hours before it got too hot.  Then planted a beautiful plant that one of my little ones gave me yesterday, will smile and think of her every time I look at it.  Then inside as it was so hot to make some yummy salad accompaniments to go with tea, made roasted honey butternut squash and feta, cranberry couscous and potato salad 😋 Now off to do battle on the tourist filled roads to the dentist🙁 God knows why I booked the dentist on the first day of the holiday!

6 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well I got into the veg garden at 7:30 this morning and did a couple of hours before it got too hot.  Then planted a beautiful plant that one of my little ones gave me yesterday, will smile and think of her every time I look at it.  Then inside as it was so hot to make some yummy salad accompaniments to go with tea, made roasted honey butternut squash and feta, cranberry couscous and potato salad 😋 Now off to do battle on the tourist filled roads to the dentist🙁 God knows why I booked the dentist on the first day of the holiday!

At least it's over and done with. Salads sound fab - butternut squash and feta - yum

• Like 1