Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finished!

louby loo

Rebecca you are pushing your luck! However:

• Clear your desk - just you and your lap top and notes
  • turn off the phone
  • ear muffs on your pet, or cover up the budgie (muttering and the occasional swearing can be upsetting)
  • send your other half out
  • make sure there are plenty of supplies in - tea, bickies etc.
  • Having kept notes throughout the year as to what you have changed -rummage about to find them
  • Gather your info about everyone's training received
  • or anyone who has graduated
  • Find your Setting's Improvement plan for last academic year
  • Read through the old SEF (noting where you may have embellished, fibbed exaggerated and have a giggle, and put stars where new "stuff" has to go in
  • Save each page as you go or you'll get timed out (i.e.g I went of for a cuppa)
  • FLIPPING WELL GET ON WITH IT!!!
  • Like 8

Rebecca you are pushing your luck! However:

• Clear your desk - just you and your lap top and notes
  • turn off the phone
  • ear muffs on your pet, or cover up the budgie (muttering and the occasional swearing can be upsetting)
  • send your other half out
  • make sure there are plenty of supplies in - tea, bickies etc.
  • Having kept notes throughout the year as to what you have changed -rummage about to find them
  • Gather your info about everyone's training received
  • or anyone who has graduated
  • Find your Setting's Improvement plan for last academic year
  • Read through the old SEF (noting where you may have embellished, fibbed exaggerated and have a giggle, and put stars where new "stuff" has to go in
  • Save each page as you go or you'll get timed out (i.e.g I went of for a cuppa)
  • FLIPPING WELL GET ON WITH IT!!!

Oww... Another page for the bullet journal :lol: :lol: :lol:

(hoglet has a lot to answer for :lol: :lol: )

• Like 1

From not having any jobs last week to having a list this week...........

So far:

Made flyers to distribute around about, low numbers this year and NO waiting list!

Manipulated minutes of AGM to include new members being voted on!

Sent estimated numbers to EY dept ready for first lot of funding. Complete guess because staff didnt want to do 'work stuff' today. Cant blame her, but neither did I!

Written out and sent the dates we require to rent the church hall. Same day, every week and virtually every month...but still they require it.

Prepared letters to go to the 5 new starters, telling them when to arrive and what to expect.

Still to do:

Wages. Birmingham council require us to pay minimum wage of £7.85 so that needs changing.

Registers, name labels. But only when staff can tell me who they are.

Arrange cleaning day and a meal out.

Re-read 2011 PLA constitution because I'm sure it says staff can be on the committee as trustees.

Look at this SEF stuff.....thingy.

Then I'm going on my holidays!

Just out of interest Rea, what does your manager do ? or don't you have one ? my chair (or any committee members) haven't even asked if there's anything they can do or even if all is ok ...not heard from any one of them since we broke up :-/ , they haven't even mentioned the AGM which should be a couple of weeks after returning :angry:

• Like 2

Well up to about 2 hours, but I did have a gap for a cuppa, re-group and a think! Straight online, don't mess about with paper

Hey well done my little black and white furry friend! :lol:

I wouldn't mess about with paper either if I could get online with Ofsted - think I was whinging about that somewhere up thread :lol:

Just out of interest Rea, what does your manager do ? or don't you have one ? my chair (or any committee members) haven't even asked if there's anything they can do or even if all is ok ...not heard from any one of them since we broke up :-/ , they haven't even mentioned the AGM which should be a couple of weeks after returning :angry:

Well now, I'm not actually sure so, as shes still recovering but will be in work, we're going to go through her job description! It might, according to 1 staff member at least, remind r of what she should be doing.

I'm probably doing stuff based on what I wantnto do, poking my nose in a bit and being bossy!

• Like 4

Ok - as the return to work looms I have made a more concerted effort to attack the TD list HOWEVER does anyone else now have "nested" TD lists. These seem to occur when you tackle one job only to find that a flurry of TDs relating to the original job show their hands eg

Ops plan update leads to new cleaning schedule which leads to all staff to read and sign schedule

Ops plan update leads to emergency plan update

etc. etc. etc.

I obviously need a bullet hierarchy to manage this or perhaps just a single bullet might do it!!!!!

• Like 2

Yes I am! (I've even added a few doddles :1b )

.... But I have to ask- do you do 'Hygge' ? ....that one's big in this house.

