Articles
About Us
Tapestry

GDPR resources

FSFRebecca

I have put the following resources in the resource library:

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thank You for sharing the enrolment form and the work it’s taken to mark in which basis  + SF each part relates to, i’ve also being adding this to my audit in lawful basis column and it takes a while.

Quite right Mouseketeer, Rebecca and Lauren have been working so hard for us all, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Hamantha said:

I completely agree with you. The GDPR guidance from the FSF (Rebecca and Lauren) has been fantastically helpful! I have also been adding the EYFS references to my spreadsheet and it does take some time!

How did you go about your audit Hamantha? I made 4 tables (whispers using draw table) and then listed each piece of paperwork we have that are for chn, staff, parent, others details ...I’m on about number 2010 20 for chn, but now wondering if I should have just put name and listed everything it appears on, DOB and so on ....but then that might of made it hard to see which meets which lawful basis, maybe i’ll stick with what I started.

Just in case you were wondering about Privacy notices - Lauren and I are working on these at the moment - hope to have them ready for you towards the middle of next week - I'll post links to them here. We will also finish the 12 steps next week.

Anything else you need (form wise) that would be helpful? Otherwise we will just keep generating the things we think might be handy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Just in case you were wondering about Privacy notices - Lauren and I are working on these at the moment - hope to have them ready for you towards the middle of next week - I'll post links to them here. We will also finish the 12 steps next week.

Anything else you need (form wise) that would be helpful? Otherwise we will just keep generating the things we think might be handy!

I was just going to start work on the privacy notice but think I will now hold off until I see what you do as you are far more intelligent about all this than I could ever hope to be!!  Will make a start on the new enrolment forms instead. :D

1 minute ago, zigzag said:

I was just going to start work on the privacy notice but think I will now hold off until I see what you do as you are far more intelligent about all this than I could ever hope to be!!  Will make a start on the new enrolment forms instead. :D

Excellent! When I use the enrolment form I'm going to laminate one with all the GDPR references in that I can use to talk to parents as they are filling in a blank one. I'm going to give my existing parents the chance to fill in a new form and destroy the old one if they would like to. Otherwise I will ask them to confirm that they have had the choice and have chosen to allow me to keep the data collected previously. I'll probably list the differences in the old form (child's address springs to mind) so that is transparently clear to parents what the implication of the GDPR form is.

• Like 1

Thanks for the enrolment form. There is a section about other agencies involved. We would add any involvement with Social Care i.e name of social worker and contact details. Would we need consent from them? Would we need to get consent from every person who picks up a child to have their contact details, e.g.childminder,  grandma, ?

13 minutes ago, playgroup1 said:

Thanks for the enrolment form. There is a section about other agencies involved. We would add any involvement with Social Care i.e name of social worker and contact details. Would we need consent from them? Would we need to get consent from every person who picks up a child to have their contact details, e.g.childminder,  grandma, ?

I would say 'yes' you will need individual consent to hold the personal details of other contacts - they have a right to know who has their details, what they are being used for and when they will be deleted etc. I think that social workers etc. who have a professional capacity for their details being held you won't need individual consent - you don't have their personal details, you have their work contact details in relation to the child.

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I would say 'yes' you will need individual consent to hold the personal details of other contacts - they have a right to know who has their details, what they are being used for and when they will be deleted etc. I think that social workers etc. who have a professional capacity for their details being held you won't need individual consent - you don't have their personal details, you have their work contact details in relation to the child.

Wonder if I will hear anything from my middle two granddaughters schools I am emergency contact for both........

Yes, that would be interesting Sunnyday.   I have told my parents this information is held in  my draft letter to them, and only a few weeks ago, they all had their data up-date forms to sign, so they do know who they have given as their emergency contact, I wonder if they will relay the information on to them?

26 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm pretty sure if I sent paperwork home for relatives/emergency pick-ups to sign - that would be the last I see of it!

