Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Commute to work!

zigzag

Just wondering as I made my way to work this morning how different everyone’s commute to work is?  

My commute on this glorious morning was a meander up the lane, which takes all of seven minutes, I was passed by one car and two people.  The only sounds to be heard where the ringing of the bell on the buoy out at sea, the cockerel crowing and the birds singing.  Just had one of those moments when I was so grateful for where I live although   I know it probably sounds like hell to a lot of people.!

so come on share your commutes.....

• Like 2

I get the train. It' a lovely journey when the train is on time, has the right number of carriages and I get a seat. Sadly i've seen a real deterioration in train travel over the years so it' now the least favourite part of my job. On average I travel 2 to 3 hours a day

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Meant to add mine is also a lovely journey through forest- often see deer, and if lucky a beautiful stag, although not so much this time of year.

I'd like to be near water though like you zigzag :) 

Finleymaid we too seemed to be plagued with the dreaded 'road works' for the last few/next few weeks >:( Trouble is we keep getting roads closed short term, (wouldn't be so bad if that worked to the stated times rather than random closures O.o)which is annoying we you only really have limited options to get from A to B xDxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my journey is only four miles but it can take anything from 15 minutes to over 30 minutes depending on traffic and also leaving 5 minutes later can make a load of difference re time it takes - would love to be able to walk to work

Oh Zigzag you lucky thing.  I travel along a main road, but beside a large park, so that is a good bit, not the traffic camera tho, which has caught me just the once!  Not a bad commute only takes 10 minutes on a good day, but bumper to bumper if there's the slightest incident as this is a main road to everywhere in the area with 4 schools quite close by to each other.

Mine isn't that healthy sadly. I start from my bedroom and begin a long walk down a corridor, turn right into the study, and that's it. Takes around 30 seconds depending on my state of mind. On the plus side I've never yet encountered substantial rush hour traffic. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Could walk in about 15 minutes - usually drive because I always seem to have loads of 'stuff' to take with me :)

Me too Sunnyday, I have a car and boot that bursts with nursery "stuff".  We don't have a shed in our nursery garden, so I store a lot of go to stuff in my boot.

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Me too Sunnyday, I have a car and boot that bursts with nursery "stuff".  We don't have a shed in our nursery garden, so I store a lot of go to stuff in my boot.

I'm another one.  I keep saying I'm going to cycle in but I always seem to have to much 'stuff'.  

I have my my travelling storage facility  which is my dads old car- dents and scrapes on every panel... 16 years old and 35,000 milage.  I love that car but sadly it must go very soon :( as it's diesel.  Quite funny really my husband wants to use it tomorrow to collect something, and I just heard him muttering and moaning about 'having to clear the boot and back seat out' xDxD

x

• Haha 1

I have a drive that is usually 15 minutes but has been known to be an hour and a half! Approximately 300 bus stops en route plus eleventy sets of traffic lights - timing is everything! I miss the ‘green’ of my two previous commutes - zigzag I’m moving in with you. Ok?! ;)

• Haha 1

My commute to works takes approx 45  minutes and I have been going the same route for at east 12 years. It still amazes me how sometimes when I get to work I cant remember going round the roundabout or driving past a certain shop :D

• Like 2

if I didn't have all the stuff in my car (microwave to go to tip/bag of top soil for mud kitchen /work bag with essential items in it ….like a change of clothes/ equipment going home to be washed or mended) I would be able to walk as I did this morning early when I walked the dogs

WP_20180705_07_28_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.a5170f8e1e450ad8c1cbc6857fdfec74.jpgWP_20180707_07_28_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.fab414372ed490770f9841494c377cd4.jpgWP_20180707_07_37_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.bfc8d712ada416f357b52652b846a2e0.jpg

• Like 2

On 04/07/2018 at 20:59, Carol said:

My commute to works takes approx 45  minutes and I have been going the same route for at east 12 years. It still amazes me how sometimes when I get to work I cant remember going round the roundabout or driving past a certain shop :D

I do that sometimes - I get home and think what was traffic like - guess we go on autopilot

Edited by blondie

On 6/27/2018 at 16:48, Steve said:

Mine isn't that healthy sadly. I start from my bedroom and begin a long walk down a corridor, turn right into the study, and that's it. Takes around 30 seconds depending on my state of mind. On the plus side I've never yet encountered substantial rush hour traffic. :)

In fairness, sometimes you do have to go downstairs for a meeting in the sitting room....

• Haha 1