Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Darn - you beat me to it with the tadpole line :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was trying to come up with a tadpole line too! Thanks for all the congratulations everyone - much appreciated. I haven't seen a photo yet but apparently granny has some and will e-mail later.

As for Friday - yep has come round again scarily quickly. I can't quite believe it's October tomorrow! Children are all doing fine (apart from a couple of poorlies) but my student is wearing me out! Not that she's bad or causing problems just that she's always there (in full time 4 days a week) and needs to do lots of observations of me/have discussions or cause me to need to organise opportunities for her to be in other classes but isn't really taking over any teaching yet. Plus we have to have an hours long meeting once a week.

Well there I was enjoying day off Friday untill my Deputy called with we have had THE CALL FROM O -coming Monday! Only mentioned it here last week as the 30 months up in March (classed as new setting due to move 2 yrs ago) and they could come anytime. Now running around like a headless chicken and getting nothing done. PANIC mode doesn't cover it. Feel sick, can't eat, trying to do like a last minute read up of everything. How do you all stay calm? Goodness knows what I will be like tommorrow. Worse still they will be 2 of them as one is being monitored. I know we do some good things, but not quite as it is written down in all the Ofst paperwork. We will have three staff and five 2yrs olds and four 3yr olds in on the day and trying to think of some kind of teaching activity our Eyrs officer says O will want to see for joint obs. What did other settings do for this? We are a packaway preschool in a small village hall, but going up later this afternoon to set up. HELP!!! breathe :( :wacko: :unsure:

Edited by manor

Well there I was enjoying day off Friday untill my Deputy called with we have had THE CALL FROM O -coming Monday! Only mentioned it here last week as the 30 months up in March (classed as new setting due to move 2 yrs ago) and they could come anytime. Now running around like a headless chicken and getting nothing done. PANIC mode doesn't cover it. Feel sick, can't eat, trying to do like a last minute read up of everything. How do you all stay calm? Goodness knows what I will be like tommorrow. Worse still they will be 2 of them as one is being monitored. I know we do some good things, but not quite as it is written down in all the Ofst paperwork. We will have three staff and five 2yrs olds and four 3yr olds in on the day and trying to think of some kind of teaching activity our Eyrs officer says O will want to see for joint obs. What did other settings do for this? We are a packaway preschool in a small village hall, but going up later this afternoon to set up. HELP!!! breathe :( :wacko: :unsure:

CALM DOWN !!

You do not have to have a sut up activity for joint ob. It could just be play or story or anything else you usually do. We did ours on storytime. It really is about being able to evaluate...what was good bad/can be improved on etc...can you manage your team etc!!

If you've got all your policies up to date and you've read the inspection schedule then you'll have the info to hand. Collate all the paperwork in one place for them to see.

Word to the wise....this is YOUR inspection, YOu only get this chance to impress....do NOT let the training of the junior inspector interfere with the inspection. Tell the senior inspector if you are concerned that having 2 people asking questions etc is impacting on your inspection or making the staff nervous....you are doing them a favour and they need to understand that having 2 people is stressful...express your concerns about this at the beginning and ask how they are going to ensure this is ok! (sorry this is supposed to be a calming post and I may have made it worse..... :wacko: fingers crossed ;)

• Like 2

Who is this Rafa person and of what does she speak !!!! (although whilst engaging in my favourite hobby of charity shop trawling I see that they are full of a certain festivities cards! - note to self must check my stocks ;-) )

I can't believe that we only have 2 weeks to go until half term - I still have things on my end of summer hols TD list without thinking about the things I must do after half term !!

• Like 3

I can't believe that we only have 2 weeks to go until half term - I still have things on my end of summer hols TD list without thinking about the things I must do after half term !!

You and me both SueJ, I keep shuffling pieces of paper that should make up our improvement plan, it's all just been shoved inside the folder in no particular order and now it's as if it's a mountain to climb and now policy reviews and sorting new committee and getting a new chair up to speed have taken over it will probably still appear on the Spring TDL :-/

• Like 4

Oh dear, I fear a "melt down" coming - far too early for a G&T Sunnyday, so try the breathing exercises until we can get assistance to you.

Thank you for your concern........it's OK I'm through it and out the other side........

Flippin' heck Rafa please refrain from using such language in October - can't cope with that on a Saturday morning (or any other time of the day come to think of it :blink: )

Right now that I have recovered best I get back to the old TDL

• Like 3

Who is this Rafa person and of what does she speak !!!! (although whilst engaging in my favourite hobby of charity shop trawling I see that they are full of a certain festivities cards! - note to self must check my stocks ;-) )

Thank you for your concern........it's OK I'm through it and out the other side........

Flippin' heck Rafa please refrain from using such language in October - can't cope with that on a Saturday morning (or any other time of the day come to think of it :blink: )

Right now that I have recovered best I get back to the old TDL

i

Ha Ha!...or can I say Ho Ho! ...you head in the sand people! As it is, we are only ONE week from half term in this neck of the woods - which means "Thisth -math" is ever closer for us! As soon as we return after the break I have staff whispering in corners about 'youknowwhattt!! Anyway, I'm looking forward to it this year because I have decided to send my TDL up the chimney and get the man in Red to do it!!! Be my best prezzie ever!!!

NB: Apologies for all words that may have been upsetting, to those, of a weak disposition ( beginning to sound like Trump here.....)!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So it's Friday again!

But not just any old Friday - the start of half-term break - not sure how that has happened.......

If you are lucky enough to get a break now - enjoy! :1b

It must be half term - I have sore throat, headache and stiff neck... :( (and feeling very sorry for myself! :rolleyes: )

I am mentally making a TDL though whilst laying on sofa with blanket and heating on.

It must be half term - I have sore throat, headache and stiff neck... :( (and feeling very sorry for myself! :rolleyes: )

I am mentally making a TDL though whilst laying on sofa with blanket and heating on.

Oh no that is seriously annoying for you - here's hoping you soon feel much better

• Like 1