Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow?

sunnyday

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

So wonder who is going to see snow this weekend.........

Mr S said that he heard on the radio and I quote "we are in for 3 weeks of freak weather, with heavy snow and temps of -14" :o

I have suggested that he should stop listening to the radio xD :lol: xD

I don't 'do' cold and/or snow :ph34r:

• Like 6

Guest sn0wdr0p

Just looked at the ten day forcast and sadly none for us. My boys are very disappointed as Father Christmas brought them some sledges. We don't often get snow here near the East Coast of Yorkshire. When love going to Dalby Forest when it snows as there is a great hill to go sledging down.

Just looked at the ten day forcast and sadly none for us. My boys are very disappointed as Father Christmas brought them some sledges. We don't often get snow here near the East Coast of Yorkshire. When love going to Dalby Forest when it snows as there is a great hill to go sledging down.

Ah right so there's another option for my move.....East coast of Yorkshire :1b

Hope you do get some for your boys! :1b

• Like 1

Each weather forcast I check seems different. :blink:

One says snow showers for us mon- thurs .......showers?... hope that just means flurries- that I can deal with :D ::1a

another says just Sunday..... again I 'might' deal with this if it goes by Monday morning :D ::1a

Just before early December we had total gridlock and it took my over an hour to get three miles :o:( (sudden over night downfall)

Well I'm off to Dublin for a long weekend and I'd really rather not get stranded at the airport if there's going to be lots of snow. I love the snow, but it isn't nearly as much fun as when my nursery was still open - somehow children making igloos and snowmen and drinking hot chocolate whilst their clothes dry out made the trudge to work worthwhile.

So if it does snow, and I don't get stranded I'll be looking to visit any local groups who might like an extra pair of hands to help with snowball making! :1b

• Like 5

I want to relocate to the Bahamas (or similar) - sunshine, sunshine and no need for a coat.

Wait for me........

I can quite see myself having a career change - could we run a beach bar do you think..........not sure I'd suit a grass skirt and coconut bra though :o :blink: xD

• Like 2

Wait for me........

I can quite see myself having a career change - could we run a beach bar do you think..........not sure I'd suit a grass skirt and coconut bra though :o :blink: xD

A colleague and I once dressed up like this just to brighten up a planning meeting - it worked, we were hysterical!

• Like 5

Well I'm off to Dublin for a long weekend and I'd really rather not get stranded at the airport if there's going to be lots of snow. I love the snow, but it isn't nearly as much fun as when my nursery was still open - somehow children

making igloos and snowmen and drinking hot

chocolate whilst their clothes dry out made the

trudge to work worthwhile.

So if it does snow, and I don't get stranded I'll

be looking to visit any local groups who might

like an extra pair of hands to help with snowball

making! :1b

U could come and visit me

• Like 1

Only you Sunnyday could start a topic off as snow and end up in coconut bras xD :lol:

Down here on the balmy south coast we're not sure about the snow - each weather forecast i watch is different but it is getting a bit colder. Last had any significant snowfall a couple of years ago but I my what chaos - roads closed, schools closed, school buses not running, mass panic buying of bread and milk and every bag of every type of conceivable salt.

Not a great lover of the cold (I used to live in the Middle East) so tend to rack up the heating to the max and think of warmer climes.

Last time we had snow only 9 children managed to get in and they had a fab time building snowmen, making snow angels and like Maz says its a great excuse for a warming hot chocolate whilst the clothes dry out.

• Like 1

I keep checking the weather. Snow time keeps changing from 6pm to 3pm and now its back to 6pm tomorrow night. I may have to walk to and from work on Monday with heavy snow at lunch time, given that my school never closes even if theres no public transport!! Ah well will see the snow when we see it.

Ours said snow all weekend..............................it was cold yesterday, and it started to rain, with a little slushy stuff, but that stopped after about ten minutes. Woke up to lovely sunshine today...........so who knows??

Max321...........if you're going bra-less, get some factor 50 on those nipples!

• Like 3

Only you Sunnyday could start a topic off as snow and end up in coconut bras xD :lol:

I know - I'm so easily sidetracked! :blink:

Never mind coconut bras I am firmly sewn in to a thermal vest :ph34r:xD :lol: xD

We had a few flurries yesterday afternoon - but soon turned to rain........leaden sky now - but reckon that's going to be rain :1b

Dusting for me too this morning although it was hard to tell whether it was snow or frost! I'm meant to be doing measuring and caption writing next week with my lot so am thinking that if the snow actually arrives we'll measure how far we can throw snowballs and how many steps to get to different places etc. I'll take photos and we'll write captions for a snowy day picture book. I'm thinking we'll make hot chocolate/milk too.

• Like 1

Snow arrived at around half 3, just got home from window shopping (went on a hunt for some walking shoes) down in Sheffield Its lightly snowed since, cars and garden/pavement covered. This is to last until early morning with a few hours break until the heavy snow arrives at 8am tomorrow morning. This means for me walking down to work in heavy snow, and walking back too. Oh well the positive side is some unplanned body magic for me in snow boots!

Shall wait to see what the weather does tomorrow morning.

Ohh Dalby Forest.....that brings back lovely memories. We have friends we refer to as our 'Holiday Romance'....we met them in Majorca in 2000 and they live in Scarborough. We have been to stay often and with 3 boys between us and their dog that my daughter adores (we don't have a dog) Dalby forest is always a great day out of walking, climbing footie and picnics.

Thanks for the happy memory prompt :D

As for snow....none here yet in Sussex and can stay away for ever as far as I am concerned :mellow: :ph34r: :mellow: :ph34r:

• Like 1