Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer holiday 2018

sunnyday

Slightly off topic - but this made me smile today! When my DIL collected the children:

Me: they have both been so good with their drinks

DIL: that's good, I'm wondering if my headaches that I am putting down to lack of sleep might be because I'm dehydrated

Me: oh yes could be, what does your wee look like?

DIL: <giving me a very funny look> I don't know, I don't look at it

Me: well you really do need to

DIL: hmm if you say so

xDxDxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Inge said:

Somerset is still hot but cloudy, we were on the beach at 7am to make the most of the cool weather before the tourists arrive, the place has been so busy recently , so we make the most of early and late.

I feel your pain Inge, I tend to be one of those people who stays as close to home as possible during the six weeks holiday.  The roads are so busy and unpleasant it makes going anywhere a nightmare and when you do go somewhere you can’t park unless you get there so early!  E have just had a bit more rain but think we may be having rain and gales on Sunday😟

37 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

not sure we’ll be seeing the blood moon tonight. 

we definitely wont, far too cloudy,no rain ....yet.. Weekend is looking like a break in the weather, Sunday being a rain all day forecast, My garden will heave a sigh of relief.. even if I wont. Saw far too much rain this winter.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Panders said:

did anyone see the blood moon??  cloudy here, never saw a bean!

No moon sighting - but very happy with the rain action! :D

That beautiful baby boy will be back with us today for a few hours - lovely! :)

12 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I could get used to these little afternoon naps :ph34r: xD

Well some of us have been slaving away all day!  Big room change around (why does it always look worse before it looks better?) and a big clean.  Back tomorrow to finish off, then attack the paperwork.☹️

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well some of us have been slaving away all day!  Big room change around (why does it always look worse before it looks better?) and a big clean.  Back tomorrow to finish off, then attack the paperwork.☹️

I really need to motivate myself to do something productive  re- the preschool.    

This time last year I didn't really expect to still be open this year - and to be honest although I've 'kept-up' with paperwork etc, I haven't actually  'moved forward' with anything. I really need to get my act together. As we had to re-register obviously we will be having a visit so I do need to get moving!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Super effort there zigzag!

I did cross a couple of items off the old TDL before my little sleep - honest! xD

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

We are off to London tomorrow - hospital for Mr S (who is doing very well) - hopefully we can turn it into a bit of a 'jolly' once we have the appointment out of the way :)

Fingers crossed that all goes well and that you have an enjoyable day.🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

Do you know, I spent best part of last week, during the heatwave, I might add, clearing out the setting, on reflection it has made me feel really good - wish I had done similar in years past, just not quite so much stuff obviously.   But all the cupboards emptied out and only the stuff we really use constantly to have gone back in would have been very good for me,  not saying annually, but certainly bi-annually would have  been enough on  this grand scale, and yes Zigzag at one point on day 2 I thought I would never get through it all:D:D the place was an organised mess.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Panders said:

Do you know, I spent best part of last week, during the heatwave, I might add, clearing out the setting, on reflection it has made me feel really good - wish I had done similar in years past, just not quite so much stuff obviously.   But all the cupboards emptied out and only the stuff we really use constantly to have gone back in would have been very good for me,  not saying annually, but certainly bi-annually would have  been enough on  this grand scale, and yes Zigzag at one point on day 2 I thought I would never get through it all:D:D the place was an organised mess.  

I know what you mean. We totally emptied our cupboard at Easter, it was a mammoth task which I did with my daughter rather than staff as she is more detached from a lot of the c**p we had. We got rid of loads, but we still have far to much, to be honest I think we both got tired towards the end and just started to put things back to get the job done. What's not  really helped is we have just been given another big donation of children's toys- which is kind but.... :(:):)

My issue is things like this - We have been given some nice big toy trucks. They are lovely and shiny and new looking,   and we have some really old big trucks that look like they should have been chucked many years ago- they are faded and scratched - but the children really seem to like the old ones!  Added to that new plastic really doesn't seem to last and do not seem to hold up the everyday day wear of a packaway. Therefore I have kept both!  

In an ideal world I'd like to start from scratch and by all new high quality resources all wood and chuck everything else.

I totally 'get' what you are saying about the quality of toys. I bought this garage in a junk shop in 2000 for my son. So it was 2nd hand when we bought it - he played with it, my next son played with it and it has now had 10 years in our toddler room. Apart from a few crayon 'decorations' it is in brilliant condition - all the ramps and the lifts still work perfectly. The picture isn't 'our' garage it's a Googled one! 

fisher price garage.png

• Like 3