Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

job retention scheme looking less hopeful

anju

On 25/04/2020 at 21:18, lynned55 said:

Oops! Forgot about the UTR-

Don’t bother looking for it lynned, if you haven’t been on the portal already it didn’t even ask for it!

it’s gone a bit quiet in here, has everyone just given up the will? My county sent their ‘interpretation’ of how to work out the furlough ....a tad late and just someone else’s interpretation’ 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Don’t bother looking for it lynned, if you haven’t been on the portal already it didn’t even ask for it!

it’s gone a bit quiet in here, has everyone just given up the will? My county sent their ‘interpretation’ of how to work out the furlough ....a tad late and just someone else’s interpretation’ 🤷‍♀️

Accountant put my claim in but I haven’t seen what she put so I’ve no idea if it fits with any of the interpretations 😂 Obviously I gave her my figures but I haven’t seen the questions on the portal so I don’t know what she may have entered where.  Yes, losing the will to a large extent...

Edited by anju

1 hour ago, nomski100 said:

I never saw these! Interesting read and making me re-look at my working outs again! 

I am sure my accountant is wrong now🤔. 

I have no idea if my claim meets the guidance or not having read all this. Once the next claim goes in for May (unless we are forced to return before then eek) I don’t know whether to calculate it differently or not 🤔

1 hour ago, nomski100 said:

They can ‘force us’ to stay open, re-open and stay open for longer🤔 

seriously!!! 

I know! 😬

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Exactly! 

Same here.  I still interested what will happen is they force us to open and we can't re: the hall being used by emergency services. Who get top priority?...because I know who I think does!

I asked my advisor this very question - which funnily enough she didn't answer!  If fact she totally ignored it and just  told me I had to keep in all of my parents weekly, with no mention of my issues. 

• Sad 1

I did it- for April's salary- but did it wrong- only claimed for one staff member (that bit was right) but miscalculated it so not too bad. I have to do May's payroll in a few days so will get that one right- however I have just found out today- that I should have included Inclusion Funding & EYPP in my funding calculations. Now I just want to scream! I give up- really wondering if it's worth it. Found our UTR number but didnt need it!

We haven't heard a thing from our LA apart from the answer to my query of if the Inclusion funding came from DSG today.Now I wish I hadn't bothered to ask. :D

Honestly if it wasn't for my Deputy I'd be totally on my own in this- committee all but disappeared, LA the same - as for my staff- all of whom have been furloughed at 100% - they're definitely  pretending how to do a disappearing act. I've  emailed them  a number of times about various things- and only one has had the manners to reply! I even had to chase three of them to return the furlough stuff- made me realise who I want to keep if we have to get rid of staff! 

Sorry- all I seem to do is moan lately. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

I did it- for April's salary- but did it wrong- only claimed for one staff member (that bit was right) but miscalculated it so not too bad. I have to do May's payroll in a few days so will get that one right- however I have just found out today- that I should have included Inclusion Funding & EYPP in my funding calculations. Now I just want to scream! I give up- really wondering if it's worth it. Found our UTR number but didnt need it!

We haven't heard a thing from our LA apart from the answer to my query of if the Inclusion funding came from DSG today.Now I wish I hadn't bothered to ask. :D

Honestly if it wasn't for my Deputy I'd be totally on my own in this- committee all but disappeared, LA the same - as for my staff- all of whom have been furloughed at 100% - they're definitely  pretending how to do a disappearing act. I've  emailed them  a number of times about various things- and only one has had the manners to reply! I even had to chase three of them to return the furlough stuff- made me realise who I want to keep if we have to get rid of staff! 

I'm quite sure they aren't making it easy - they never do.   I understand what you mean about who you'll be taking forward with you after this.

can I just say to all of you - you're all doing a brilliant job finding your way through this mess, with little or no help from those who should be supporting you to the hilt!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cait said:

I'm quite sure they aren't making it easy - they never do.   I understand what you mean about who you'll be taking forward with you after this.

1 hour ago, Cait said:

can I just say to all of you - you're all doing a brilliant job finding your way through this mess, with little or no help from those who should be supporting you to the hilt!  

