Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bragging rights!

Cait

He's just back from a conference in Texas, literally stepped off the plane and straight into the London one. Slightly jet-lagged but held it well. Next he's off to china for three months to work with the team there who are starting to try something similar in think, or have some technology which will help.

• Like 1

Actually Rea, there always was something about him as a child. I can remember being called into class by the infant teacher when he had been in reception about a term or so. She wanted to show me a drawing he had done of an aerial view of the classroom!

Always a loner, not interested in football etc, he was happiest building intricate models with Lego - he did an open university course on robotics when he was at secondary school, so we kind of had a feeling .........

• 1 year later...

So, my wonderful, clever son got his Doctorate on Wednesday.

A huge thank you to everyone who encouraged him along the way with his stem cell printer. He is doing very clever things with liver cells at the moment.

post-13453-0-61022700-1435681142_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

how fantastic.....love the knees! I wish him all the best ...my father passed away from liver disease many years ago ...perhaps in the future this won't happen thanks to your son! :wub:

That's the plan. In the short term it means an end to animal testing and the start of patient specific medication.

The kilt is worn a great deal - bought for his wedding three years ago, and gets several outings! Had to be specially made for his 27" waist and certainly had his money's worth out of it!

• Like 1

Congratulations - great news!

At the risk of sounding really dodgy I miss men in kilts. I did my degree in Edinburgh and I loved how smart they all looked at graduation but individual too. Besides a swirling kilt creates a much needed breeze at a ceilidh! And I miss those too!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1