Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas on the forum

catma

Ooh deccies - I only have my wooden advent calendar up at the moment - I generally don't get my personal Christmas going until the pre-school one is under wraps so tree etc. won't be going up until the weekend before Christmas at home but I enjoy it that way as I start to feel a bit less frazzled and more in the Christmas spirit.

Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas with you and yours and a joyous New Year xxx

• Like 4

They look lovely. Merry Christmas and thank you!! I am just beginning to feel a little festive - have the radio on in the background playing lovely carols and am making a list of '12 treats of Christmas' to give as presents to various friends - I need 2 more ideas at the moment!

They look lovely. Merry Christmas and thank you!! I am just beginning to feel a little festive - have the radio on in the background playing lovely carols and am making a list of '12 treats of Christmas' to give as presents to various friends - I need 2 more ideas at the moment!

can we help at all?

can we help at all?

Aaah, thank you - I think I've done it. My treats are as follows:

1. satsuma - obligatory for a stocking!

2. brazil nut in its shell - it's a treat if you ever actually crack it!

3. chocolate coin

4. and 5. Sandalwood scented tealight - for the treat of candlelight and nice Christmas smells!

6. a jingle bell decoration.

7. a lucky penny

8. homemade cheese and walnut biscuits

9. homemade fudge

10. homemade gingerbread man

11. a snowflake - because it's a treat if we do get snow at Christmas.

12. sellotape - because in my house it's a treat if you can ever actually find it when you need it!

• Like 3

Aaah, thank you - I think I've done it. My treats are as follows:

1. satsuma - obligatory for a stocking!

2. brazil nut in its shell - it's a treat if you ever actually crack it!

3. chocolate coin

4. and 5. Sandalwood scented tealight - for the treat of candlelight and nice Christmas smells!

6. a jingle bell decoration.

7. a lucky penny

8. homemade cheese and walnut biscuits

9. homemade fudge

10. homemade gingerbread man

11. a snowflake - because it's a treat if we do get snow at Christmas.

12. sellotape - because in my house it's a treat if you can ever actually find it when you need it!

I think I need to become your friend lol :1b

What a lovely idea - so thoughtful and personal.

• Like 1

I think I need to become your friend lol :1b

What a lovely idea - so thoughtful and personal.

You'd be very welcome - I could do with lots! These are for colleagues at school. I love doing this kind of thing and haven't for ages - new year's resolution is to make more time for the things I like to do!

• Like 2

How lovely to log on to the forum and see the pretty lights and decorations! I'm not a massive fan of Christmas due to a husband who worked in food retail and is always stressed and this year has been pretty horrible to be honest! But the homepage really cheered me up so thanks for that :)

• Like 1

I would like to wish everyone on the forum a pleasant and peaceful Christmas and New Year.

I will be thinking of those facing their first Christmas missing someone special to them. We have a new angel on our tree in memory of someone special to us who was taken far too soon.

We will also be thankful for the fact that our beautiful daughter has managed to extricate herself from a relationship that threatened to destroy her. Having her safe at Christmas is the best gift I could have asked for. My gift to myself will be a donation to a charity that supports victims of domestic abuse.

I’ve wrapped all the presents already (unheard of for me. I’m usually still at it at midnight on Christmas Eve), the cards are posted, the shopping list is written and the tree is up. We don’t have a child attending school this year so there’s no end of term stress/costumes/class Christmas cards/non-uniform days to worry about. It’s all feeling quite peaceful already.

I’m worried I may have to be brave and tackle some housework so the place is clean and tidy for when the family descend. Surely there’s something else I could do?

• Like 7