Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knock, ring Ofsted at the door!

sunnyday

Well actually she didn't knock or ring - she approached me in the car park! :D

Anyway - I have been 'done' - woohoo! :D

Can't tell you what grade I have got (confidentiality and all that) - suffice it to say I am a happy bunny! :1b

A Friday 13th too - goodness me - that gave me a cold shiver when I realised what the date was :o

Very nice but very thorough inspector........

All I can suggest, as others have before me - be yourself, be confident - you know what you're doing!

A little tip for my fellow 'Kenters' - I use the LA pro forma for my Two Year Checks and they don't have a huge heading that identifies them as a 'Two Year Check' - I am ever so slightly miffed about that - but only ever so slightly - I am mainly smiling, no make that beaming! :1b

Good luck to those still waiting! :1b

• Like 7

Do you really think there is any system though to when next ones are done, ive seen outstanding settings redone within 2 years ( no complaints showing to trigger) and some who were satisfactory pre new framework being inspected for time 4 yrs later ?

Nope - I honestly don't - in fact I was quite expecting an even longer wait........

• Like 1

Hi, we were done in January only 2 1/2 years since our previous one and it has normally been 4 years between visits. I must have looked even more shocked than normal at the knock on the door as the inspector told me pretty quickly that it was a normal inspection and there was no complaint involved. It went really well and we got GOOD again.

• Like 2

I went to some LA training a few weeks ago, and the lady said 'never say never, but realistically our [my setting] inspection would be very unlikey before July 16'. Obviously this would depend on us not having any major issues :blink: (touches wood ^_^ )

Our last one was 2012- just after the last change about- therefore we have had one under this 'cycle'

I still twictch when the doorbell goes anyway -- And I still havent forgiven the suited women who rang the doorbell at 8.50- only to ask if she could use our toilets!!!

• Like 5

Hi, we were done in January only 2 1/2 years since our previous one and it has normally been 4 years between visits. I must have looked even more shocked than normal at the knock on the door as the inspector told me pretty quickly that it was a normal inspection and there was no complaint involved. It went really well and we got GOOD again.

Hmmm, I shall just continue to panic when the bell goes them xDxD :lol: xD

• Like 1

Goodness me - really think they should 'leave us alone' for a bit longer than that! :D

Woohoo sunnyday happy days :1b

I'm pretty sure we were very close last time and I was done 2 weeks ago!

I think Ofsted are upping their game, I've noticed most inspections in my area now seem to be done around 3.5 years which say 12 months ago they were approaching 4.5/ 5 years.

But then there does seem to be a lot more downgrading than there used to be as well - not sure if that's about getting rid of pre-school playgroups too :(

• Like 1

But then there does seem to be a lot more downgrading than there used to be as well - not sure if that's about getting rid of pre-school playgroups too :(

I too have noticed so many 'downgradings' in my area - had been frightening the life out of me......

• Like 1

well done Sunnyday! Put your feet up and enjoy the moment. Just out of interest, when did the inspector arrive and how long was spent in the setting? Just wondering....and dreading our now unbelievably overdue visit!

Edited by eyfs1966
  • Like 1

well done Sunnyday! Put your feet up and enjoy the moment. Just out of interest, when did the inspector arrive and how long was spent in the setting? Just wondering....and dreading our now unbelkievably overdue visit!

Thank you - she was in the car park when i pulled up at 8:30.........she asked if I would be able to stay after session finishes (12 noon) I said "yes, of course" - the alternative would have been for her to return one day next week :o no chance that i would have that 'hanging over my head' all weekend - so she did the whole 'Leadership and Management' questioning and the feedback after staff and children had left - finished by 1:30 :1b

Just out of interest, when did the inspector arrive and how long was spent in the setting? Just wondering....and dreading our now unbelievably overdue visit!

Ours arrived at 8:50am we open at 9:30am

She also checked if I would be able to stay for feedback at the end - all staff & Chairperson stayed for it.

She left the building at 1:30pm

Well done Sunnyday and your team - really pleased that you are a happy bunny and have got your inspection done and dusted and with what sounds like a fabulous result post-9650-0-68719100-1426319863_thumb.jpg.

Whoop Whoop, well done Sunnyday I pleased you are beaming and you haven't been made to wait longer than 4 years, We are currently at nearly 5 years and it's beginning to feel like water torture xDxD

As for you Panders - I feel your pain - 6 years and 3 months !!!!

We had a visit from a couple of speech and language therapists on Friday who arrived earlier than expected which got heart rates racing - every unexpected ring of the doorbell is becoming somewhat nerve jangling :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1