Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy 16th Birthday to the FSF

To some of you today may be known as Valentines day but for us here at FSF HQ it's our Birthday :D

Today marks 16 years of the forum and what a fun 16 years it has been and what a delight to bring so many people together.

Whatever your day brings we wish you happiness and good luck and if you need us we will be eating this wonderful cake made by Emily and Juliet xD

Sue 

Admin Team / Forum Caretaker :P

image1.jpeg

• Like 4

Happy Sweet 16th FSF!  You must have seen some changes along the way.  Thank you for providing the opportunity for such a supportive community.  There have been lots of times when I have relied on others' wisdom, humour and support on the forum.

Many Happy Returns and enjoy that mouth watering cake! xx

• Like 3

Happy birthday to us ... 

I've just put a little piece on the front page :$

"16 years of mutual support, wisdom and fun: This week saw The Foundation Stage Forum celebrate 16 years of providing a professional place for questions, discussions, research queries and pedagogical musings! In that time we have shared joy, despair, laughter and tears . We have supported each other through the excitement of opening new settings and the desolation of closing much-loved old ones. We are a very close team at FSF HQ and we see each other and work together both as friends and colleagues - you, the FSF members are thought of in very much the same way. Thank you "

.... "No, you're sniffling, I've just got a balaclava thread up my nose" :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Happy Birthday and thank you!  I truly don't know what I'd have done without you over the years I've been a member.  It was a lonely business being not only the only reception teacher in a small school but the only person who knew anything at all about early years and having to stand my ground and feel justified in a world of people who thought I had it easy because I was 'just playing'.  You have given me confidence and ideas and kept me up to date with what was happening in the EY world - I even beat my HT to knowing something on a couple of occasions thanks to you and that was a pretty tough achievement!  Added to that the humour and kindness on here has kept me going when I was having a bit of a bleak time.

Not only that, you have all contributed to ideas for a now thriving novelty balaclava business! ;)

• Like 6

Whoosh, where did those years goes. I remember my first arrival in the forum when the corridors were shiny, and new and quite empty.   I'd not long started a new job and was a little anxious. How far we have all travelled as our lives take their own twists and turns, yet the FSF keeps us connected.

Many happy returns, what will the next 16 bring?

• Like 4

A bit late but well done everyone. I have had some really happy times on here and made wonderful friends.  I feel very proud to have been involved in those early days,  and to gave contributed to evolving good practise in the Early Years,  

( 72 today!)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)