Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

So here we are another Friday :1b

No great weekend plans apart from giving my grass its first cut - can't wait :1b

Handing back the menagerie that I have been looking after all week for son, daughter-in-law and granddaughters......one of the cats has gone AWOL :o he is an 'intact' male Persian so I am telling myself that he is just off sowing his wild oats (flippin' hope so :ph34r: )

No TDL for me this weekend - yay! :lol:

Have a lovely weekend all :1b

Breaking news - call off the search party - the missing cat has returned - phew! ::1a

Oh I'd just started knitting fluffy balaclavas for the search party! Whiskers and everything!

• Like 4

Oh I'd just started knitting fluffy balaclavas for the search party! Whiskers and everything!

Most thoughtful of you :1b

When daughter in law picked Alfie (dog) up I told her that Eddie (cat) had been missing - "oh he does that" she says "I should have told you" :blink: :lol:

Grass cutting plan was thwarted - blessed mower needs servicing - have a man picking it up in the week........weather was just beautiful here today perfect for mowing - oh well.......

• Like 2

Lucky you. The weather has been so miserable here today, in fact it seems to be miserable everyday at the moment! Can't wait for some wam dry weather. Nice relaxing day today, made some delicious pasties for tea which were ansome! My sons rugby team have made the cup semi final tomorrow so off to see him play. Fingers crossed they win. Why do weekends fly by so quickly?

• Like 3

Well, mum's birthday get together lovely. I had the extra treat of having one little niece (the 'I'm nearly 5 Aunty Froglet!' one) tucked under an arm, the other niece (just 5 months) sat on my knee and my nephew (nearly 9) leaning over the sofa behind me while I read a story to all of them. My sister-in-law took a photo of us and for once I don't object to the photo of myself in it. It's lovely and I will definitely be printing out to put on the wall.

I've baked some chocolate mint slice and some iced ginger shortcake to make up a 'survival kit' for two friends who are taking Y6 on a residential. There is also hot chocolate (for after the night walk) and a can of red bull in there.

I called in on a former parent who became a friend this afternoon. They've had a pretty rough week - their eldest was really poorly in hospital for the last week but thankfully home now and beginning to pick up a little.

Right now, I'm procrastinating over doing both the washing up and the ironing. I have avoided absolutely everything on my school TDL which I shall probably regret tomorrow but for now...

• Like 1

It is a case of 'thank crunchie it's Friday' - don't think this has been one of our 'finer' weeks - today was especially challenging :blink:

No exciting plans for me this weekend really - I will hit the shops at some point - need to buy a pressie for youngest son's birthday - he is so hard to buy for........expect I will buy a shirt or jeans or somesuch (with a gift receipt) and he will take it back and change it next week :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am NOT, NOT, NOT doing any 'work stuff' at all - oh no definitely not - well until I think 'oh I suppose I had better just.......'

Have a lovely weekend all :1b

• Like 4

Sorry - pressed 'post' too soon! I have a student teacher at the moment. After this week I am renaming him 'Drippy McDripface'

Weekend is going to be catching up on a huge TDL, prepping for parents evenings and SEND reviews and sleeping in between!

• Like 3

We currently have the best group of children ever (touch wood - this must change very soon :o ::1a ::1a ) so have had a very chilled week at work.

Nothing planned for the weekend -except eating and drinking the goodies brought in return for dog sitting last week. :1b

• Like 2

Sorry - pressed 'post' too soon! I have a student teacher at the moment. After this week I am renaming him 'Drippy McDripface'

Weekend is going to be catching up on a huge TDL, prepping for parents evenings and SEND reviews and sleeping in between!

:lol: :lol: Drippy McDripface :lol:

• Like 3

Awful week! Staff illness. Children illness (but still coming in!) Going to have long soak in the bath, antibiotics, shop bought pizza, large glass of wine, and sleep! See you Monday!

Oh yes, I recognise the 'poorly children still coming in' several of mine have been 'under par' this week

Added to that I currently have three children being treated for constipation problems with doses of lactulose - if I described this morning as a 'pile of poo' I think you would get my drift

Oh yes, I recognise the 'poorly children still coming in' several of mine have been 'under par' this week

Added to that I currently have three children being treated for constipation problems with doses of lactulose - if I described this morning as a 'pile of poo' I think you would get my drift

don't know that I can like this but you know what I mean! All our weeks tricky at the moment. Two very active young chaps with SEND another who's obsessed with flooding my bathroom and two boys who have linked up but really NOT a good combination. We seem to be having loads of issues with food problems (yes avoid lunch clubs!!!) and after school group are being worked hard at school so are pretty foul by the time they get to me and I still need another member of staff.

Today had a phonecall from my trainees trainer saying she'd be in on Monday but was bringing ofsted with her YAY! :blink: :blink: :blink:

now just got my reports to do and the house to clean as have friends staying on wednesday :o;)

Know what you mean - sickness and diarrhoea for us with a hint of chicken pox.

don't know that I can like this but you know what I mean! All our weeks tricky at the moment. Two very active young chaps with SEND another who's obsessed with flooding my bathroom and two boys who have linked up but really NOT a good combination. We seem to be having loads of issues with food problems (yes avoid lunch clubs!!!) and after school group are being worked hard at school so are pretty foul by the time they get to me and I still need another member of staff.

Today had a phonecall from my trainees trainer saying she'd be in on Monday but was bringing ofsted with her YAY! :blink: :blink: :blink:

now just got my reports to do and the house to clean as have friends staying on wednesday :o;)

'Bringing Ofsted with her' eh, what?

'Bringing Ofsted with her' eh, what?

the company is being ofsteded so they need to see the assessors in action...she rang and asked because we were a 'lovely setting who would have no issues and our trainee is great! " ...hum I suppose I should be pleased :o

• Like 1

the company is being ofsteded so they need to see the assessors in action...she rang and asked because we were a 'lovely setting who would have no issues and our trainee is great! " ...hum I suppose I should be pleased :o

Oh right I see - well yes, that is a great compliment - but gracious me talk about extra 'stress/pressure' you really don't need

Awful week! Staff illness. Children illness (but still coming in!) Going to have long soak in the bath, antibiotics, shop bought pizza, large glass of wine, and sleep! See you Monday!

I have had the shop bought pizza, fell asleep on the sofa and will be heading for the long hot soak in the bath any minute (have also eaten a ridculous amount of sweet stuff!)

• Like 3

Here we are again. I've actually been at home today having a non-contact day to sort some of the things for my leadership role and catch up with myself a little. I feel like I've done loads but not actually got much further forward. I do have a new, improved and much longer school TDL though!

Tonight I'm going round to a friend's; partly to have a cup of tea and a catch up but also because she's a brilliant SENDCo and I want to ask her advice about ADHD!

This weekend, continuing to work on the TDL, hopefully sleep a little and breathe! Hope everyone else has a brilliant time whatever you've got planned!

• Like 2