Well I’ll be going forward on my bloody own at this rate, it says it all when you get more support from ‘virtual’ people than real ones ....Thanks all of you ⭐️

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Well I’ll be going forward on my bloody own at this rate, it says it all when you get more support from ‘virtual’ people than real ones ....Thanks all of you ⭐️

That does say it all Mousie- doesn't it! And yes- I rather think we maybe opening in Sept with me, my dep & one staff member!

Thanks Cait- appreciated. You know- I dont want anyone to say 'aren't you great' or what can I do. But answering emails without me chasing them up or even answering a 'how are you doing'- would be a start! Anyway- roll on next Thursday- hopefully we should get some news then. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, louby loo said:

Same here.  I still interested what will happen is they force us to open and we can't re: the hall being used by emergency services. Who get top priority?...because I know who I think does!

I asked my advisor this very question - which funnily enough she didn't answer!  If fact she totally ignored it and just  told me I had to keep in all of my parents weekly, with no mention of my issues. 

I can see where this is going...... they are going to try to keep the term time only nurseries open through the summer holidays..... without us getting extra funding🤔..... I feel it in my bones💆🏼‍♀️

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, nomski100 said:

I can see where this is going...... they are going to try to keep the term time only nurseries open through the summer holidays..... without us getting extra funding🤔..... I feel it in my bones💆🏼‍♀️

Just seen you're in Hertfordshire - if I sneezed my covid germs (if I had any) could almost land in Hertfordshire xDxD

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nomski100 said:

They can 'try' - it won't be happening here and that is for sure

We didn't ask for any of this - we are all trying to muddle through as best we can - the 'funding money' does not belong to our Local Authorities they just distribute it to us on behalf of Government (after they have taken a slice of course)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

They can 'try' - it won't be happening here and that is for sure

We didn't ask for any of this - we are all trying to muddle through as best we can - the 'funding money' does not belong to our Local Authorities they just distribute it to us on behalf of Government (after they have taken a slice of course)

Same here, and I totally agree re funding.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

there was an announcement the other day that we WOULD NOT be expcted to stay open over summer....but it wouldn't be the first time there has been a u-turn recently.:ph34r:

And it is Friday... so watch out around 7ish tonight! xD

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, nomski100 said:

On BB1 breakfast this morning:

Purnima Tanuku OBE from Chief executive National day nurseries association 

Dr Sue Poole Founder, Monkton Nursery School

Thank you for Highlighting the issues with nurseries. 

CA072340-9BC1-4E64-AAF1-D7EBAAFCEE9F.MOV

I watched this - all good stuff - the Nursery looked just lovely - hats off to the staff working there with the children of Key Workers

• Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 21:05, lynned55 said:

I meant to add - go ahead and moan!   At least here you know that someone is listening and totally understands where you're coming from! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello 👋 

I’ve given up stressing about opening and gone back to stressing about my next furlough claim and now have more questions ...

I’m now working on Summer term funding but still Spring term private income (as that’s how I got to the Feb 3 weeks figure)...I think that’s correct 🤔 

this has brought my claim % down to 30%, not enough to cover the staff I claimed for April, my question is do you think I can claim a whole month for 2 of them but make another’s end date earlier in the month so I only claim the amount for that person that brings my claim up to the total wage I could claim? Say just claim 2 weeks of their wage (that will have given them 6wks furlough so 2x3wks)

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

Sorry I haven't a clue or helpful answer other that claim the most you think you can, you can always pay it back £2 week over they next however many years if they say you've over claimed.

I gave up even trying to claim for any.

I've made a plan for opening, not sure the parents will like it- just sent it to my deputy.  We will be doing short sessions only, in answer to my questionnaire they all ticked that box as an option.  If it turns out well we can always extend.

I'm not really a drinker. I enjoy the odd glass of wine etc.   My husband has just come in and said 'what the heck is this that's just come" holding up a large bottle of Pimms! He was shocked that I'd actually purchased  random alcohol - I told him I was getting tequila next as it's a nice word to keep saying.  

Note- I only ordered a small bottle - but the wonderful people a Tesco subbed it for a large bottle......... I guess they know I work in childcare xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3