Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer holiday 2018

sunnyday

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Our first day went well :) only 12 children but 5 of those were newbies so it all felt quite busy - all happy and settled well so very pleased about that :)

I don't work on Wednesdays, so this feels like a nice easy way to get back into things...….

well done... interested? ….how do you manage your new starters when they start together? (we only start one at a time) I keep thinking of changing itbut we don't do home visits so sometimes this is the first time we are meeting them!

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

well done... interested? ….how do you manage your new starters when they start together? (we only start one at a time) I keep thinking of changing itbut we don't do home visits so sometimes this is the first time we are meeting them!

Hi fm - we have had three staff today for just twelve children + all of these newbies had attended at least one taster session back in July and don't forget that I only take three year olds - I wouldn't want 5 new 2 year olds in one session :ph34r:xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 19:20, finleysmaid said:

funny how you get so used to doing something one way, good to think out of my box sometimes! glad they all did well I tend to find if you get one upset it sets the lot off!:bananas:

Pleased to report that the 'newbies' were all back today for their second session ……… all came in confidently - phew!

Note to self: do not go out on school nights :ph34r: and if you do, definitely don't drink any alcohol xD Mr S and I went to see 'Seven Drunken Nights' a stage show about The Dubliners - was brilliant but really not a good idea for a Wednesday evening! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pleased to hear you’re all having a good start to the term :-) 

we also bring new starters  in together, might be a couple a session or 6 depending on what days parents have booked, we don’t do home visits either but do offer a couple of open afternoons when our school group visit their new school, we try and allocate key persons before so we can half one week and half the next, a couple of staff meet their new key chn and parents whilst the other staff look after the remaining chn and then swap over the next week.

sunnyday I also find myself thinking ‘I know I have a late night tomorrow I best get an earlier night tonight’...when the heck did that happen ???

• Haha 1

On 02/09/2018 at 23:11, Mouseketeer said:

That’s a late summer finish zigzag, we are doing 

Aut - 14

Spring - 12 (11 funded) just have to remember to offer any increasing for the summer term  the extra for the last week of spring.

Summer - 12 (13 funded) 

Well I asked our LA if we could do a bit of 'week swapping' this year and they said yes! As long as we are clear with our parents and they all get the correct funded weeks.

We have shifted one summer week forward to make our Spring term 12 weeks. However as our LA has only offered 12 weeks this summer, this now means it's 11weeks for us and we will finish on the 12th July- staff more than happy as they can get a cheaper holiday :)

• Like 2

I get worried when I read threads like this.....perhaps our LEA is so laid back it's horizontal! as long as we do our hours across the year we don't seem to have any issues with WHEN we do it. I tend to stick to the local school term times but i'm beginning to wonder if i've missed something!:o

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

I get worried when I read threads like this.....perhaps our LEA is so laid back it's horizontal! as long as we do our hours across the year we don't seem to have any issues with WHEN we do it. I tend to stick to the local school term times but i'm beginning to wonder if i've missed something!:o

I contacted our Funding team to Ok our term times and they were absolutely fine about it.  Maybe the best way forward is for them to just fund the 38 weeks for the year rather than stipulating the weeks funded each term.  I don’t know why but I found it tricky this year!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zigzag said:

I contacted our Funding team to Ok our term times and they were absolutely fine about it.  Maybe the best way forward is for them to just fund the 38 weeks for the year rather than stipulating the weeks funded each term.  I don’t know why but I found it tricky this year!

Well ours more or less said that any changes are viewed as a 'stretched hours' offer, so I guess as long as everyone gets there correct hours they don't really care. xD

6 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well ours more or less said that any changes are viewed as a 'stretched hours' offer, so I guess as long as everyone gets there correct hours they don't really care. xD

so that's interesting ...are they trying to encourage you to charge then?

4 hours ago, zigzag said:

Tricky this year because of strange timing for Easter I think - took me ages to work mine out - it was sound advice from louby that made me manage in the end :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1