Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow?

sunnyday

Well woke up to a light dusting of snow just deep enough to walk in, only work 1 1/2 miles away down a steepish hill that took 45 minutes. Morning at work, outdoor playtime for those with sensible shoes i.e. boots (some parents don't think that in ks1/2 we still go outside in the snow) and hat, gloves and scaves. Great time trying to make snow men, mini iguloos and snowball fights. Then a lovely 50 minute walk back up the hill back home again. I am now shattered and will have to do it all again tomorrow, not a clue yet how to get home and out for guides (assuming we have it) since I don't live in the same village and the car wont be moving anywhere in this stuff especially with a car across the road giving me no room to move out easy.

Guest sn0wdr0p

Ohh Dalby Forest.....that brings back lovely memories. We have friends we refer to as our 'Holiday Romance'....we met them in Majorca in 2000 and they live in Scarborough. We have been to stay often and with 3 boys between us and their dog that my daughter adores (we don't have a dog) Dalby forest is always a great day out of walking, climbing footie and picnics.

Thanks for the happy memory prompt :D

As for snow....none here yet in Sussex and can stay away for ever as far as I am concerned :mellow: :ph34r: :mellow: :ph34r:

You are welcome Sue. Despite my earlier posting WE HAVE SNOW. Boys thrilled. Sadly it's an hours drive to Dalby Forest so we are hoping it stays until the weekend.

Guest sn0wdr0p

mmm not so thrilled now. We close at 6 and still have quite a few children here. Hull is gridlocked and it has taken a friend 2 hours to drive 1/4 mile. I think it is going to be a late night. Fortunately my deputy and a room leader are staying.

Well, we didn't have masses of snow first thing but then it started again at about 10.00 - big thick, feathery flakes the kind that were perfect for building and snowballs! I took all those with sensible footwear out to the big field and we did our jumping around and counting footprints. I'm hoping that not being able to go out will prompt some of my little ones into insisting on wearing wellies tomorrow. Probably not though as they get to go out at lunch time regardless!

This afternoon, right near the end of the day I brought in the outside tuff spot full of snow and we made an indoor snowman - complete with carrot nose left over from snack. He looked brilliant. I'm now trying to decide whether to do our caption writing about the adventures of the indoor snowman or to go with our walk round the village last Friday - maybe both!

Wow - how cold is your classroom? :blink: :rolleyes: xD

First thing this morning - 12C - there had been a power cut over the weekend and the boiler needed re-setting! It's actually really stuffy but we had the back door open and the tuff spot was near it. They heaped the snow up into a mountain so quickly that it was pretty solid and not melting too quickly. I took it outside again at the end of the day so we'll see how it survives. We also thoroughly enjoyed seeing who could melt a lump of snow quickest in their hands!

• Like 1

12 degrees! Tropical! It's usually about 4 in the chapel these days when I arrive at 8 and I struggle to get it up to 16 before children arrive! Some days it doesn't get that high until everyone stops leaving doors open!

12 degrees! Tropical! It's usually about 4 in the chapel these days when I arrive at 8 and I struggle to get it up to 16 before children arrive! Some days it doesn't get that high until everyone stops leaving doors open!

I think if you check HelenD26's post she said minus 12......brrrrrrr :D

I won't tell how toasties it is in my office then....my lovely boss put the heater on before I arrived so I walked into a little tropical oasis :P

• Like 2

:( It's HORRIBLE here today.........overnight snow - only about 3cms but everything very, very icy ........decided to walk to work - probably about a mile - no probs on a nice day but a grotty 'trudge' when the wind is howling and you are fighting to keep on your feet :( .........sun is shining now so hopefully things will start to thaw........

Did I mention I don't 'do' cold and I certainly don't 'do' snow and ice :ph34r:

• Like 4

Forget that - they've changed the forecast - sorry zigzag thought your wish was going to be granted :D

:angry: :angry: We live right on a funny little part in Cornwall which seems to have it's own weather climate! A couple of years ago I left home with my boys and there was not even frost on the ground..10 miles later I had to turn back because of the snow!!! My fingers are crossed for the forcasters to get it wrong just for one day. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

:angry: :angry: We live right on a funny little part in Cornwall which seems to have it's own weather climate! A couple of years ago I left home with my boys and there was not even frost on the ground..10 miles later I had to turn back because of the snow!!! My fingers are crossed for the forcasters to get it wrong just for one day. :rolleyes:

Hope so zigzag - don't forget to let us know! :1b

Snow what snow? Oh that white stuff trying to fall out of the sky since lunch time. Now its getting a little heavier.

We got downgrade from amber to yellow warning. Watched 3 different weather forecast and they all said different times to start. So I went in a taxi this morning and 2 buses back up. By the time it was my home time it has started to snow very lightly. Now its snowing fairly heavy, thank goodness its the weekend. Ment to be snowing here on over the weekend. So we shall see what happens.

What time are you walking Finley - I might pop up - bet he loves it! xD

All a bit of a non event here - we have only got a covering.........so far :blink:

sorry ...ive not been very well ....having managed to avoid the sickness bug since before christmas......... it got me!!!

Finley had a fab time with his daddy though...one very tired dog keeping me warm as i speak. :rolleyes:

the hotel for the birthday celebration takes dogs though....perhaps he could come as an honarary member! :wub:

sorry ...ive not been very well ....having managed to avoid the sickness bug since before christmas......... it got me!!!

Finley had a fab time with his daddy though...one very tired dog keeping me warm as i speak. :rolleyes:

the hotel for the birthday celebration takes dogs though....perhaps he could come as an honarary member! :wub:

Oh no - poor you - hope you are soon feeling much better :1b