We have enough trouble getting the grant forms signed and returned on time. o.O

Yes getting a third party consent from the emergency contacts may cause problems - I wouldn't have too many to write to, but some nurseries would have lots, this just gets deeper and deeper!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 05/04/2018 at 20:38, Mouseketeer said:

How did you go about your audit Hamantha? I made 4 tables (whispers using draw table) and then listed each piece of paperwork we have that are for chn, staff, parent, others details ...I’m on about number 2010 20 for chn, but now wondering if I should have just put name and listed everything it appears on, DOB and so on ....but then that might of made it hard to see which meets which lawful basis, maybe i’ll stick with what I started.

I have nearly finished the audit for children but, like you, I'm now wondering if I should have done it differently!  I have individually listed all the data we collect (e.g. full name on registration form, name on name tags) and then specified the lawful basis for each, adding the section no. from EYFS framework if appropriate. This has meant that every item of data we collect has a row in the spreadsheet for it. My list is very long..but I thought it was clearer as we use and store info differently, e.g. We collect and process full name for contract when collected on registration form and then our list of names on the wall is to help ensure staff spell names correctly. It did make sense when I started...not so sure now. I seem to veer from thInking I know what I'm doing to utter confusion!

• Haha 2

Yep I’m in that place, but it’s almost completed as it now, and like you there are different ‘lawful basises basi reasons’ for having their names especially on things, I managed to keep to 1 A4 side each for staff, parents, others but chn has run on to 2 :o

11 minutes ago, Rafa said:

Sorry, may be missing something but if it's just a list of forenames does that need 'data protecting'?

We have a list of full names up, so we would need to show we protect it... but do we really need the full name..? This is one of the many questions the audit (when finished) is going to highlight. 

• Like 2

Hi Rafa, I don’t just have forenames on something’s, I want to keep their paper LJ’s in the room so am asking for ‘consent’ for that, we also have some lists with full names on, key groups etc, I’m not really sure about the forename thing, it sounds daft to me but I guess if we only had their first name on something and only one of them and we had parents in many would know who it was without the surname anyway.

• Like 1

so info from one of my banks interesting wording!

General Data Protection Regulation

Under General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) xxxxxxxxxxxx operates as both Controller and Processor of data. We are required to collect, hold, process and store personal/sensitive data of our clients so as to provide them with our products and services. This collection and processing of data will be kept to a minimum and done for sole purpose of providing our products and services and complying with various statutory and regulatory obligations. Should you continue applying for a product (be it successful or not) you are hereby entering a voluntary contractual agreement with xxxx for services and products and consent for your data is a condition of this agreement. Should you not want to undertake providing personal data on this contractual basis then please don’t start, or cease continuing your application.

Yes, Mum has a similar - but much wordier one, from Santander and it caused her a lot of worry.  I wonder how many other elderly folk are going to be frightened about it, bearing in mind the 'data scandals' in the news.   Plus, she thought she must have applied for something that she didn't remember applying for! 

16 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

so info from one of my banks interesting wording!

General Data Protection Regulation

Under General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) xxxxxxxxxxxx operates as both Controller and Processor of data. We are required to collect, hold, process and store personal/sensitive data of our clients so as to provide them with our products and services. This collection and processing of data will be kept to a minimum and done for sole purpose of providing our products and services and complying with various statutory and regulatory obligations. Should you continue applying for a product (be it successful or not) you are hereby entering a voluntary contractual agreement with xxxx for services and products and consent for your data is a condition of this agreement. Should you not want to undertake providing personal data on this contractual basis then please don’t start, or cease continuing your application.

Well I've done (doing my audit) and I'm now thinking of simply adding something like the above for parents to sign when they start with us. If its what big companies are doing, then it should be ok for us! :)

• Like 1

I've just uploaded v2 of the enrolment form. I have added a sentence after the contact details for additional adults that says: 

"Please ensure that you tell any additional adults that you have given us their contact details so that we can contact them if we are unable to speak to you if your child is unwell, has an accident or is uncollected at the end of the session. If they have any questions or queries regarding this, please direct them to contact xxxxxx on xxxxxxx. Thank you"

This change came as a result of a conversation about whether it is necessary to send a separate privacy notice to all additional adults.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)