Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cool Milk and NMRU

Just wondered if anyone else is having problems with Cool Milk with regard to a need to re-register with NMRU

I have very nearly reached the end of my tether :angry:

I responded to an email request from Cool Milk to re-register towards the end of September - would just say that i did this on the day that their request hit my inbox.

I did wonder if all had been successful - it appeared so apart from the fact that I didn't get any sort of confirmation from NMRU

Following that I have had, almost daily, emails from Cool Milk requesting that I re-register - I have replied to each and every email promptly.......these emails have become increasingly 'threatening' - i.e. if you do not re-register your milk deliveries will cease and you will be liable to pay x amount for milk supplied from beginning of term.

I rang them yesterday as emails don't seem to work - I was on hold for 31 minutes - goodness knows what that call cost me - I hope that this is now resolved - they seem to think that it could be because I have changed my email address since my first set up with NMRU back in 2007

No email today - but hey - a 'threatening letter' instead :(

So as I said - anyone else having similar problems?

• Like 3

Do you know sunnyday I almost posted last week to ask if cool milk was driving anyone else mad but was on the iPad and couldn't figure how to start a new topic, I had a nightmare sorting the registration, thought I'd done it but then kept getting emails saying I only had so long to complete it, phoned nursery milk and got no where, then phoned cool milk who said it wasn't really their problem anymore but the lady was quite helpful and said to look in my junk file for the 'activate' email....it was there, once done you could finish the process.

But all their emails to place orders, confirm orders drive me mad, I'm seriously thinking 'forget this I'll just buy the milk' :-(

• Like 2

You ladies have made me feel heaps better - thank you! :1b

I am usually fairly calm and don't let such matters 'get to me' - but this saga really has.......

I forgot to say in my original rant that I have twice contacted NMRU directly (by email) - really think that buying my own milk is looking like the best option

So glad to read this post - I am also fed up with all the emails and the weekly request to confirm numbers - do they not realise it is very unlikely the numbers will change once the term has started - certainly not significantly enough to effect our milk order - I also find the amount sent is way to much and we had loads left over so I under order - we receive 12 pints a week and still have surplus - for the cost of those 12 pints I am seriously tempted to buy from local supermarket with our weekly snack - has to be more cost effective than the time I am spending on emails.

• Like 1

I also just buy what we need during the snack shop and top up during the week. Once a quarter I just add up what we've spent and send off the claim form. They pay up really quickly. (I didn't really approve of Cool Milk's methods - they were quite happy to go with the most expensive supplier)

• Like 1

I also just buy what we need during the snack shop and top up during the week. Once a quarter I just add up what we've spent and send off the claim form. They pay up really quickly. (I didn't really approve of Cool Milk's methods - they were quite happy to go with the most expensive supplier)

I would happily dump cool milk and buy our own again too - I don't agree with their methods either!

Unfortunately it's not up to me, but it was straightforward enough we used to do it ourselves.

• Like 1

I ditched Cool Milk last year some time and we now get the local dairy to deliver. They charge us and we claim back from NMRU which seems to be working. I know have a lovely lady I can phone to change my order as and when and to let her know when holidays are which is really civilised and it gets done straight away! Best thing we have ever done.

• Like 2

I ditched Cool Milk last year some time and we now get the local dairy to deliver. They charge us and we claim back from NMRU which seems to be working. I know have a lovely lady I can phone to change my order as and when and to let her know when holidays are which is really civilised and it gets done straight away! Best thing we have ever done.

For us the only good thing about cool milk is we have a fantastic delivery man (or woman)

He come in all weathers- he comes very early and if I could actually 'catch' him to speak with I would like to just get direct from him.

• Like 1

Same problem for us as well, inbox full of emails from coolmilk. Did as I was asked and re registered with NMRU who then wouldn't accept my provider number. Finally hot it sorted but am fed up having to constantly give numbers to coolmilk when nothing has changed. You are not alone Sunnyday we all feel your pain!

• Like 1

Pleased to hear that Rea - did you have to re-register or not - perhaps you have that delightful process to come :blink:

Yes, re-registered a few weeks ago. Very straight forward, no probs at all. Just wish we could tell them half termly I sdsdtead of weekly!

• Like 1

We still have a doorstop milk delivery at the pre-school.

We just complete forms quarterly and money is paid directly from NRFU.

We, sorry I, buy milk at supermarket and we claim money back from NMRU but we now have to claim monthly since Sept. They have changed the process. I'm not sure whether the Treasurer had to reregister.

• Like 2

Wow, I thought it was just me! I emailed our local dairy yesterday to find out how much it would cost me to dump Cool Milk and the NMRU. Going to give them the elbow this week and go it alone. I'm sick to death of the constant emails and being made to feel like a criminal for not cancelling a litre of milk. Too much hassle - I'd rather pay for it myself. It will be far less wasteful too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...