Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

job retention scheme looking less hopeful

anju

13 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Mousie- and everyone else that is opening up on Monday, hope it goes well for you. Let us know how you get on. We only have staff in next week and are opening to children on 8th.

Thanks Lynned, I really wish I’d left it till the 8th now as it’s meant working solidly through half term to prep everything and I still have parents humming and hahhing 🤯

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2020 at 18:14, louby loo said:

Well I will do it very soon.... probably next week  :D xx

Hi Louby, did you get on to this yet? I applied for and got my activation code all geared up to do it then hit this screen very quickly, any ideas what number I’m looking for now? nothing on my letters has 2 letters/9 digits 🤦‍♀️

457C6D0C-B0C5-4891-ADE5-5EE6890720E2.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Hi Louby, did you get on to this yet? I applied for and got my activation code all geared up to do it then hit this screen very quickly, any ideas what number I’m looking for now? nothing on my letters has 2 letters/9 digits 🤦‍♀️

Who's asking........?   😵😮😂

No.  I've not actually submitted my accounts yet anyway -  I  was given an extension due to Covid, as I couldn't collect the rest of paperwork from building.

We're a not-for-profit rather than a charity so not sure if that makes a difference?  I will have a look in a little while and see if I've got something with letters and numbers on . x

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I think it could be the  HMRC reference number you use when you re-claim gift aid, my one has two letters and five numbers?

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Who's asking........?   😵😮😂

No.  I've not actually submitted my accounts yet anyway -  I  was given an extension due to Covid, as I couldn't collect the rest of paperwork from building.

We're a not-for-profit rather than a charity so not sure if that makes a difference?  I will have a look in a little while and see if I've got something with letters and numbers on . x

1 hour ago, NBBubbles said:

I think it could be the  HMRC reference number you use when you re-claim gift aid, my one has two letters and five numbers?

I think we’re not for profits too (though we do but say it’s for any redundancies or premises repairs), I phoned the help number on my letter which said they don’t have available advisors unless to do with repayments and to go to HMRC webchat, went there was told to phone number I’d just phoned, I told him they are directing to web chat, he said they shouldn’t be, I was about to tell him to try the number himself when the chat was ended .....it’s like Groundhog Day 🤬

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I think we’re not for profits too (though we do but say it’s for any redundancies or premises repairs), I phoned the help number on my letter which said they don’t have available advisors unless to do with repayments and to go to HMRC webchat, went there was told to phone number I’d just phoned, I told him they are directing to web chat, he said they shouldn’t be, I was about to tell him to try the number himself when the chat was ended .....it’s like Groundhog Day 🤬

All our profit seems to go into reserves for redundancies at the moment.  ALTHOUGH we were actually hoping to buy a nice role-play kitchen this year  - that one's on the back-boiler again now :( :(  x

I alway pick the wrong option when phoning the HMRC- then get sent back to the beginning again.

• Sad 3

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/find-examples-to-help-you-work-out-80-of-your-employees-wages/examples-of-how-to-work-out-80-of-your-employees-wages-national-insurance-contributions-and-pension-contributions#min-pay-flexi

Just thought I’d plant this here In case it’s of any use to anyway.

Have any term time settings given any thought to August and furloughing staff? We won’t technically have any funding income but staff will still be paid August, could we put anyone who has already been on furlough back on for a few weeks? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/find-examples-to-help-you-work-out-80-of-your-employees-wages/examples-of-how-to-work-out-80-of-your-employees-wages-national-insurance-contributions-and-pension-contributions#min-pay-flexi

Just thought I’d plant this here In case it’s of any use to anyway.

Have any term time settings given any thought to August and furloughing staff? We won’t technically have any funding income but staff will still be paid August, could we put anyone who has already been on furlough back on for a few weeks? 

That’s a good point. Worth thinking about that - I suppose there’s no reason why not. Like you say, we have to pay staff and yet have no income.

• Like 1

I have thought about it, could we put them on furlough and claim the full % whatever it will be, as we have no income? However they aren't actually working are they? So I'm thinking that would be classed as holiday?

Here we go again, round & round in circles!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

I have thought about it, could we put them on furlough and claim the full % whatever it will be, as we have no income? However they aren't actually working are they? So I'm thinking that would be classed as holiday?

I see what you mean. Confused!

39 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

My payroll have confirmed we can furlough staff through the summer holiday (if they have been before 10th June), I’m going to use the same % that I’ve been using, we have our holiday pay added to each month so our Aug pay is earn’t already and not all holiday pay as some pay in August.

Did anyone else apply for the LA discretionary grant? I had an email yesterday to say we’d been awarded an amount (a little more than the figure I put that we’d lost in private income) so very happy with that 😄 I hope anyone else who applied has also been successful 🤞 

• Like 2

That's good news then about the furlough- our holiday pay is added to each month as well. Are you saying that if for e.g our % was 22% before then use that again? I have 3 staff that were furloughed so will be able to do one- also one of my staff normally works 5 mornings and 1 afternoon but at present is only working 3 mornings- so I think I could probably claim for her in July (I think 1st July is when furloughed staff can work part time) 

I had a look at our LA's Discretionary grant but to qualify you had to have lost 50% of your income and we didn't. So no, we couldn't

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

My payroll have confirmed we can furlough staff through the summer holiday (if they have been before 10th June), I’m going to use the same % that I’ve been using, we have our holiday pay added to each month so our Aug pay is earn’t already and not all holiday pay as some pay in August.

Did anyone else apply for the LA discretionary grant? I had an email yesterday to say we’d been awarded an amount (a little more than the figure I put that we’d lost in private income) so very happy with that 😄 I hope anyone else who applied has also been successful 🤞 

Thanks for that. Our pay is split over 12 months as well and paid kind of as we go along so I see how that would be reasonable to put a claim in for August. I’ve only got one person I’ve furloughed but it would be really helpful to have that income. Well done for getting that grant. I didn’t bother applying - the criteria would have precluded us I think. 

3 minutes ago, anju said:

Thanks for that. Our pay is split over 12 months as well and paid kind of as we go along so I see how that would be reasonable to put a claim in for August. I’ve only got one person I’ve furloughed but it would be really helpful to have that income. Well done for getting that grant. I didn’t bother applying - the criteria would have precluded us I think. 

Ours only said we couldn’t apply if we’d already received government support other than CJRS, it did say it was mainly for  premises costs, but we don’t have any so all I could show was loss of private income and didn’t expect to get anything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Ours only said we couldn’t apply if we’d already received government support other than CJRS, it did say it was mainly for  premises costs, but we don’t have any so all I could show was loss of private income and didn’t expect to get anything.

Great that you got it anyway. Will help

with the autumn term I’m sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Ours said loss of 50% or more and shut almost as soon as the page opened. They did say that only around 1% of applications would be successful

I never actually got to even see it!

We were hoping to apply for enough to cover our rent until the end of term.  We haven't opened so not to much of an issue in the end I suppose.

• Like 1