Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow?

sunnyday

I'm ready - snowsuit on - just need to locate the balaclava - hope Mr S hasn't borrowed it again :blink: see you soon - Panders will I call in for you on my way through?

Why didn't you say?! I'll make him one anytime! Colours? accessories?

My little birthday boy's snow arrived at lunchtime. He was happy! Had another lovely moment later. I went back to my class after my PPA this afternoon and children were just coming back in after exploring the snow. One little boy was refusing to take his hat off (not that unusual) and I was beginning to get 'firm' when another child said "I think he's got a snowball in his hat." He had, and was saving it to show mummy at home time!

We decided to save it in a small dish and then has a lovely time explaining the resulting puddle! ;)

• Like 1

I'm ready - snowsuit on - just need to locate the balaclava - hope Mr S hasn't borrowed it again :blink: see you soon - Panders will I call in for you on my way through?

Yes please Sunnyday, don't forget the thermos I'm bringing the egg and tomato sandwiches. Must say, my knitted pixie hood is looking a real treat (I'm sorry I went all 1940's there for a moment, must come from watching too much about Churchill)! Have brought my snow suit down and aired it off, ready to go.

• Like 1

we still have no snow, so we decided to make our own snowstorm today. One big box of silver plasticy foily type things, another of white felt circles and another of white potato starch packing wiggly things. Add children. Result? Pure joy..............................

• Like 4

we still have no snow, so we decided to make our own snowstorm today. One big box of silver plasticy foily type things, another of white felt circles and another of white potato starch packing wiggly things. Add children. Result? Pure joy..............................

My Deputy did the same a couple of days ago, she let the children have 2 white toilet rolls and eventually they ended up saying it was snow as it was all strewn across the floor and lying on it making snow angels etc.

• Like 1

Why didn't you say?! I'll make him one anytime! Colours? accessories?

How kind - if you could make him one to match mine that would be great - we could be one of 'those' couples :D

Panders - have decided the egg and tomato sandwiches mixed with hot chocolate + bouncing about on Cait's roof are not a good combination :huh: bit of a 'delicate' tummy today......

• Like 2

How kind - if you could make him one to match mine that would be great - we could be one of 'those' couples :D

Panders - have decided the egg and tomato sandwiches mixed with hot chocolate + bouncing about on Cait's roof are not a good combination :huh: bit of a 'delicate' tummy today......

Sorry to hear that. I've a pan of homemade leek and potato soup if that's any good? Panders has scarfed all the broccoli and Stilton, sigh. Well she was chilly!

No more than about six snowflakes here in the deep south and that was yesterday - however the wind has been a bit problematic and my nice new welly boot rack cover was lifted off the rack and sailed away over the roof of the church hall never to be seen again xDxD

Sunny day, hope you are better soon. Will get knitting straight away!

No fresh snow here today just lots of icy slush. One little boy had brought his boots that had zips to do up and were very snug fitting - absolute nightmare to get on. He also had skiing gloves which he couldn't put on but didn't want to leave behind so he stored them in his hat resulting in a very lumpy looking head! And yes, it was the same boy who put the snowball in there yesterday!

• Like 2

Well the Stilton and brocolli was delicious Cait, just a bit windy now - but I shall be a ladeeee about it all. Poor Sunnyday, hope your tum feels better soon

• Like 1

Sorry but I'm fed up of this snow and ice.

It was a nightmare getting to work in the snowstorm on Thursday, especially in a school that has a no snow closure policy. I ended up thinking it wasn't too bad to get the bus. Bus one got stuck on ice and bus two was running late. Should have just walked down the hill to work and risked an asthma attack, would have been quicker and not be late for work. I also missed out on not going to my voluntary school too, who where fab about me not being in. Then on Friday I got the buses again as I can't get passed the neighbours car in icy/snowy weather. At least they were running on time. Then that day the thermostat went!!! It's daft that's theres no semi direct bus down At the time I need. It's either just before 7am or after 9am! No wonder I walk to work. I can (when running) catch one back up but I need to rush out for it.

Crazy thing was lots of schools in the town and nearby city were all shut or opened later to allow staff/children together in. I'm now looking for a new job since I can't get on teacher training. So after this fun winter I will be taking location into account, since i don't want to get stuck in the big city nearby with no buses running.