No, I know the word, sort of. Doing the washing up in my house can be a challenge and I still haven't got pictures back on the walls from finishing plastering and repainting 2 years ago!!

Ok - as the return to work looms I have made a more concerted effort to attack the TD list HOWEVER does anyone else now have "nested" TD lists. These seem to occur when you tackle one job only to find that a flurry of TDs relating to the original job show their hands

Always!

• Like 1

No, I know the word, sort of. Doing the washing up in my house can be a challenge and I still haven't got pictures back on the walls from finishing plastering and repainting 2 years ago!!

Yes, but I look at is more about 'moments' rather than the environment as a whole. You make lots of lovely cakes, and enjoy reading to me that equates to lots of hygge-ie opportunities.

• Like 1

Ok - as the return to work looms I have made a more concerted effort to attack the TD list HOWEVER does anyone else now have "nested" TD lists. These seem to occur when you tackle one job only to find that a flurry of TDs relating to the original job show their hands eg

Definitely!

Make sure that as these extras crop up you add them to the TDL - just to give you pleasure of crossing them off :lol:

Took some 'stuff' up to my setting today and thought 'ah not long now' :blink: :lol:

Need to take further 'stuff' tomorrow (or sometime soon) then I might be able to see this room again!

Hope you are enjoying the holiday - I certainly am :1b

Incredibly hot here today - not that I'm complaining - love a sunnyday ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

Incredibly hot here today - not that I'm complaining - love a sunnyday ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lovely here too although it's got a little hot for me and I've retreated inside to cool off a little where Louby Loo now has me googling Hygge!! Met up with a friend this morning and discovered a new (to me) cafe for delicious tea and cake - orange and almond!

After tea I'm going to be brave and empty my drawers and wardrobe and sort it all out ready to make a 'back to school' shopping list!

• Like 2

I thought I was doing well. Was 'spring cleaning' memory stick. You know deleting all those useful documents and things that you download through the year and never actually do anything with. Anyway, got to policies and thought to myself I did those ALL last term. We use the plsa templates, so I thought I would just peek on the website and ........... they have updated some this month!!!!! I have downloaded and added to my new 2016 - 2017 TDL.

Definitely!

Make sure that as these extras crop up you add them to the TDL - just to give you pleasure of crossing them off :lol:

Took some 'stuff' up to my setting today and thought 'ah not long now' :blink: :lol:

Need to take further 'stuff' tomorrow (or sometime soon) then I might be able to see this room again!

Hope you are enjoying the holiday - I certainly am :1b

Love a sunnyday too!! - I am having a "staycation" and am rotating regularly on the sun lounger outside my beach hut interspersed with reading trashy novels, swimming and body boarding - am turning a lovely shade of walnut - obviously this is so that I have laid down the correct levels of vitamin D to see me through the winter!!

Have taken some things up to the hall but my "office" at home is still a complete mess of paperwork especially with spawning TD lists!

I have also broken out my sewing machine to make new water play overalls - the last lot have given up after 20 years of service - not bad eh what - me thinks I should patent my design.

It's back to work next week to clean the hall and have new starter sessions before the autumn term begins in earnest so am going to make sure that I enjoy the remaining days of the summer break.

• Like 4

I thought I was doing well. Was 'spring cleaning' memory stick. You know deleting all those useful documents and things that you download through the year and never actually do anything with. Anyway, got to policies and thought to myself I did those ALL last term. We use the plsa templates, so I thought I would just peek on the website and ........... they have updated some this month!!!!! I have downloaded and added to my new 2016 - 2017 TDL.

Oh for goodness sake - really - well that will also have to be added to a whole new TDL (huge sigh)

Thanks for the info though Isp :1b

• Like 2

Panders you make me feel incredibly guilty and I have made a promise to myself that I will update it before September! Watch this space.....

Can't quite believe it but actually got around to doing this today. Just a quick check and reread tomorrow and it is ready to cross of the TDL!

• Like 3

I can't quite believe that I suddenly find myself with a TDL having been thrust into the role of Chair for local preschool! Thought I'd retired, but now have a dining room table full of stuff and a new spiral bound TDL book!

• Like 3

I can't quite believe that I suddenly find myself with a TDL having been thrust into the role of Chair for local preschool! Thought I'd retired, but now have a dining room table full of stuff and a new spiral bound TDL book!

Hope they know how lucky they are to have you! :1b

• Like 2